Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
MDickie continues to run circles around 2k.

https://twitter.com/MDickieDotcom/status/1252924730010742785

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

this is NOT my vision for wrestling

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

in many ways MDickie is the Chuck Tingle of wrestling game design

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

So TEW2020 is out today, right?

Logic and reason says to hold off a bit since this'll be a week long (at least) beta period, but hype wants me to dive in.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Mdickie games are on par with Nintendo 64 games in terms of their contribution to the greater art of wrestling lunacy. Hard times, the game where you’re in prison, it’s like desert bus if there was someone who would hit you with the pipe and say “you’re in here for pedophilia? I’m in here for terrorism which is even worse!!”

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Happy TEW2020 Beta Release Day!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

So TEW2020 is out today, right?

Logic and reason says to hold off a bit since this'll be a week long (at least) beta period, but hype wants me to dive in.

I'm just gonna dive in since there's tons of new features and stuff to get used to anyway and I'm probably gonna have spend weeks tweaking my personal database. So I might as well start up and try and figure everything out. I won't get a real game going for awhile but lots of screwing around I can do before then.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

MDicky
SexDicky
SexChucky

Same man? Why not!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I'll never see MDickie as anything but the guy who made The You Testament and the guy who wrote some self-obsessed smug monologue voiced beautifully here.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TEW2020 free trial available now http://greydogsoftware.com/total-extreme-wrestling-2020-trial-released/

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

IGgy IGsen posted:

I'll never see MDickie as anything but the guy who made The You Testament

Already more than one human lifetime's worth

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MDickie is pretty cool for a fuckin weirdo. Please let Liger decapitate his opponents.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
TEW 2020 UI is insanely bad.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

10 million dollars or whatever but you can't even explode your feet off. Pathetic.

sam16
Oct 29, 2007
Pillbug
Bad news. You won't get to see how much of a dumpster fire 2k21 would have been.

I'm not sure that skipping just 1 year will let them get back on track.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Zeta Acosta posted:

TEW 2020 UI is insanely bad.

Its not the best hoping some decent skins come out soon to fix it.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Yikes, yea UI is not great, a lot of really bad choices. Developers are usually terrible at UI and this feels like a UI made by a developer even more then previous versions. Crazy.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Wait so did the UI get worse?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It seems like a problem if a game that is, let's be honest, 98% just a database frontend has a bad ui. Seems like there is not much else to lean on

Takuan
May 6, 2007

The worst part is all the database fields with large white borders, black background, and tiny white text. Like the white borders almost take up as much space as the text.

Also you can't scroll-wheel through most of the lists.

There's actually a lot I like about the new UI, but the bad parts are really, really bad, and the default skin is an eyesore. It somehow looks more like an early-00s freeware game than the actual early-00s freeware versions of TEW.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I can't believe they FINALLY killed the yearly WWE games.

And that Yukes NOT making the game is what finally killed it.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

sam16 posted:

Bad news. You won't get to see how much of a dumpster fire 2k21 would have been.

I'm not sure that skipping just 1 year will let them get back on track.

This would be the year to skip, honestly. Let the new consoles launch and settle a bit and then develop a premium... new... exper... :laffo:

Yeah, I can't get through that with a straight face.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tato posted:

I can't believe they FINALLY killed the yearly WWE games.

And that Yukes NOT making the game is what finally killed it.

some dude in a Yukes cubicle just blew a celebratory note with a kazoo to the mark the occasion.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Let Kojima Productions do the next WWE game.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

same

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I’ve been telling myself for years that some day I’ll work up the motivation to write a TEW killer. I have a sketchpad full of ideas for how to do it and everything haha

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

MDICKIE MADE THIS IN A CAVE! OUT OF SCRAPS~!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you can only kill EW if your name is also adam and you'd better keep at it or you will be counter-killed in the end

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Im not too bothered by the TEW2020 ui yet. I messed around for a few hours in the database and a game. I’m getting the hang of it. I don’t love the layout of the game stuff but I can see it being more convenient and less clicks once I get the hang of it. Right now it’s just a matter of relearning where everything is.

It will help a lot when there are skins out and I can pick a better color scheme and maybe something with bordered buttons or something to make them stand out a bit more.

Right now my biggest problem with the game is that its too big for my default screen resolution and I can't figure out how to change the default screen resolution in my virtual pc so I have to change it every time I open it up to play. That's gonna get annoying real fast but there's gotta be a way to change it.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Apr 24, 2020

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
2K apparently has some other game up their sleeve that isn't a 2K game

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

WWE Supercard 2 for Switch :v:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'll repeat what I say every time someone asks what it'd take to get me to get a WWE game ever again:

Crush
Hour
cowards

Every other criticism I have would go away briefly enough for me to make the payment for that

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

give me Phantasy Star Online but wrestling you cowards

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

KungFu Grip posted:

I know it’s the wrong company (THQ I believe did this) but... All-Stars 2 maybe?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://twitter.com/MDickieDotcom/status/1253587959493820416

At this point, I'm absolutely down with MDickie going full on blood and guts wrestling.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Testekill posted:

https://twitter.com/MDickieDotcom/status/1253587959493820416

At this point, I'm absolutely down with MDickie going full on blood and guts wrestling.

"Going?" He's coming back, if anything.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

I want to like TEW 2020, but the UI is really bad. The home screen has an 8x5 grid of 40 buttons with absolutely no organization at all.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

coconono posted:

MDickie is pretty cool for a fuckin weirdo. Please let Liger decapitate his opponents.

When he says this isn't his vision, he means he meant this to only happen with the fake Kishin Liger character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

mearn posted:

I want to like TEW 2020, but the UI is really bad. The home screen has an 8x5 grid of 40 buttons with absolutely no organization at all.

Couldn’t you at least sorties into talent, Corporate, and booking?