Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

my doctor finally got good enough at medicine to remove the lung cancer from Marky the Weedmouse. he has safely returned to his lifestyle of toking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I just had an idea. I usually get loving infestations in a big, nearby cave system that only has one entrance (directly into my base). Could I seal it up and heat it up enough that it just cooks all the bug every time the infestation occurs?

Off the top of my head, I could build a bunch of wood flooring and use an incinerator to light it, while putting an inflammable door/wall up.

I'd need to start over since I forget the mod loadout for my big base with the big cave but I get those like 3/5 new starts, so I'll be able to test it eventually. I know that burns knock out pawns and raiders just from superheated air, I imagine it also affects bugs.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

How the hell is this not all floored, this dude's about to get the Dwarf Fortress treatment if he doesn't get rid of this constant UnDiGnIfEd BeDrOoM notification

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Barons need fine floor, not regular peasant floor

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Living next to an oil derrick is the height of luxury.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

misguided rage posted:

Barons need fine floor, not regular peasant floor

:cripes: God dammit I should have figured

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005

jokes posted:

I just had an idea. I usually get loving infestations in a big, nearby cave system that only has one entrance (directly into my base). Could I seal it up and heat it up enough that it just cooks all the bug every time the infestation occurs?

Off the top of my head, I could build a bunch of wood flooring and use an incinerator to light it, while putting an inflammable door/wall up.

I'd need to start over since I forget the mod loadout for my big base with the big cave but I get those like 3/5 new starts, so I'll be able to test it eventually. I know that burns knock out pawns and raiders just from superheated air, I imagine it also affects bugs.

Sealing it up is a good idea.

I have a cave on the periphery of my base that exclusively gets my infestations. I leave it sealed off and outside of my 'home' area so that it stays filthy. I keep about 4 incendiary IED traps in there so that when the bugs pop up they catch on fire and then the cave reaches 1800F very quickly and kills them all.

I've been very lucky so far - infestations have ONLY popped up in that one cave.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Danaru posted:

How the hell is this not all floored, this dude's about to get the Dwarf Fortress treatment if he doesn't get rid of this constant UnDiGnIfEd BeDrOoM notification

Smoothed rock doesn't count for those shitheads. You have to put something over the rock so they don't have to think about the unplesant reality that their feet might touch the ground sometimes. Nevermind, I see it's carpet, the light just made it look like stone. But yeah, after a certain level they won't even accept normal carpet because it's not wasteful enough.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
All my colonists can use magic and I got lucky with a crash landing survivor who was magically special and had terrible stats who made a necromancy tome first attempt so now I have a lich. Anyway geomancers are far and away the best magic class because meteor is insane and you can upgrade it to give special metals

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

sharkbomb posted:

Sealing it up is a good idea.

I have a cave on the periphery of my base that exclusively gets my infestations. I leave it sealed off and outside of my 'home' area so that it stays filthy. I keep about 4 incendiary IED traps in there so that when the bugs pop up they catch on fire and then the cave reaches 1800F very quickly and kills them all.

I've been very lucky so far - infestations have ONLY popped up in that one cave.

It's not luck. Infestations take into account the type of wall/floor and the lighting of areas to determine where they spawn. Leaving a dark, unmodified cave like that around ensures they will always spawn there. Store some chemfuel along with the incendiary IEDs to help the process along.

Infestations are easy to game and a pain in the rear end to deal with normally. I'm strongly considering turning them off for my next run, along with Toxic Fallout.

cugel
Jan 22, 2010

Vengarr posted:

Infestations are easy to game and a pain in the rear end to deal with normally. I'm strongly considering turning them off for my next run, along with Toxic Fallout.

I've been doing this for years.

First time using Save Our Ship 2.

Afton is stuck in the ship scanning forever, the chessboard and piano taunting his poor T2 brain; the two TX4, Izzy and Tili are leaving after mining an asteroid without spacesuits.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

The man shot my husky in the brain and now he's permanently slow <:mad:> Are there ways to make a bionic murder dog?

Also, I seem to be getting very few Royal quests. I have the cities mod installed and I get a lot of assassination requests, or jail breaks, but nothing for royal favor for a very long time. Does Randy pull from the same pool for quests?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Get the pet prosthetics mod?

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

zenguitarman posted:

The man shot my husky in the brain and now he's permanently slow <:mad:> Are there ways to make a bionic murder dog?

A Dog Said. You can fix the brain scar with Glittermeds and RBSE.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Keeshhound posted:

Smoothed rock doesn't count for those shitheads. You have to put something over the rock so they don't have to think about the unplesant reality that their feet might touch the ground sometimes.

This was fixed a while ago. Smoothed stone now counts as flooring for nobles (but not fine flooring).

zenguitarman posted:

You want A Dog Said.

e: Healer Mech Serum works on animals in vanilla!

