Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

The wreddit thread for this clip was hysterical. Lot of posts like “I always knew Alvarez was biased against WWE and now I have proof!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S02BHmWPZNs

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Alvarez watches like 12 hours of WWF a week. He is better than me. Stronger.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAitVEvDbb0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opM6eyjIYH0

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Dropped another Rudocast episode! We talked AEW dynamite, and reviewed a couple classic matches from listeners! Match 1 was 2 Cold Scorpio vs. Rob Van Dam from ECW Living Dangerously 1998 sent by Scott Bregante who owns West Coast Pro Wrestling here in NorCal and Match 2 was Lou Thesz vs. Buddy Rogers for the NWA World Title from 1951 in Chicago sent by Smoking Crow.

https://twitter.com/RudosPodcast/status/1253554708255395840

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Jerusalem posted:

Dave's explanation of the XFL situation on the latest WOR is loving insane.

"They fired the executives for cause because they ran the company too well and it didn't lose as much money as they were supposed to."

It’s really nuts. Like at the rate they were going it could have lasted years with Vince’s alleged initial investment.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rick posted:

It’s really nuts. Like at the rate they were going it could have lasted years with Vince’s alleged initial investment.

weren't they doing favorable numbers for the timeslot? Its obv not NFL numbers but off season football is really for the weirdos and ballfiends.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

coconono posted:

weren't they doing favorable numbers for the timeslot? Its obv not NFL numbers but off season football is really for the weirdos and ballfiends.

It wasn't too bad in all honesty if it had continued maybe they could have got the deal they were after.

Standard of play wasn't too bad i enjoyed the few games i managed to catch.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

b&v retro finale will be live on twitch lol

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Pinche Rudo posted:

Dropped another Rudocast episode! We talked AEW dynamite, and reviewed a couple classic matches from listeners! Match 1 was 2 Cold Scorpio vs. Rob Van Dam from ECW Living Dangerously 1998 sent by Scott Bregante who owns West Coast Pro Wrestling here in NorCal and Match 2 was Lou Thesz vs. Buddy Rogers for the NWA World Title from 1951 in Chicago sent by Smoking Crow.

https://twitter.com/RudosPodcast/status/1253554708255395840

the thing i like about lou thesz is that when he's on the ground doing mat wrestling he moves very quickly. when people think of old timey wrestling they think it's slow---working the same hold over and over, etc, but when thesz goes for these holds, he's moving in and going for them like it's real

Smoking Crow fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Apr 24, 2020

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

also remember that lou thesz loving hated buddy rodgers and refused to lose to him ever

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

xfl's ratings were really starting to slip and hadn't shown (m)any signs of stabilizing; their viewership halved roughly every two weeks, to the point where week 5's espn broadcast drew nxt-esque numbers (though better demos). not exactly a tv expert, but i dunno what the market for spring football tv rights would be if they fell to drawing roughly half what the average nba game draws. probably something but i don't know if it'd be what the xfl would need to be profitable.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The final Retro Raw+Nitro is going to be streamed live on Twitch according to the new WOL.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I hope that doesn't mean playing to the camera and doing visual gags because I listen to this as an audio podcast and have no desire to actually watch a video of them talking about the show. I know that's a big and popular thing in the world but it's not what I signed up for and I have no interest in it, and the shift to video has taken away from audio features I really enjoyed: particularly the song contests.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I miss the song contests too.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
old bryan and vinny shows with the delta blues/folk intros are the comfiest podcasts in history

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Low Desert Punk posted:

old bryan and vinny shows with the delta blues/folk intros are the comfiest podcasts in history

Except when they played Oh! Susanna :ohdear:

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Any Bryan content over 6-7 years old always throws me. That voice, yikes! Did he change his mic, or go to an ENT or what?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

mkay0 posted:

Any Bryan content over 6-7 years old always throws me. That voice, yikes! Did he change his mic, or go to an ENT or what?

