Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
Found out Marc Emery is a terf today lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Found out Marc Emery is a terf today lol

Marc Emery is a *lot* of bad things. He isn't even a feminist. Him losing social and political power was the second greatest thing legalizing weed has done.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
my friends girlfriend used to work at one of his dispensary’s and he’s a creepy loser who’d hit on any girl 17 and over (and this was a few years ago)

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

To the goon who posts in here with the Stalin avatar and works at a grocery store in the KW area send me a pm. I'll hook you up with a six pack o beer.

Namaste.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

https://twitter.com/TorontoStar/status/1253081332881797122

quote:

Trudeau and other members of the Liberal government were adamant that while tax avoidance is a problem, this is not the time to solve it.

“At every stage of our reflection, we have remained focused on Canadians, on the workers and families who might be affected by a loss of revenue because of COVID-19,” Trudeau said in Parliament.

“We did not ask whether people work for small businesses or large corporations, for local businesses or multinationals. We did not judge Canadians on whether they work for a company considered morally acceptable or for a firm that sells tobacco or cigarettes. We are not passing any moral judgements on workers. We are simply saying that if they have lost their jobs because of COVID-19, we will help them.”

Earlier this month, Poland and Denmark announced that companies registered in countries that are listed on the EU’s black list of tax havens will be denied financial aid from the coronavirus bailout packages.

Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki said large companies wanting to benefit from the bailout fund must pay domestic tax.

“Let’s end tax havens, which are the bane of modern economies,” he said, according to a report in Business Insider.

Is this just an oversight because the libs are too busy trying to prop up the economy or is it because they have more than a few donors who need their businesses propped up even though they don't pay canadian taxes?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
ill try not and spend my 140 pallisterbux all in one place

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

half cocaine posted:

https://twitter.com/TorontoStar/status/1253081332881797122

Is this just an oversight because the libs are too busy trying to prop up the economy or is it because they have more than a few donors who need their businesses propped up even though they don't pay canadian taxes?

I mean Canada is a legal haven for mining companies and money laundering so maybe the liberals just don’t want any reciprocation

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Loves weed, hates trans people, and hits on teenagers.

Oh, so hes just an average libertarian?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
No, he's also semi-famous

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Rutibex posted:

I think you can apply for CERB if you are making less than $1000 per month now?

I fit all the requirements, but since I was fully on social security last year (IE:did not make 5000$), it seems I just deserve to get back on it (got a contract I promptly lost).

alas! can’t have too many people with money to spend in the economy, that would be bad.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

I just assumed Marc Emery would be pretty alright because he appeared in that thing with Jack Layton in like 2004 where Jack Layton said to legalize weed

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

has anyone noticed a bunch more coyotes roaming around at night in Edmonton the past week they're scaring the poo poo out of me

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

blatman posted:

has anyone noticed a bunch more coyotes roaming around at night in Edmonton the past week they're scaring the poo poo out of me

less people out, means they are more brazen. Keep in mind that they're coyotes, so they spook easily. If your worried carry a stick or whistle with you if you're going for a walk, and don't leave your pets outside.

A toddler got attacked by one recently, so its not unreasonable to be wary of them

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
They're probably out eating garbage because less people are driving around and scaring them off. Western coyotes are pretty timid so unless you're a small child you should be okay

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Fashionable Jorts posted:

A toddler got attacked by one recently, so its not unreasonable to be wary of them

good point, a lot of toddlers itt

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

infernal machines posted:

good point, a lot of toddlers itt

Coyotes can smell your post history

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

blatman posted:

lets put on hazmat suits and have a couple drinks and drive around shooting 'em, it'll be fun

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Coyotes can smell your post history

i thought it was because of running around in my own filth

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Legit though can coyotes or bears carry the rona? I'm thinking of becoming feral and joining an animal pack for some socializing

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Legit though can coyotes or bears carry the rona? I'm thinking of becoming feral and joining an animal pack for some socializing

its very unlikely that animals can carry the virus. At worst, if someone touches/coughs on it, the virus can live on the fur for a little while.

Go.

Be free.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Awòoooooo(wolf howl)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Fashionable Jorts posted:

its very unlikely that animals can carry the virus. At worst, if someone touches/coughs on it, the virus can live on the fur for a little while.

Go.

