Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naem
May 29, 2011

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Goddamn it, why is almond milk bad now? Does it multiply the Corona Virus or something

I have a case of Almond milk waiting for emergencies

https://i.imgur.com/nHXMxbZ.gifv

naem fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Apr 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

naem posted:

I don’t remember either of the two types of gas masks we were issued in the military being very much fun

Yeah in boot camp they had us make sure the mask was on with a good seal, then they have you stand there for a minute as they pop teargas everywhere, and finally they rip the mask off you and you gain a very quick understanding of why you wanted a good loving seal in the first place. Now when I go outside I just act like there's teargas.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Facebook Aunt posted:

Even these?

Hmm, yeah, I guess if the inner mask didn't make a good seal you'd fog up the visor?

And let everything in that you're trying to keep out.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

It takes a gallon of water to grow an almond

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.

Faith For Two posted:

I installed folding@home a few days ago. I haven't had any work units go to my gpu. When I check the logs, it says
code:
timestamp:WARNING:WU00:FS01:Failed to get assignemnt from 'ipaddress': No WUs available for this configuration
is this normal, or is something wrong with my config.

Isn't folding having issues with work order as effectively things are being solved so fast they're struggling to get work issued out to all the work severs?

bird with big dick posted:

I thought that was pistachios?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Goddamn it, why is almond milk bad now? Does it multiply the Corona Virus or something

It's bad in that it wastes a lot of water and contains almost no nutrition so you're better off just drinking water. And the coronavirus loves it cause it's bougie

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

That's fine, almond milk only has 1 almond per gallon anyway:

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-almond-milk-is-basically-a-scam-2015-4

It's all powdered chalk and thickener, you gullible fools

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

nullEntityRNG posted:

Isn't folding having issues with work order as effectively things are being solved so fast they're struggling to get work issued out to all the work severs?

I thought that was pistachios?

Maybe so but the thing is pistachios are yummy. Not that brand with the elephant though those suck.

https://www.businessinsider.com/amount-of-water-needed-to-grow-one-almond-orange-tomato-2015-4

Looks like almonds beat out pistachios. Although I do like marzipan.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The mine a non-refilling aquifer to grow almonds in the california desert. So it isn't almond milk in particular, almonds are just an ecological disaster generally.

But who cares? Everything we do is a disaster.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
https://twitter.com/Daniel_Lewis3/status/1253482576699969537

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Neophyte posted:

We Are All Gonna Die: I Also Read Many Times Good

I know we just had a title change but look at it mods

just look at it

There will be more. Willing to bet

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.

Duck and Cover posted:

Maybe so but the thing is pistachios are yummy. Not that brand with the elephant though those suck.

https://www.businessinsider.com/amount-of-water-needed-to-grow-one-almond-orange-tomato-2015-4

Looks like almonds beat out pistachios. Although I do like marzipan.

Weak. Almond milk can be tasty alternative sometimes.

Although I wonder how that actually compares to a cow water intake, weighted with the meat it makes and hellish lifetime it has being pregnant constantly.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

If corona made a blood clot in your thigh what would it feel like

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

If corona made a blood clot in your thigh what would it feel like

It seems like you already know

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Throat hurts a little suddenly (for a few hours now.) I've been extremely careful and only go on occasional walks but *sigh* it hurts so I would be extremely grateful to wake up without it tomorrow...

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Does Trump probably have some sort of mental disability or handicap? There seems to be something wrong with him that prevents him from being able to think critically and self reflect. His thought process, behavior, the way he talks, and reacts to others, is on the level of a toddler. His intelligence is at least a 1st grader level, and I have to wonder why he hasn't been forced to have medical tests done while in office to determine that. All of his medical records should really be made public, I think people have a right to know if Trump is mentally incompetent.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Spinz posted:

Throat hurts a little suddenly (for a few hours now.) I've been extremely careful and only go on occasional walks but *sigh* it hurts so I would be extremely grateful to wake up without it tomorrow...

