Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

not caring here posted:

Holy poo poo that lady did not say anything of the sort and she had to sit there and not scream LIAR at him.

That was horrific.

0:25 of Take Camera 2

https://twitter.com/NC5PhilWilliams/status/1253487743046385670

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

crack_ping.gif

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Just imagining sun-tanned lungs, a nice healthy bronze color. Just sticking a bronchoscope down there with a tiny set of tanning bed lights for an hour or two.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Someone tell trump that if you mix bleach and ammonia you get a cure for all that ails you

No actually dont, because if he says to people will try it

And america doesn't like war criming herself

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Japanese-American internment camps. The Trail of Tears. Etc, etc.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Not THOSE kinds of Americans. You know, AMERICANS.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

You must be mistaken, my friend. The US has never done anything wrong since our God-King Founding Fathers founded the nation

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1253478374695006209?s=20

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

MOVE bombing, Tuskegee Experiment

Lemniscate Blue fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Apr 24, 2020

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

BigDave posted:

crack_ping.gif

I see your camera 2 and raise you

https://twitter.com/LaurenWern/status/1253499872134782979?s=20

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Nick Soapdish posted:

You must be mistaken, my friend. The US has never done anything wrong since our God-King Founding Fathers founded the nation

And “no we didn’t” was the last word on the subject. Cool.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Nick Soapdish posted:

We're going to spend tomorrow listening about how the liberal fake news media is treating poor Tucker Carlson unfairly, because actually he meant we only interned 100,000 Japanese.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I think I had an aneurysm.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
BLEACH CURES COVID

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
So being recently discharged from the military and filing for unemployment benefits for the first time and with nothing better to do, I started looking a bit into benefits by state.

It is insane how different they vary state by state, especially red vs blue state. Even with the additional 13 weeks from the CARES act for COVID 19 some states still provide fewer weeks of benefits (like FL 12 weeks, 25 with CARES) than states like my own (WA, 26 weeks, 39 with CARES).

However, sad thing is I'll be making more money from 39 weeks of unemployment than a lot of these people working essential jobs likes grocery store workers and delivery drivers will make all year.

Data from WA that's a few years old showed that the average weekly payout was like upper $300s with $790 max. Not sure exactly how they calculate what you get but my DD-214 as an O3 got me the maximum amount.

I consider myself extremely fortunate that I live in WA while this poo poo is going on. I try to spread some of the wealth around and give large tips when I order stuff, which is pretty much how I get everything now.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
California was 1 full year for anyone just out of the mil when I got out. You could also ask for an extension, never looked into it tho.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Yeah CA threw it at me no questions while I'm in school. CA tends to be pretty decent with social services. We have a lot of room for improvement, but compared to a lot of the nation, hoo boy.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Illinois was a year I think, but wanted weekly verifications of job searches.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Best summary I've seen so far on the serum testing in NYC and the concerns apply elsewhere (the USC study earlier in the week etc).

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/science-news/what-we-can-can-t-take-away-new-york-s-n1191106

quote:

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Thursday offered what appeared to be a surprising statistic on just how broadly the outbreak of the coronavirus has hit the state: Almost 14 percent of people tested in a new study were found to have antibodies to the disease it causes.

It might be good news. The data suggest that the state's mortality rate could be lower than previously thought, albeit much higher than for seasonal influenza. But it's still too early to reach that conclusion — or any other extrapolations people might want to make about easing lockdowns, experts say.

Beyond that data point, Cuomo's presentation offered little detail that would allow a full assessment of whether that many New Yorkers really were infected. The numbers were from a preliminary analysis of a study that wasn't released publicly, so most of its methodology remains unknown. The state Health Department didn't respond to a request for a copy of the study.

That doesn't mean the findings are wrong. But it does mean that extreme conclusions about the mortality rate or the state's ability to reopen shouldn't be drawn from the data.

"There's a risk of really serious misinterpretation here," said William Hanage, an associate professor of epidemiology at Harvard University's T.H. Chan School of Public Health in Boston. "But the most basic conclusion — that quite a large number of people may have been infected and are not turning up in the official case counts — that's extremely plausible and something we have been suspecting all along."

https://twitter.com/nataliexdean/status/1252593876763914241

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I thought those antibody tests were all flawed or something

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Hot Karl Marx posted:

That's what both are talking about.

They're not fatally flawed, but they have a high false % rate and until we can define exactly how high (by testing alongside controls from known positives, other antibody versions etc) then it means that the data has a huge variable range.

It's like saying that Biden leads Trump by 10% nationwide in a poll. Good polls are around 3% margin of error, so we would say that result is still true.

We don't know if the antibody tests have a 3% or an 11% margin of error using that example. So maybe our 10% Biden poll is poo poo.

There were separate concerns about the California testing, ie enrolling people through facebook polling, people out at grocery stores etc but thats mentioned at the end of the article above. That type of solicitation could bias detection towards people more likely to be out and about (exposed).

The twitter feed for Natalie Dean talks a lot about the different tests in more detail and links to some new ones starting up right now that are better randomized (one in Indiana specifically) .

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Someone tell trump that if you mix bleach and ammonia you get a cure for all that ails you

No actually dont, because if he says to people will try it

M-mods?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

We're going to spend tomorrow listening about how the liberal fake news media is treating poor Tucker Carlson unfairly, because actually he meant we only interned 100,000 Japanese.

