Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I've actually been listening to more podcasts because while my commute is gone I can now listen while working most of the time. At the office one of the managers in my department gets super pissy about people having earbuds in (because her employees were using them so they wouldn't have to listen to her) so there was a ban on them. It turns out working while listening to podcasts is all right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dave's explanation of the XFL situation on the latest WOR is loving insane.

"They fired the executives for cause because they ran the company too well and it didn't lose as much money as they were supposed to."

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/TheJoshiPod/status/1253195878916972545

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
Lord help me, but I'm agreeing with Satin over Dave in a twitter argument.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think they’re both dipshits but I like Dave.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tell me the argument.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

81sidewinder posted:

Lord help me, but I'm agreeing with Satin over Dave in a twitter argument.

lol

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

Cavauro posted:

tell me the argument.

Should the jobber last night have kicked out of the V-Trigger. Satin says no, Dave says yes.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

no viewers will give a poo poo about that guy kicking out of the v trigger in two weeks and he gets a cool match with kenny omega to put on his resume

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The V Trigger isn't his finisher, and he pinned the jobber like an rear end in a top hat.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

81sidewinder posted:

Should the jobber last night have kicked out of the V-Trigger. Satin says no, Dave says yes.

They're gonna have to be using jobbers more thanks to parts of the roster not being available and they want those matches to have a little bit to them instead of being total squashes.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I can't believe this jobber kicked out of the Young Bucks's finisher, the superkick

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kenny was loving around with that guy. He could have put him on his rear end at any point of that match. If Satin or Meltzer didn't catch that, they should blog less and enjoy more wrestling.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

coconono posted:

Kenny was loving around with that guy. He could have put him on his rear end at any point of that match. If Satin or Meltzer didn't catch that, they should blog less and enjoy more wrestling.

yeah that was the story of the match. Kenny was just having a goof.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Satin sucks and I'm pretty convinced he's posting here and waiting for stocks to hit 75 dollars

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Yea Kenny was obviously treating the guy like a joke. That aside, I would not be upset to see more Alan Angels. I thought he looked pretty good, honestly.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

sportsgenius86 posted:

Yea Kenny was obviously treating the guy like a joke. That aside, I would not be upset to see more Alan Ingalls. I thought he looked pretty good, honestly.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Malcolm Excellent posted:

yeah that was the story of the match. Kenny was just having a goof.

like when dude kicked out, Kenny was more apologetic than upset. his lips said "well if that's how you wanna do this" then Kenny murdered the dude's head and neck areas.

And yeah, that Bagels guy might be someone if he doesn't gently caress up and prank call wrestlers at 2am.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
People claim sponsors aren't selling and thus not advertising but Steven Singer of I Hate Steven Singer Dot Com is not only selling his mother's day gold dipped roses, he's using a portion of the proceeds to by meals for nurses. Thank you brave podcast sponsor!

Also Britt Baker is on Talk is Jericho and it's good.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ngl i wanna see more Team High Risk after the quarantine ends

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Ryan Satin is just doing his job

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Ryan Satin is just doing his job

being a professional dipshit must rule

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

coconono posted:

being a professional dipshit must rule

it's fun

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Probably gets paid in Exposure too!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wasn't it basically the New Japan young boy match formula? Like, real star goofs on kid for a bit, gets punished by the kid getting some offence, then real star wins with a move that is literally never a finish in a real match?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Gaz-L posted:

Wasn't it basically the New Japan young boy match formula? Like, real star goofs on kid for a bit, gets punished by the kid getting some offence, then real star wins with a move that is literally never a finish in a real match?

New Japan has no idea how to build stars

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Someone posted a link in the AEW Dynamite thread for Bryan and Vinnie's show reviewing TNA Victory Road 2009 and holy poo poo did that get me laughing hard. I ended up watching about a dozen more TNA reviews. I never watched a single TNA match or show so this is all new to me and man did they do bad shows.

Anyone have any other Bryan and Vinnie shows I should watch that mainly are them complaining about how bad wrestling is? I'm sure there are a ton since there is so much bad wrestling. Them getting angry is just :perfect:

I did listen to the December to Dismember (never heard of it before) and I'm glad I wasn't that into wrestling to be that disappointed in wrestling.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Digital Jedi posted:

Someone posted a link in the AEW Dynamite thread for Bryan and Vinnie's show reviewing TNA Victory Road 2009 and holy poo poo did that get me laughing hard. I ended up watching about a dozen more TNA reviews. I never watched a single TNA match or show so this is all new to me and man did they do bad shows.

Anyone have any other Bryan and Vinnie shows I should watch that mainly are them complaining about how bad wrestling is? I'm sure there are a ton since there is so much bad wrestling. Them getting angry is just :perfect:

I did listen to the December to Dismember (never heard of it before) and I'm glad I wasn't that into wrestling to be that disappointed in wrestling.

whichever TNA PPV had bryan describe tazz as coming to ring "completely square"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Digital Jedi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOUF9282TaI

You should listen to this.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://youtu.be/cWqgPu-Esc8

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Vince, Cena, and all the Goof.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

whichever TNA PPV had bryan describe tazz as coming to ring "completely square"

no joke that was Victory Road 2009

that one show had so many legendarily bad moments i'm starting to come to the view that it's up there with like Heroes of Wrestling for worst PPVs ever and maybe #2

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TO4c1fHY2s

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYMrjQCO1Pw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMZOXAIjuCs

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Life is so brief, Sting is a Thief

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

bischoff SOLD FOR THE BIRD

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

He's the one guy you can ask "where'd you get your ideas from?"

i s t o l e t h e m f r o m a m o v i e

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

This was one of the dozen I watched. I love how the start of the episode saying not only is it not a war but WWE doesn't care to change. Also, hope he got the boat.

somewhere

Stink :lol:

How is this real? And why does Sting look like the Joker circa 1960s Cesar Romero

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Absolutely cannot post Stink You're Wronk without this gem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L_i71yNuUs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ok this was a good one. Bryan has a loving soul baring moment via impact booking. its amazing.