Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
4g has also mostly buffed earlier progress when he patched older stuff. As an endgame player my advice on earlier poo poo isn't great because people are hitting milestones in different features way faster than I did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I just got cards so I'm getting dangerously close to ~the end of content~, though the hump to get to rad-lands looks like it's going to take a long-rear end time so maybe not.

Also saving up for the wish slot quirk is the most painful thing I've done in this game yet, just having to restrain myself from buying all the nice quirks I could afford in their entirety in return for getting the massive one I spent ages saving for.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Sort total cost but left to right top to bottom and you're absolved of decisions

And ngu doesn't have too much more content to go, good time to be close to end

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Leveling up most Gold Diggers in NGU doesn't seem very pointful- it's an ever-escalating chunk of gold and income reduction for an additional 1% or so above the 120% or so you get at the first level of a given Gold Digger. I'm up to an 112.65% bonus- is the idea that over time this escalates into significant bonuses? Because otherwise I feel like Gold Diggers are going to scale worse and worse as the game goes on.

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

Pope Guilty posted:

Leveling up most Gold Diggers in NGU doesn't seem very pointful- it's an ever-escalating chunk of gold and income reduction for an additional 1% or so above the 120% or so you get at the first level of a given Gold Digger. I'm up to an 112.65% bonus- is the idea that over time this escalates into significant bonuses? Because otherwise I feel like Gold Diggers are going to scale worse and worse as the game goes on.

Gold digger scaling is slow, but once you get past a certain point it is the only real use for gold. Gold income scales massively, especially as you get into evil and sadistic difficulty, but none of the other gold costs scale at all. Augments and blood magic are still E+18 gold while your time machine is spitting out E+60 or more gold a second. Once you get to that point, the only other sink for gold is the expanded money pit. Eventually gold diggers will become a major portion of a range of stats, but it is a slow burn.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
So I'm still very early on in NGU but my GRB spawn was ready so I dropped back into the safe zone and went to my Inventory to equipment my Looty and Forest Pendant for drop rate and suddenly I had a bunch of GRB drops and in my Adventure tab it showed me one-shotting GRB. Is that a bug? Or do you just auto-kill Titans once you are strong enough?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

DariusLikewise posted:

So I'm still very early on in NGU but my GRB spawn was ready so I dropped back into the safe zone and went to my Inventory to equipment my Looty and Forest Pendant for drop rate and suddenly I had a bunch of GRB drops and in my Adventure tab it showed me one-shotting GRB. Is that a bug? Or do you just auto-kill Titans once you are strong enough?

If the feature is turned on in your settings, then yes as soon as you are strong enough you will start to autokill them.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

DariusLikewise posted:

:shobon:

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

The Fool posted:

If the feature is turned on in your settings, then yes as soon as you are strong enough you will start to autokill them.

Also note that this happens regardless of which adventure zone you are in.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

and offline!

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Note that offline happens regardless of whether you have the box ticked in settings.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Pigbuster posted:

I just got cards so I'm getting dangerously close to ~the end of content~

No you aren't. I just killed the easiest iteration of the 11th titan for the first time tonight and I've had access to cards since the day they launched, months ago.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I have twice died to WALDERP saying "HIT ME WITH A _______" without the "WALDERP SAYS" at the beginning and then when I use something else getting the "YOU DIDN'T DO WHAT I SAID AT ALL, SUCKER! TIME TO DIEEEEEE!" message and getting one-shot. I'm doing the Simon Says right and getting punished. Very annoying.

e: Third time, WTF

Pope Guilty fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Apr 24, 2020

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

walderp will also do that if you take too long to react

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The Fool posted:

walderp will also do that if you take too long to react

I thought I'd used a different ability and been punished, but in the screencaps I took there was clearly nothing in between the command and the kill message. Thanks!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

The Fool posted:

Now I see this and I feel dumb

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

DariusLikewise posted:

Now I see this and I feel dumb

Ask me about when I was told about the auto-boost recycled boosts setting.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It took me like a year to realize that the NGU Cap Modifier worked for all the individual cap buttons and not just the "Cap All NGU's" button despite it saying clearly in the tooltip exactly what it does :cripes:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

explosivo posted:

It took me like a year to realize that the NGU Cap Modifier worked for all the individual cap buttons and not just the "Cap All NGU's" button despite it saying clearly in the tooltip exactly what it does :cripes:

Back when I asked why my Power and Toughness were getting unbalanced? That's where I figured out that it's because my gear has more Power than Toughness. Because I hadn't realized that those stats also affect Attack/Defense outside of Adventure.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Pope Guilty posted:

I have twice died to WALDERP saying "HIT ME WITH A _______" without the "WALDERP SAYS" at the beginning and then when I use something else getting the "YOU DIDN'T DO WHAT I SAID AT ALL, SUCKER! TIME TO DIEEEEEE!" message and getting one-shot. I'm doing the Simon Says right and getting punished. Very annoying.

e: Third time, WTF

You can only do actions when there is «Walderp says ...», the other times just wait and do nothing

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Ineptitude posted:

You can only do actions when there is «Walderp says ...», the other times just wait and do nothing

Nah.

You can get 3-4 attacks through in between Walderps attacks.

Also, you absolutely need to attack when there isn't a "Walderp says", just anything that isn't what is listed in the message. If you don't attack, it's as if you attacked with the wrong thing.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
For web based incremental clickers like Evolve, is there a way to speed up the browser 'ticks' in either Firefox or Chrome?