Can I have your bank passwords before you go

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Spinz posted:

It’s also allergy season, try not to panic too hard. Have you taken your temp?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I said come in! posted:

Does Trump probably have some sort of mental disability or handicap? There seems to be something wrong with him that prevents him from being able to think critically and self reflect. His thought process, behavior, the way he talks, and reacts to others, is on the level of a toddler. His intelligence is at least a 1st grader level, and I have to wonder why he hasn't been forced to have medical tests done while in office to determine that. All of his medical records should really be made public, I think people have a right to know if Trump is mentally incompetent.

He’s a narcissist, his psych profile is built of impenetrable columns that support his weak ego and if one were to break it would bring the whole thing down, which is why over the course of his life he has built automatic defenses that obliterate any suggestion from the outside world that he might be wrong, stupid or ignorant, from reaching the fleshy ego that carries him around telling him
He’s the greatest ever

If he were ever to self reflect the whole thing would fall, which is why therapy nor counseling would fix him, in the rare event he were forced to get it, or even more unbelievable, he wanted to (therapy is for crazy people and he is the most sane, stable genius in the world)

There’s lots of people like that walking around, and it resonates with them, and also codependents who want a strong daddy

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

I said come in! posted:

He took an exam that's supposed to detect dementia a couple years back as part of his physical, then spent time boasting in public about how he "aced" it. This is the test that makes sure you can draw a clock and name some farm animals.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

It's amazingly bad for the water table/supply.

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

I said come in! posted:

Source your 2017 quotes please.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It’s also allergy season, try not to panic too hard. Have you taken your temp?

No
I think I would feel a fever
I have a pulse ox and check that once a day

I'm def not panicked
I'm calm
We will see tomorrow

Ty :love:

Spinz fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Apr 24, 2020

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

He’s a narcissist, his psych profile is built of impenetrable columns that support his weak ego and if one were to break it would bring the whole thing down, which is why over the course of his life he has built automatic defenses that obliterate any suggestion from the outside world that he might be wrong, stupid or ignorant, from reaching the fleshy ego that carries him around telling him
He’s the greatest ever

If he were ever to self reflect the whole thing would fall, which is why therapy nor counseling would fix him, in the rare event he were forced to get it, or even more unbelievable, he wanted to (therapy is for crazy people and he is the most sane, stable genius in the world)

There’s lots of people like that walking around, and it resonates with them, and also codependents who want a strong daddy

He's a narcissist who appears to have some additional brain damage through dementia or some other means.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

There Bias Two posted:

He's a narcissist who appears to have some additional brain damage through dementia or some other means.

Terminally American

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Spinz posted:

No
I think I would feel a fever
I have a pulse ox and check that once a day

I'm def not panicked
I'm calm
We will see tomorrow

Ty :love:

Do you have a thermometer handy. at least?

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Do you have a thermometer handy. at least?

Yes totally

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Trump has textbook Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Like, it's like this was just put into the DSM-V after observing him and him only.

quote:

Signs and symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder and the severity of symptoms vary. People with the disorder can:

Have an exaggerated sense of self-importance
Have a sense of entitlement and require constant, excessive admiration
Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
Exaggerate achievements and talents
Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
Believe they are superior and can only associate with equally special people
Monopolize conversations and belittle or look down on people they perceive as inferior
Expect special favors and unquestioning compliance with their expectations
Take advantage of others to get what they want
Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
Be envious of others and believe others envy them
Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious
Insist on having the best of everything — for instance, the best car or office

At the same time, people with narcissistic personality disorder have trouble handling anything they perceive as criticism, and they can:

Become impatient or angry when they don't receive special treatment
Have significant interpersonal problems and easily feel slighted
React with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make themselves appear superior
Have difficulty regulating emotions and behavior
Experience major problems dealing with stress and adapting to change
Feel depressed and moody because they fall short of perfection
Have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Spinz posted:

This pollen season is hitting me harder than any other year has by a lot. Not saying you aren’t sick, but take some allergy meds, drink plenty of water and monitor your temperature if you have a thermometer. I’ve felt like I’ve had both a fever and strep in the last few weeks and they both went away with Claritin and a warm shower.