Be free.

avoid large cats though

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/natnewswatch/status/1253433371130073089?s=20

wow the hits just keep comin for alebrta

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

gently caress. i mean, are they even a province any more?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
So apparently there was a large shooting with many dead in Nova Scotia. :smith:

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Cancelled for doing racism?

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

MonsieurChoc posted:

So apparently there was a large shooting with many dead in Nova Scotia. :smith:

thank you mr. peter mansbridge for this breaking news

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Different strain, can't be transmitted to humans.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

why did the calgarian only boat down river?

all hat no paddle

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Saalkin posted:

To the goon who posts in here with the Stalin avatar and works at a grocery store in the KW area send me a pm. I'll hook you up with a six pack o beer.

Namaste.

Awww thats me, this is so nice. Also I've never gotten plat after all these years. I'll get on that and pm ya. Thanks.

In other news, work continues to blow. To everyone here, please please only go to the grocery store once a week at the most. I deal with tons of people everyday that come at least once a day, if not twice. Also if you see someone harassing employees about the rules or whatever please say something, we cannot.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

I now spend 9 hours a day outside standing in the same spot as the sun crosses the sky. The tan on my face is awful, my forehead is untanned from my toque, half my face is barely tanned from facing away from the sun, the other half is heavily tanned, and finally half my nose is burnt.

I can't wait to get a mask tan too soon. We are finally getting masks and shields in at work. Now that I'm outside and able to control people a bit more I'm letting my indoor co-workers take them first.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Michelle Rempel has already asked Trudeau for a cash injection to make it up to Calgary.

Maybe we can make it a yearly thing. Small price to pay.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

It is wrong to put temptation in the path of any nation,
For fear they should succumb and go astray;
So when you are requested to pay up or be molested,
You will find it better policy to say:—

We never pay any-one Alberta-geld,
No matter how trifling the cost;
For the end of that game is oppression and shame,
And the nation that plays it is lost!

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
it wasn't just a carnival in a parking lot it was CALGARYS carnival in a parking lot

also the introspective parade. rip

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Michelle Rempel has already asked Trudeau for a cash injection to make it up to Calgary.

Maybe we can make it a yearly thing. Small price to pay.

lol jesus christ $700 million in economic benefits my rear end

https://twitter.com/michellerempel/status/1253431447706189827?s=21

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Virtual Russian posted:

I now spend 9 hours a day outside standing in the same spot as the sun crosses the sky. The tan on my face is awful, my forehead is untanned from my toque, half my face is barely tanned from facing away from the sun, the other half is heavily tanned, and finally half my nose is burnt.

I can't wait to get a mask tan too soon. We are finally getting masks and shields in at work. Now that I'm outside and able to control people a bit more I'm letting my indoor co-workers take them first.

I'm curious what you'd think of my current grocery regimen -

I go to a store in my neighbourhood about 40 minutes before closing, when it's super dead. I've been going 2-3x per week, picking up things for a few different households if anyone in my group chat or my mom needs things. Is that reasonable or am I being a poo poo?

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

the liberals are never going to win poo poo in Alberta so why should they do anything the benefits albertans?

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

half cocaine posted:

the liberals are never going to win poo poo in Alberta so why should they do anything the benefits albertans?

yeah but if you subsidize more pipelines maybe that sexual predator Liberal former MP from downtown Calgary might win again

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

CommonShore posted:

I'm curious what you'd think of my current grocery regimen -

I go to a store in my neighbourhood about 40 minutes before closing, when it's super dead. I've been going 2-3x per week, picking up things for a few different households if anyone in my group chat or my mom needs things. Is that reasonable or am I being a poo poo?

not the guy you quoted but here's my hot take on your strategy

you're going when it's nearly empty, probably not encountering many employees because it's nearly empty and also helping other people avoid people by shopping for them at the same time, also because you're shopping near closing that means you're picking through the leftover products that might be getting replenished by the night crew anyway ensuring that the higher risk shoppers showing up at the old-person hour in the morning can get the things they're comfortable eating so they don't end up with weird poops from unexpected diet changes (the weird poops could also change how their bodies process their meds)

you're probably the best customer on the planet and if noone else appreciates your choices at least know that forum user blatman appreciates them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huhwhat
Apr 22, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/globeandmail/status/1253440904041398272?s=20

All aboard the herd immunity train, choo choo!