I think the story was he was using a lovely microphone designed for AM radio use or something like that.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bryan's upgraded his stuff quite a bit since he stopped paying for like 6 ISDN lines or whatever madness that was about.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

It is super weird, because I've been to his house a few times for Super China Buffet Day and subsequent Summerslam watch, and he's definitely not using equipment to deepen his voice. His new content is what he actually sounds like.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I think the story was he was using a lovely microphone designed for AM radio use or something like that.
Yeah, it came up some time in the past year or so again, he bought whatever microphone Art Bell used for Coast to Coast and it didn't occur to him for years that a microphone designed in like the 1970s for coming through clearly on lo-fi AM radio isn't going to sound as good as a decent modern microphone, and also he is not recording an AM radio broadcast.

Thankfully he figured this out before trying to do F4W video using the same stock that Crockett wrestling was filmed on.

Ir's funny because if you watch any of his wrestling promos from 10+ years ago before his first retirement, he sounds like he does on his shows now, versus whatever sort of super nasal version from the old radio shows. I'm not sure how he never noticed this, except he's Bryan Alvarez.

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Apr 25, 2020

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

mkay0 posted:

Puberty.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

sleepwalkers posted:

xfl's ratings were really starting to slip and hadn't shown (m)any signs of stabilizing; their viewership halved roughly every two weeks, to the point where week 5's espn broadcast drew nxt-esque numbers (though better demos). not exactly a tv expert, but i dunno what the market for spring football tv rights would be if they fell to drawing roughly half what the average nba game draws. probably something but i don't know if it'd be what the xfl would need to be profitable.

I think you are correct that if ratings stayed like that they probably didn't have a market. But maybe if they would've had a nice playoff bump, and then another hot start to the season next year, that would've been a different story. A risk for sure, but the type of risk I think you make if you believe in the product, especially if you can actually afford to do it. Vince clearly didn't believe in the product.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Rick posted:

I think you are correct that if ratings stayed like that they probably didn't have a market. But maybe if they would've had a nice playoff bump, and then another hot start to the season next year, that would've been a different story. A risk for sure, but the type of risk I think you make if you believe in the product, especially if you can actually afford to do it. Vince clearly didn't believe in the product.

If I remember right the ratings took a big drop the week the NFL Combine started, like the instant there was NFL stuff to watch and talk about people stopped paying attention to XFL stuff.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The ratings were probably going to go down regardless and the NFL draft wouldn't of helped, so getting out of the league and using the Virus was very much the right call. Just the way he did it was the worst way to do it and ended up screwing everyone so typical Vince

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Bryan is sick of you linking this bootleg version of the clip and has taken action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHLbdFcd9Yo

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

MJeff posted:

Bryan is sick of you linking this bootleg version of the clip and has taken action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHLbdFcd9Yo

Kinda miss the high pitched Bryan era.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I listened to them for years before I ever saw them, and I pictured Bryan as a rotund David Cross type, and Vinny as his svelte friend.

Rule of radio voices confirmed.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
HE'S FINALLY BACK!
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1254654310429986817
(Also, what's up with Ric Flair's dadblouse?)

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

A simpler time.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
“Granny, do you know who Ronald Reagan was?”
“I don’t really care.”

Amazing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

speaking of assholes that think too much about Ronald Reagan

https://twitter.com/theScore/status/1254405620213506048

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

For one hot minute I thought the Gerry Briscoe firing was going to segue into a 15 minute recap of Montreal. Dave is a tease :smith:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I liked Filthy saying ‘Bliss Cross Applesauce’ over and over until Bryan basically snapped

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
It’s Mania time!

https://twitter.com/loadingreadyrun/status/1255254630331813891

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Seams posted:

I liked Filthy saying ‘Bliss Cross Applesauce’ over and over until Bryan basically snapped

I legitimately thought that was going to be the name of their finisher.

But importantly if drunk Bryan doesn't do a kip up while mocking Miz tonight, video is a curse.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Reminder that the final retro Nitro will be live and free on Twitch in 45 minutes https://www.twitch.tv/f4wvideo/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Benne posted:

Reminder that the final retro Nitro will be live and free on Twitch in 45 minutes https://www.twitch.tv/f4wvideo/

Just started, first time I've ever watched any of their video content.... Jesus Christ I always forget Bryan is 14-years-old.