Hay fever is a bastard and gives me that exact “you’re going to wake up sick tomorrow” scratchy throat and warm feeling.

Again, I’m not saying you aren’t sick, I just hope you aren’t.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Rad-daddio posted:

I'm the dude with the matching tactical fanny pack and backpack.

Hazo posted:

You're both just gonna ignore the combat helmet?

The Strangest Finch posted:

I admit the vest / kilt / fanny pack / Hawaiian shirt(?) Combo distracted me a bit from that. Dudes got his bases covered. Or something.

Hawaiian shirts are the latest thing the alt-right has co-opted, along with Pepe and the OK hand signal

They show that the protestor is prepared for the upcoming race war AKA the second civil war which they started calling the Boogaloo, which got changed to the Big Igloo, which got changed to the Big Luau. It's a white supremacy "I'm ready to start shooting black people" thing.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Spinz posted:

This happened to me and I was sickish for like 2+ weeks. I mean it happened the same day I actually went somewhere soo yeah. I mean I interacted with like one person so I kind of doubt it was Corona, but it certainly could have been. Although I mean is the incubation ever in hours? On the plus side no one else in the house seems to have gotten sick from whatever I had/have so that's good.

edit: No fever.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Apr 24, 2020

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Spinz posted:

Yes totally

Cool, if you're concerned just take your temp twice a day. When I got sick I knew basically right away that something was wrong. I was on the worse side of things, though, and it's worth at least knowing if there's any warning signs if you're on the milder end. I could tell you how high my fever was by how bad the aches were.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Hawaiian shirts are the latest thing the alt-right has co-opted, along with Pepe and the OK hand signal

They show that the protestor is prepared for the upcoming race war AKA the second civil war which they started calling the Boogaloo, which got changed to the Big Igloo, which got changed to the Big Luau. It's a white supremacy "I'm ready to start shooting black people" thing.

Imagine what would happen in a split loving second if not-white people did this.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rolo posted:

Imagine what would happen in a split loving second if not-white people did this.

Don't need to imagine. Regan introduced gun control to California in the 60's cause the Black Panthers were arming themselves.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Imagine being the very smart and well researched goon who voted for this (and will gladly do so again in the next election).

naem
May 29, 2011

welcome to costco, I love you

Tuxide
Mar 7, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Faith For Two posted:

I installed folding@home a few days ago. I haven't had any work units go to my gpu. When I check the logs, it says
code:
timestamp:WARNING:WU00:FS01:Failed to get assignemnt from 'ipaddress': No WUs available for this configuration
is this normal, or is something wrong with my config.

We have a thread on SH/SC for all your Folding@home/BOINC needs.

BOINC/Grid computing: Numbers Go Up, Hardware Edition
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3871439

There's definitely COVID-19 in silico work available, but right now Folding@home's compute power is a whopping 2.6 exaFLOPS because there are so many new volunteers. It might also be the case that your graphics card is overheating, which in that case I've seen Folding fail whatever task it was on and then return that message a few times.

Between Folding and BOINC, BOINC is probably the easier to set up, but right now if you want COVID-19 stuff then there's only CPU work coming from Rosetta@Home and TN-Grid. Those two projects seem to be finishing up their current COVID-19 work batches right now though. Folding@home also has CPU work for COVID-19, and some of the newer projects right now are CPU-only.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Cool, if you're concerned just take your temp twice a day. When I got sick I knew basically right away that something was wrong. I was on the worse side of things, though, and it's worth at least knowing if there's any warning signs if you're on the milder end. I could tell you how high my fever was by how bad the aches were.

Thank you everyone
I will take temps

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Goddamn they are really heavily armed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Sjs00 posted: