Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

psiox posted:

sippin' out of the best mug

no way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/DawnHFoster/status/1249007437836845057

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

psiox posted:

sippin' out of the best mug

i would not hesitate at all to buy this as a christmas gift for someone if i saw this somewhere

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
gently caress your coffee mug and and cum in it.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/Good_Guy69/status/1249758904822751233

mystes
May 31, 2006

The conflation of dark roasts with strong coffee is tiresome.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

mystes posted:

The conflation of dark roasts with strong coffee is tiresome.

you seem bitter about this

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

President Beep posted:

it really burns my beans

mystes
May 31, 2006

President Beep posted:

Maybe more like sour?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

mystes posted:

Maybe more like sour?

kind of tannic

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
In-office Friday/Saturday so back into the land of the “Carmel Macchiato” creamer!

:shudder:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/qikipedia/status/1251767488125251584

too bad; i'm still going to drink my coffee black :colbert:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

it’s because people who drink their coffee white are unlikely to do anything at all with their lives

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Found out we had year-old low quality pre-ground store bought coffee in the pantry. It smells awful. So I did the reasonable thing and tried making a cup with a moka pot, and the loving thing managed to brew a thing that doesn't taste absolutely awful (like meh suburb restaurant drip maybe).

Moka pots are loving magic at elevating something that a French press would make an awful taste with.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

haveing coffee

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

MononcQc posted:

Found out we had year-old low quality pre-ground store bought coffee in the pantry. It smells awful. So I did the reasonable thing and tried making a cup with a moka pot, and the loving thing managed to brew a thing that doesn't taste absolutely awful (like meh suburb restaurant drip maybe).

Moka pots are loving magic at elevating something that a French press would make an awful taste with.

ive used the old trick of hard boiled egg shells to fix bitterness is cheap grounds, something about the calcium leeching out when brewing so it mellows like milk. it can be overdone and make coffee with barely any flavor of theres too much shell, but sometimes thats what it needs

right now im looking at a quarter bag of beans and a whole small bag of decaf beans

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

i bought the meijer store brand beans cause it was the biggest bag available. still working through the current stock but should have an update by early next week

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i bought several kg of cheap beans before the roni hit big time and they’ve been perfectly fine so far. getting through them tho :ohdear:

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

this is no world for bad beans

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

i bought several kg of cheap beans before the roni hit big time and they’ve been perfectly fine so far. getting through them tho :ohdear:

that's a lotta beans

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I didn't really stock up for roni, bought an extra pound of beans maybe

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
I bought a lot of espresso when I caught wind of the shelter-in-place stuff.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

yeah i bought extra but clearly my plans were ad hoc and i should have gone with my gut and bought three of my regular bags

theyre doing curbside no touch pickups now so im planning on a pickup soon. really hurts though because i love my local shop and miss going on and seeing my fellow coffee drinkers

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i got a couple bricks of bustelo in my last instacart, life is good

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i havent drank coffee in several weeks

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

who knew that it was the start of eternal watuary

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i drank some coffee this morning

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

graph posted:

i havent drank coffee in several weeks

this is the coffee thread my dude

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
i'm drinking some right now

also having a muffin

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jonny 290 posted:

this is the coffee thread my dude

it's like how people sometimes post in the cjs thread about not having a job

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Ran out of beans today

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

:rip:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Cat Face Joe posted:

i bought the meijer store brand beans cause it was the biggest bag available. still working through the current stock but should have an update by early next week

had to move this up. store beans are fine, neither good or bad. they'll do in these trying times

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
current batch of cold brew seems significantly weaker, hmm

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Drinking the bean water

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

bump_fn posted:

current batch of cold brew seems significantly weaker, hmm

Now u can chug

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

black coffee right now

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Had some dalgona coffee this morning; this is good stuff.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Captain Foo posted:

Now u can butt chug

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

i started a bean subscription today cause i almost forogt to order for next week, but like i go through a bag every 8-9 days, so a one a week thing is going to be a little too much, but maybe i can bump it by a few days every once in a while and get back on track

i'm now going to go get a cold brew at the cafe next to the park and put it in my own cup thing to minimize the vid then go read in that park next to it