*crying washington post*

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
That California antibody tests is being referenced by anti-quarantine chuds everywhere as evidence that the virus is just a flu cause of how many people "already have it"

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Hot Karl Marx posted:

That California antibody tests is being referenced by anti-quarantine chuds everywhere as evidence that the virus is just a flu cause of how many people "already have it"

Yup and up until a few days ago it was hydroxychloroquine etc . They've already latched onto the "UV exposure cures us we need to be outside working doing things etc"

Which well, isn't the worst idea, being outside can only help... if you're not exposing other people to each other that is.

Chiche will file a report when he's awake.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Hot Karl Marx posted:

A major problem is that the FDA is kinda hosed right now. They're giving emergency authorizations to stuff that's questionable, while in the meantime, tons of shady, untested tests flood the market. Antibody tests are a particular clusterfuck, where there are about four approved/validated tests and 70 unapproved tests buyable in the wild. Those shady tests have garbage sensitivity/specificity, but claim they don't.

I believe the good tests have been used in the NY and Boston-area studies, but there's a lot of weird poo poo coming from that California study. Basically, as always, we're two months behind where we need to be.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

A major problem is that the FDA is kinda hosed right now. They're giving emergency authorizations to stuff that's questionable, while in the meantime, tons of shady, untested tests flood the market. Antibody tests are a particular clusterfuck, where there are about four approved/validated tests and 70 unapproved tests buyable in the wild. Those shady tests have garbage sensitivity/specificity, but claim they don't.

I believe the good tests have been used in the NY and Boston-area studies, but there's a lot of weird poo poo coming from that California study. Basically, as always, we're two months behind where we need to be.

Yeah check out Natalie Dean's feed, it's a lot of discussion about most of the current antibody studies that have any kind of press surrounding them (CA, NYC etc).

https://twitter.com/nataliexdean

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Members of my family believe COVID-19 is simultaneously judgement from God and a government hoax to oppress real Americans. My father thibks he is immune to the coronavirus because God made him "bulletproof," as he claims he has never been sick a day in his life. My brother says I'm going to Hell because I'm willing to accept the Mark of the Beast via Bill Gates' upcoming "vaccine."

So yeah, I come from a family of mentally stable geniuses.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

GoGoGadget posted:

Members of my family believe COVID-19 is simultaneously judgement from God and a government hoax to oppress real Americans. My father thibks he is immune to the coronavirus because God made him "bulletproof," as he claims he has never been sick a day in his life. My brother says I'm going to Hell because I'm willing to accept the Mark of the Beast via Bill Gates' upcoming "vaccine."

So yeah, I come from a family of mentally stable geniuses.

If I was speaking to my family I'm 99% certain they would be more or less identical.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Look them in the eye, set your hand on your shoulder and tell them softly, "I'll pray for you"

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Here in the future hellworld of the damned, the New York Times is incapable of unequivocally saying that injecting Lysol is a bad idea. I'd love for them to cite the other experts who apparently think it's good.

https://twitter.com/QasimRashid/status/1253661563736784898

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Here in the future hellworld of the damned, the New York Times is incapable of unequivocally saying that injecting Lysol is a bad idea. I'd love for them to cite the other experts who apparently think it's good.

https://twitter.com/QasimRashid/status/1253661563736784898

I would love a reporter to bring in bleach to one of these briefings and offer it to the president to prove his theory

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1253443580087218177

NYT bad and all but was the 1st source I saw.

Also Matt Gertz woke up and is pissed at Fox News.

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1253668576579457027
https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1253657428505354240
https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1253657911433269250

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Hoping for meltdown may. Who will be the first to crack and start calling people ghoulish motherfuckers.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

So we are circling back to “it’s just the flu, bro”

I’d say I’m surprised, but I gotta watch this Benghazi segment.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Woofer posted:

It's fascist propaganda. They'll simultaneously always have said it's just the flu and taken it more seriously than the stupid libs that want to take down our great president. Nothing factually matters, what matters is what can paint *those* people as the enemy right now and attack them as the weaklings betraying our nation and the vicious threat to our nation that needs to be destroyed.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Woofer posted:

was it hillary in the bunker with the drone strike?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Woofer posted:

Barack Obama deserves to spend the rest of his life in prison, and Hillary deserves to be drawn and quartered, for not stationing a Delta Force QRF and a carrier battle group in the Mediterranean on the off chance that a ragtag Islamist militia would attack a lightly defended secret CIA facility in Libya. The deaths of four Americans are on their hands.

Now let me explain to you why President Trump cannot be criticized for the deaths of 50,000 Americans on American soil in a month and why he should win a second term, right after I take a shot of bleach and follow it up with deep-throating my hippy son’s black light to make sure I’ve purged the Chinese Flu from my body.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

SOME experts might disagree? So they’re also legitimizing the idiots who advocate giving your autistic children bleach as just experts with different opinions and not dangerous quacks

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/IngrahamAngle/s...ingawful.com%2F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Oh my god are they running with we need to inject ourselves with sunshine and the president meant sunshine when he said disinfectant

I think I just crack pinged