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
(for chrome)
1. Load the page
2. Located evolve.js in the devconsole
3. Place a breakpoint at line 4: switch (data.loop) {
4. Reload the page
5. Hover over 'data' and change 'period:' to 25 (lowest I found that still works and doesn't lockup the game after a while)
6. Click resume script execution, or press F8
7. Repeat step 5 and 6 two more times for each type of loop (main, which handles the evolution stage, mid, which handles mostly everything else, and long, which handles the day cycles and some other stuff)

You'll have to repeat this every time you prestige. Or make a tampermonkey/greasemonkey script to do it for you.

edit: I figured this out last year, it's possible it changed since then, I haven't played recently.

Garfu fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Apr 25, 2020

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
In idle wizard, is there a way to effectively use Chronomancer at e70, or am I too eager?

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

please knock Mom! posted:

In idle wizard, is there a way to effectively use Chronomancer at e70, or am I too eager?

As far as I remember Chronomancer is never very effective for progression. Voidmancer is where it's at.

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most

chrono is great for grabbing a ton of achivements for clicks and other things that happen automatically

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Oh gotcha. Yeah I’m using void now, and used chrono to cheat a lot of challenges. Kinda wanna get good with prodigy but void + worg is just killing it right now

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Oh gotcha. Yeah I’m using void now, and used chrono to cheat a lot of challenges. Kinda wanna get good with prodigy but void + worg is just killing it right now

Just be aware that idle wizard quickly gets to the point where you're blocked from progression by intentionally slow game systems and that every build requires multiple specific item sets that are gated behind aforementioned slow game systems, and every build says "run the buildup phase for 2 days and you'll gain e2 mysteries!" You're right around the point where all of that starts kicking in. The only way it's even remotely fun is if you use cheat engine and drastically speed up the gameplay.

Like, this is one of the SIMPLE end-game builds:
https://idle-wizard.fandom.com/wiki/TA_Archon

This is one of the more complex ones:
https://idle-wizard.fandom.com/wiki/Desolator_Guide

Every build requires exactly the right equipment (maxed out, of course!) and multiple days-long phases of setting spells on reckless cast and walking away.

New Yorp New Yorp fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Apr 26, 2020

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

NGU Beards:

Are the permanent effects always on, even when the beard is inactive, or are they just permanent improvements to the active effect of the beard?

If I put some levels on the Number beard, does it need to be active when I Rebirth to get the +Number or does it work regardless and I only need to have it active on Rebirth if I want to get the increase to permanent bonus?

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Pope Guilty posted:

Are the permanent effects always on, even when the beard is inactive, or are they just permanent improvements to the active effect of the beard?

Always on. And beards don't keep scaling with difficulty and no additional beards are introduced, so they eventually become something with no choice necessary; they're all always on, and they're all always maxed.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Potential dumb question. I don't need to go back to Normal after I clear all the challenges, right? There's no more benefit and I can just continue in Evil?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

In evil your gold generation go down but your pp go up

This is, in general, a pretty good trade.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
But gold is only good for Diggers, also little bit money pit but lol.
I can cap *all* my blood and I only have 4 24 hours to go. Finished #5 in 11 minutes on the dot.

e - and #6 was 15 minutes. I completely forgot about said diggers until the last 20 seconds of said run.

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Apr 26, 2020

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Ah, that's the other thing, your blood generation goes down as well. Apologies, haven't played ngu in a while.

Still worth it though, you get 500 extra base pp per kill in ITOPOD

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
if you finish up challenges in a mode, never go back. quirks and perks don't work backwards

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Just be aware that idle wizard quickly gets to the point where you're blocked from progression by intentionally slow game systems and that every build requires multiple specific item sets that are gated behind aforementioned slow game systems, and every build says "run the buildup phase for 2 days and you'll gain e2 mysteries!" You're right around the point where all of that starts kicking in. The only way it's even remotely fun is if you use cheat engine and drastically speed up the gameplay.

Like, this is one of the SIMPLE end-game builds:
https://idle-wizard.fandom.com/wiki/TA_Archon

This is one of the more complex ones:
https://idle-wizard.fandom.com/wiki/Desolator_Guide

Every build requires exactly the right equipment (maxed out, of course!) and multiple days-long phases of setting spells on reckless cast and walking away.

Ah, that's pretty annoying. I can't really enjoy NGU though because it's just pure numbers go up, need that consistent theme and story behind the setup of these games

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Ah, that's pretty annoying. I can't really enjoy NGU though because it's just pure numbers go up, need that consistent theme and story behind the setup of these games

I started playing it again last week and just speedhack / memory edit resources as necessary. It's marginally fun now.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I found that Realm Grinder has enough fluff to keep me interested. Need to do some stuff still and I'm being lazy, but it's not a bad one to try out

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Eldercain posted:

if you finish up challenges in a mode, never go back. quirks and perks don't work backwards

some inventory stuff does, but most dont

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

I've been playing NGU for about two weeks now. I just hit what I guess is commonly referred to as the "Mega Wall". I've got full leveled/boosted Gaudy, I've done 1 Basic and 1 24 HR challenge, can idle the first three titans and AVSP. At this point do I just focus on NGU Adventure, Blood Pills, and Ygg until I can get a few kills in Mega and start boosting that? Complete the basic challenges I guess?

It feels like I went from satisfying cruising along progress to basically nothing.