Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

oh yeah I知 not scoffing at the quality of the instruments, that was a good pun you laid down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I have a guitar and a ukulele and a piano all sitting right in front of me and I haven't touched any of them in months because I'm lazy

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

hi pick

how do you feel about steve jobs, do you ever wonder if wikileaks was accurate and that he was pozzed

I literally know almost nothing about him. I'm not even good with computers although apparently I'm much better than most these days since I still do my own builds. One time as a 12-year-old or something I reposted a "MAC Vs. PC!!" jokes thing on a different webforum and was widely scorned for not knowing who Steve Jobs was. After that, I couldn't bear to think about Steve Jobs because I thought about how owned I was as a preteen.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Midjack posted:

oh yeah I知 not scoffing at the quality of the instruments, that was a good pun you laid down.

yeah all good i feel ya :)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

don't you have multiple children

a 9 and 11 year old boy
why

maybe they壇 loving love to have an electric to jam on

Jonny 290 posted:

you can get a perfectly fine guitar for like 175 dollars now. fender and gibson are dead except for the boomer market. chinese shops have made big advances in milling, it's a real CNC Music Factory over there.

lol pre emptive burn on me getting a white gibson explorer 😳

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

I have a guitar and a ukulele and a piano all sitting right in front of me and I haven't touched any of them in months because I'm lazy

I miss how easy electrics are to play, also my acoustics tuning is a bit atrocious

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

Pick posted:

I literally know almost nothing about him. I'm not even good with computers although apparently I'm much better than most these days since I still do my own builds. One time as a 12-year-old or something I reposted a "MAC Vs. PC!!" jokes thing on a different webforum and was widely scorned for not knowing who Steve Jobs was. After that, I couldn't bear to think about Steve Jobs because I thought about how owned I was as a preteen.

ligma balls

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
gibson's a super lovely company that uses lawsuits like greeks use windex

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Roosevelt posted:

ligma balls

lmao

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

echinopsis posted:

a 9 and 11 year old boy
why

maybe they壇 loving love to have an electric to jam on

no no sorry i'm not trying to give you poo poo, i was just thinking that you should jump toward something more kid-friendly like a kickass keyboard or synth

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

echinopsis posted:

I miss how easy electrics are to play, also my acoustics tuning is a bit atrocious

have you tried tuning it?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

why didnt anyone tell me about this thread u bastards`

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

no no sorry i'm not trying to give you poo poo, i was just thinking that you should jump toward something more kid-friendly like a kickass keyboard or synth

I have a mono synth sitting right there they barely touch it :qq:

fart simpson posted:

have you tried tuning it?

mate

Jonny 290 posted:

gibson's a super lovely company that uses lawsuits like greeks use windex

lame

do you recommend buying something direct
from china, asia, or hoping I can find something good and cheap in a local store?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
lol at everyone who reads the forums exclusively through the user cp including me

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Used shops are fine and good if you know what to avoid

IDK about in upside down land, but i buy all my instruments from rondomusic.net here. I had a big rear end 6 string bass from them a while back and it sounded pretty okay but it was just too loving large. my 5string jazz bass is wayyyy more manageable.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
dollarydoos

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Pick posted:

in this forum we don't use capital letters

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

haveblue posted:

lol at everyone who reads the forums exclusively through the user cp including me

Whenever I venture out in to just the normal forums list I feel like I'm wandering in the wilderness and I quickly return to one of the six threads I regularly read.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
hey where does that "yes I want coronavirus" gang tag come from

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

haveblue posted:

hey where does that "yes I want coronavirus" gang tag come from

I assume one of the coronavirus threads, I'm not sure which one.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

Used shops are fine and good if you know what to avoid

IDK about in upside down land, but i buy all my instruments from rondomusic.net here. I had a big rear end 6 string bass from them a while back and it sounded pretty okay but it was just too loving large. my 5string jazz bass is wayyyy more manageable.

choice is sparse here. hmm. the second hand market is not cheap. mother fucker. thankyou tho appreciate it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

haveblue posted:

I flip flop between that and the yos index coz other forums are weird and people care just a little bit too much

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

echinopsis posted:

choice is sparse here. hmm. the second hand market is not cheap. mother fucker. thankyou tho appreciate it

do you have a site that is an analogue to craigslist? everybody's freaking out and dumping gear cheap here

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
more like ebay but yeah you池e probably right good time to take advantage of others insecure life circumstances

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

echinopsis posted:

the govt may give us $1500 and i want to use it to buy a guitar

same except the amount and guitar

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

echinopsis posted:

I flip flop between that and the yos index coz other forums are weird and people care just a little bit too much

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Yeah, I navigate directly from ucp and just kind of organically add threads based off of their mentions in the threads I already read.

SA Forums has a rock solid system to provide me with fresh exciting content.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Stereotype posted:

One nice thing about this tremendous amount of free time is identifying which interests I知 not actually interested in. If I知 not putting any time into that ukulele now, I never will.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

tk posted:

One nice thing about this tremendous amount of free time is identifying which interests I’m not actually interested in. If I’m not putting any time into that ukulele now, I never will.

Those are called a velleity, I've found it helpful as a name to categorize things I'll never do

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
my wife got tested at work the other day so I guess I値l find out if she, and thus we, had had it

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

google maps is back down and now our github is down. my alarm didnt go off so i woke up half an hour late. and we have a release today.

i think ima go back to bed

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

PIZZA.BAT posted:

our discord had the video chat functionality rolled out and now i'm regretting throwing out my webcam years ago

also webcams are apparently sold out everywhere

A lot of headsets/microphones are also sold out.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

srs i got this but in 5 string and long scale for 250 dollers and it is by far the best value i have ever seen

the "post pics of white guys playing basses with 5 or more strings" thread in phiz was an absolute joy

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

Sagebrush posted:

in this forum we don't use capital letters

posting from mobile makes this a chore

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

if colleges start failing or having trouble this is a good opportunity for some disruption with charter colleges imho

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

TerminalRaptor posted:

posting from mobile makes this a chore

i think awful.app used to specifically turn off capitalization and spellchecking for yospos but enough people complained that they turned them on

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Agile Vector posted:

i think awful.app used to specifically turn off capitalization and spellchecking for yospos but enough people complained that they turned them on

it still does it for me

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Jonny 290 posted:

Matons are made in Oz and sound good. I work in one of the few importers in New England (BlueBusMusic). When I say "work", I sit on the couch and post.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

MrMoo posted:

Matons are made in Oz and sound good. I work in one of the few importers in New England (BlueBusMusic). When I say "work", I sit on the couch and post.

:stare:

this is loving groovy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Arcteryx Anarchist posted:

my wife got tested at work the other day so I guess I値l find out if she, and thus we, had had it

aids?

Jonny 290 posted:

:stare:

this is loving groovy

bass guitars are the drums of the guitar world