Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Illinois going to extend until May 30th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

illinois is cool now

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I've said it before but Obama's biggest mistake was not Ruby Ridging these fuckers the instant they drew on federal agents.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I feel like there’s better plans that to go to a police officers house to berate him.

But who am I to stop the Bundys.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Stultus Maximus posted:

Obama's biggest mistake

Of all the things to pick...

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Stultus Maximus posted:

I've said it before but Obama's biggest mistake was not Ruby Ridging these fuckers the instant they drew on federal agents.

They absolutely should have arrested that entire group. He fed into a dangerous militia movement.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

It seems like the federal response to insurrectionists switch goes from "murder their children" to "off" and it would be nice to have some in between options. I can't believe we let an armed group take over a federal facility and then just walk away. Future historians are going to have a lot of points in time to pick from on the exact moment the American empire entered terminal decline, but that's got to be one of those choices.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Best Friends posted:

It seems like the federal response to insurrectionists switch goes from "murder their children" to "off" and it would be nice to have some in between options. I can't believe we let an armed group take over a federal facility and then just walk away. Future historians are going to have a lot of points in time to pick from on the exact moment the American empire entered terminal decline, but that's got to be one of those choices.

Waco explores this as a show but because they don't show koresh raping a baby a lot of TFR people are refusing to watch it because it whitewashes an account based on a Branch Davidian book. Like no poo poo, the show is focused on the government's change in policy and practice; if you make their targets completely unlikable you risk having the audience rooting for the feds in this post 9-11 fascist hellscape.

Meanwhile people like the BDs are now allowed to get away with asking for permission to fire on Federal agents and running overrunning public land with impunity and pardons from the president.

But brown people are getting scooped up in hospitals during a loving pandemic.

We were always an evil country.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Apr 23, 2020

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I have a theory that whites people have a deep rooted and subconscious jealousy of the struggle minorities go through and they want a piece of it. After all, the struggle through adversity to become a success is a great story.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Woofer posted:

I have a theory that whites people have a deep rooted and subconscious jealousy of the struggle minorities go through and they want a piece of it. After all, the struggle through adversity to become a success is a great story.

Check out Settlers, by Sakai

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Stultus Maximus posted:

I've said it before but Obama's biggest mistake was not Ruby Ridging hosting a Pakistani wedding reception on these fuckers the instant they drew on federal agents.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Best Friends posted:

I mean, we really didn't have a good option. Let them walk without any consequences and yeah, we legitimize their platform.

But, if we raid them and break some heads, then they become martyrs that people can rally around and use to justify right wing terrorism, like another car bomb in front of a federal building.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Woofer posted:

if we could somehow harness the energy conservatives spend concocting some imagined victimhood we could power the world forever

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

BigDave posted:

I mean, we really didn't have a good option. Let them walk without any consequences and yeah, we legitimize their platform.

But, if we raid them and break some heads, then they become martyrs that people can rally around and use to justify right wing terrorism, like another car bomb in front of a federal building.

they're going to go ahead and justify car bombing a federal building regardless. let it hit 'em

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

BigDave posted:

This I why do don’t believe in big government conspiracies. If nobody was smart enough to successfully bag these idiots on legit minor charges how did we fake going to the moon?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

quote:

The official lockdown started March 23 and will likely end May 1st. That is EXACTLY 40 days.

The Latin root of the word "quarantine" is "forty".
So what does the Bible say about 40?

The flood lasted 40 days.
40 years Moses fled Egypt.
40 days Moses stayed on Mount Sinai to receive the Commandments.
Exodus lasted 40 years.
Jesus fasted for 40 days.
40 days for a woman to rest after giving birth.

Optimum number of weeks for human gestation is 40.

A group of theologians thinks the number 40 represents "change”. It is the time of preparing a person, or people, to make a fundamental change.
Something will happen after these 40 days. Just believe and pray. Remember, whenever the number 40 appears in the Bible, there is a "change".

Please know that during this "quarantine" rivers are cleaning up, vegetation is growing, the air is becoming cleaner because of less pollution, there is less theft and murder, healing is happening, and most importantly, people are turning to Christ. The Earth is at rest for the first time in many years and hearts are truly transforming.

Remember we are in the year 2020, and 20 + 20 = 40.

Also, 2020 is the year of the United States Census. Jesus Christ, the savior of the world, was born during a census.

Lastly, 2020 is perfect vision. May our sight focus on the Lord and living according to His perfect vision for us knowing He holds us in the palm of His hand.

May these days of "quarantine" bring spiritual liberation to our souls, our nation, and our world.

Post copied. ❤️❤️

I will never understand religious people. The way they view the world is completely alien to me.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
The new Health and Human Services spokesman:

quote:

In a series of tweets on March 12, Caputo responded to a baseless conspiracy theory that the United States brought the coronavirus to Wuhan, China, by tweeting that "millions of Chinese suck the blood out of rabid bats as an appetizer and eat the rear end out of anteaters."
He followed up at another user, "Don't you have a bat to eat?" and tweeted at another user, "You're very convincing, Wang."

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
To each their own, man. It's why I worship bigfoot. Not really that observant, mostly a christmas and easter thing.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Mustang posted:

I will never understand religious people. The way they view the world is completely alien to me.

When your worldview and identity is based on some supreme being having a plan, you’ll look for anything that validates your faith or gives you a glimpse into the plan.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

I hope all the militia guys get covid and die because they don't believe it's real.

Also those officers should've arrested all those stupid fucks.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Woofer posted:

Does this explain why conservatives love the IRA? Because I've been curious why the say, ANC, was public enemy number one while the provos are plucky freedom fighters. What could the difference be?

I know exactly what the difference is

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

LingcodKilla posted:

This I why do don’t believe in big government conspiracies. If nobody was smart enough to successfully bag these idiots on legit minor charges how did we fake going to the moon?

Stanley Kubrick, duh!

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

NSA WIZARD posted:

THE THINGS YOU PEOPLE LOOK AT ON VACATION ARE DISGUSTING

I've been paying much more attention to the news since working from home. Checks out.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Best Friends posted:

it was the failed katrina response

i will die on this hill

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

i will die on this hill

Kiwis aren’t allowed to criticize Murica because our

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

i will die on this hill

George Bush doesn’t care about black people.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

i will die on this hill

Iraq invasion came first. Neverending money pit that nobody else in the world wanted to get involved in.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Nick Soapdish posted:

I AM A FREE KAREN ON THE LAND, AM I BEING DETAINED OR ARRESTED??? WHAT IS YOUR BADGE NUMBER???

Lmao yea I don't think I've seen a lady sov cit video before. FREE KAREN ON THE LAND is fuckin :discourse: rename me pls mcnutty

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Stultus Maximus posted:

Iraq invasion came first. Neverending money pit that nobody else in the world wanted to get involved in.

For a lot of people that is just "Vietnam 2". Not sure it's a watershed moment.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

i will die on this hill

It was the 1977 NRA convention which gave John Birchers a mainstream platform

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

i will die on this hill

My pick is the Flint water crisis. The moment we decided, from the average voter all the way up to the (democratic!) president, that the social contract no longer required government to provide anything to the common people. Katrina was bad but at least it was commonly regarded as a failure of government. Just a few short years later even ensuring drinkable water was considered out of scope. From that moment on, we're supposed to ride on the rails of whatever exists, and adapt to breakdown after breakdown.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u2ZynkD3N_k

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

The PATRIOT Act and our response to 9/11 in general.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Doc Hawkins posted:

i just use a small spray bottle with the straw removed so it sprays when you hold it upside-down

e: to clarify i use it to spray my lovely butt hole

that's not as good as the poop knife story

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
THE DOCTOR HAS LOGGED ON

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1253451487415619586

TIME TO DRINK BLEACH MOTHERFUCKERS

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Everything is funny all the time

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

THE DOCTOR HAS LOGGED ON

And hit the tanning bed too.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Everything is funny all the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHtnutB-06o

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

facialimpediment posted:

THE DOCTOR HAS LOGGED ON

Holy poo poo that lady did not say anything of the sort and she had to sit there and not scream LIAR at him.

That was horrific.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

facialimpediment posted:

THE DOCTOR HAS LOGGED ON

Unreal

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

The reason I specifically highlight Katrina is that it's the first time that you had a major disaster on American soil and you were completely unable to handle it

When you can't look after your people, you've failed.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The context is that he had some DHS Undersecretary gently caress I've never heard of present this chart:

https://twitter.com/kathrynw5/status/1253446237686312961

Because of information like this:

https://twitter.com/ScottGottliebMD/status/1253321483402674178

Which basically implies that the virus is weak to soaps and sunlight. Singapore might be a counterexample, since they're spiking in 80-90 weather and high humidity, but that might be a result of people being packed in tight in places.

Donnie read/heard all this and said, out loud, the equivalent of HELL YEAH LET'S DRINK DISINFECTANT AND INJECT UV LIGHT LET'S FUCKIN GOOOOOOOOOOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqbn7oxXh38