Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

Ineffiable posted:

Doesn't that make it potentially less powerful than the Xbox one x?

Devs are going to be extremely annoyed with Microsoft if they have to support it.
Nah. The architecture changes will mean it is likely faster GPU-wise than the current X, CPU will be massively faster, and slightly less ram compared to series-X will basically mean they'll have to just pair back the textures. Really that's about it, lower quality textures + lower res (or just letting the games dynamic res do its thing). Dunno it could work, but also it's MS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
I want this rumored two tier (three tier? Four tier with XBone S + X?) strategy to do well but I have the sinking fear that it’ll go about as well as Windows RT

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

In my job the base Xbox One is the bane of my existence and I'd like it if Microsoft didn't do that again for the next 8 years please.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
It’s ok tho. Sony copied more of the Xbox controller for Dualsense, so really they’re already taking the best parts of the ecosystem for themselves.

Maybe in ten years we’ll get a Halo game on PS7 like post-Dreamcast Sonic.

Kratos and Master Chief at the Olympic Games.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Akuma posted:

In my job the base Xbox One is the bane of my existence and I'd like it if Microsoft didn't do that again for the next 8 years please.

good news it has to keep being supported for 2 years after the series x comes out and theyre absolutely doing that again for the next 8 years!

Ok Comboomer posted:

It’s ok tho. Sony copied more of the Xbox controller for Dualsense, so really they’re already taking the best parts of the ecosystem for themselves.

Maybe in ten years we’ll get a Halo game on PS7 like post-Dreamcast Sonic.

Kratos and Master Chief at the Olympic Games.

i dont know if the new controller design is going to be good, ill have to wait until i can hold it but the last thing i think when im using the ds4 is "i wish this was pointlessly bulkier"

at least ds4 will be ps5 compatible if the new pad isnt any good.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Akuma posted:

Like it was always bad or it sucks that you have to still support it?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

You have to work with super slow ram except for a tiny buffer of 32 mb

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013
Hi all,
there used to be an xbone shark tank alternative thread for xbone. Is this still around? Can't seem to find it.
Thank you.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think people got sick of console warrioring.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Nellistos posted:

Hi all,
there used to be an xbone shark tank alternative thread for xbone. Is this still around? Can't seem to find it.
Thank you.

Are you referring to this one:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3856132&pagenumber=55&perpage=40

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

I think people got sick of console warrioring.

lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

it got sent to cccc and then immediately became fail

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stux posted:

it got sent to cccc and then immediately became fail

Discord tends to make things fail yes

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Stux posted:

good news it has to keep being supported for 2 years after the series x comes out and theyre absolutely doing that again for the next 8 years!

I thought it was just one year, and that was only Microsoft's pledge for their own first-party games (i.e. a third party could make a game that only works on the next gen SKUs if they wanted to for launch).

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

I thought it was just one year, and that was only Microsoft's pledge for their own first-party games (i.e. a third party could make a game that only works on the next gen SKUs if they wanted to for launch).

I believe the quote was closer to "a year or two" when ybbara or whoever spilled the beans on it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It was booty

"As our content comes out over the next year, two years, all of our games, sort of like PC, will play up and down that family of devices," Booty said.

3rd parties can do whatever i think yeah but i think theres going to be pressure to cross gen from fans and ps4 sold so well its gonna have a long tail anyway so id assume the industry is just going to do mostly crossgen for a while, especially with rumors that sony is only making 5 million ps4s thru march of 2021 in the business press lately)

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Apr 23, 2020

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013

Yes, thank you - i see is dead.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

it pains me to say this but that's not the shark tank that's some imp zone thread, the real one is in cccc

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its not readable when floribama shore is on hiatus

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013

ethanol posted:

it pains me to say this but that's not the shark tank that's some imp zone thread, the real one is in cccc

what is cccc? where is xboxpants or...what was that other guy..cypher?
is the real one active - should i search?

edit: anyway don't want to start anything here, just thought that with next-gen console wars heating up and xboners on ssd that *that* thread would be active. out.

Nellistos fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Apr 23, 2020

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Just get into GPU naming schemes and call it: Xbox42069F 4K FaTaLiTy Edition

It also must have a big breasted fairy chick on the box

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
For anyone who hasn't played it yet, Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming to Game Pass May 7.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The wrong Red Dead game for Xbox got chosen

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Too bad PC GamePass isn't getting it. My new CPU got me 4 months of it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Nellistos posted:

what is cccc? where is xboxpants or...what was that other guy..cypher?
is the real one active - should i search?

edit: anyway don't want to start anything here, just thought that with next-gen console wars heating up and xboners on ssd that *that* thread would be active. out.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3622381

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Only kind of annoyed, not because i just bought it a couple months ago, but because I don't play it.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

bushisms.txt posted:

Only kind of annoyed, not because i just bought it a couple months ago, but because I don't play it.
:same:

in chapter 3 for almost a year, guess I'm on a deadline now

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Imagine buying a current gen AAA game

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I bought it for more than half off, so it doesn't hurt, but it was right before they added V, so I didn't think it would be so soon. I'm a sucker for cowboys.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Christ I just cancelled gamepass damnit I deserve this

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Christ I just cancelled gamepass damnit I deserve this

Just wait a week for them to give away 3 months for a dollar or some poo poo

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

TheScott2K posted:

Just wait a week for them to give away 3 months for a dollar or some poo poo

This never worked for me; it appeared on the dashboard and then reverted to full-price when I tried to subscribe again. Multiple times.

So I just subscribed for full-price. It's well worth it anyways. $1, $10, either way it's a helluva value for what you get.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

gamepass style services will one day be the main mode of gaming and 3rd parties will be reliant on cuts of subscriptions for revenue and barely sell any copies themselves and they will shift their output to cheap quick titles they can hype and dump on a service every quarter like xbox game studios has been doing since it invented the scheme and finally i will be able to play voodoo vince in 8k

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
If you're in a supported country, you can also get on the ms rewards system and redeem that poo poo for a free month or gamepass when a game comes out you wanna play. Xbox rewards app has monthly rolling goals to get points for unlocking cheevos or playing certain games so its pretty easy to stock up some points.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Ya all the sweet dollar deals have a limit of one per account, but luckily I have no regard for dash board clutter and will almost certainly register smurf emails and just play the game on an extra account like I did for outer worlds and Nier

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

The PC version is $5, which feels right

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

The PC version is $5, which feels right

For now, it's marked as a beta so I assume it will go up in price once it's full release.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

ethanol posted:

For now, it's marked as a beta so I assume it will go up in price once it's full release.

No, it's all five dollars each. Xbox gamepass is 5 dollars as well. You just need live gold to play online, which also costs 5 dollars.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

No, it's all five dollars each. Xbox gamepass is 5 dollars as well. You just need live gold to play online, which also costs 5 dollars.

What

No it isn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

What

No it isn't

Gamepass ultimate is 15 dollars a month. 5 dollars for PC, five dollars for Xbox, five dollars for gold for xbox multiplayer.