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Apr 24, 2020

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I forgot what thread I was in for a minute earlier and thought someone's dog actually got shot and was horrified for a few seconds.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
It's stupid but also slathering your pawns in smokeleaf lotion from smokeleaf industry will eventually cure scars.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

bird food bathtub posted:

Not sure what kind of animals they have on rim-worlds but apparently every last one of them is some kind of crack head. Raised a small group of velocitaptors so I could have haulers in my green house zone that wouldn't munch on the loving devilstrand or something. They were hauling psychite leaves to my drug den money making area as well for the same reason before I noticed they were getting loving blasted on flake.

i now have the mental image of dinosaurs smoking crack in my head and that's amazing

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
What kinda royalty related mods do ya'll use?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
More floors mods, so that I have more royalty-appropriate floors.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Guillotines.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i called in some imperial troopers to help me with a bug infestation i let get way out of control (10+ hives) and one of them was the literal king of the universe and he got blown up when one of my turrets got damaged and now the empire hates me

dead-rear end bitch-rear end stellarch

this was after about half the bugs had been hauled off to be processed into goo

finishing off the final nest. this nest chamber was originally a tunnel the same width as the thin tunnels next to it, the bugs expanded it out massively.

edit: Marky the Weedmouse was permanently crippled in the first wave of bug attacks (a bug bit his brain), so I have had to turn him back into a human to save him from a life of lying on a pillow and having seizures. as a reward for loyal service he will be turned into a thrumbomorph at the first opportunity.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Your bedside endtable needs to be next to the bed to have an effect

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

marky has joined the cobras in smoking doobs and listening to harp music

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

4.2.j0e: Commander Weedmouse of COBRA

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is there a mod to let you make a smokeleaf fuelled brazier and hotbox a room I wonder?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Jesus gently caress randy chill, day 1 hour 17, 2 people out of 4 got the flu

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Nalesh posted:

Jesus gently caress randy chill, day 1 hour 17, 2 people out of 4 got the flu

i started a game with someone with artery blockage (minor) and he had a heart attack and died the second he left the escape pod, then the other two people got the plague a day or so later

marky has mutated fully into a thrumboman, which for some reason has a big mouse nose? i like it cause it gives him his old identity back kinda. he is living his best life watching the megascreen TV in the throne room:

the game was actually kind to him for once (after he got lung cancer, then asthma, then bit in the brain by a bug) and his mutations developed into paragon mutations. they're all called like Thrumbo Horn (Majestic) and such.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

The Thrumbo Horn Majestic is my favorite Phish song

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

juggalo baby coffin posted:

the game was actually kind to him for once (after he got lung cancer, then asthma, then bit in the brain by a bug) and his mutations developed into paragon mutations. they're all called like Thrumbo Horn (Majestic) and such.

Started from the bottom, now he here.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Since Combat Extended dropped a couple days ago I rebuilt a modlist around what worked with it (mostly, I left in Genetic Rim which I'm assuming won't work properly for the mech units) and I can see why people enjoy it but man is it obtuse. I'm assuming that's because they're trying to make the system work as best possible with what Rimworld offers. However the biggest problem I'm having is how to figure out gun + ammo stats, is there any way to do so? Like what's the armor penetration value of a AK-47 with AP ammo versus FMJ? Can't tell if it's worth it to always run FMJ or actually keep both AP and HP ammo on hand and swap as needed.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
i stan weedmouse and his majestic horn.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Captain Monkey posted:

i stan weedmouse and his majestic horn.

not at all an emptyquote

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

So, you want to leave a path open into your base so that enemies will path through it and you can hurt them badly. I get that. What exactly do they try to path to, though? Are they looking for some specific thing or just the most valuable object they can get to or what?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The raids are there to kill your colonists so it goes after your bedrooms I think, not to steal the beds but because that's where your colonists are most likely to be.

The pathing is pretty generous. I've managed to build many stone wall boxes with only one entrance/killzone and the raiders never bust through the sides (unless sappers are coming). Well that's not true, one time they busted through a wall but I think it's because it was connected to the bedrooms.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Since you generally have bedrooms and supplies inside sealed rooms, they often path towards generators/coolers/whatever other stuff you've left ouatide.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
so like about 75% of the visitors i have are either psychopaths or pyromaniacs whats up with that? my colony is going good though i treat it mostly as a base builder so maxed the paracyte cap in the magic mod and now have a bunch of cool staves and robes and almost all of my colonists are mages of some variant. currently got a chronomage prisoner because it seems not that great for me that i wanted to waste the effort and resources on it but his stats suck if it is bad he'll end up in my animal food freezer along with all the other corpses and dark ones

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Chronomage is one of the best most broken types of mage.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Oh hey, the crops are all grown now, that's handy. Oh no, someone died, phew now time's reversed and they're alive. There's a raid? Oh wait half of them are now 300 years old and crippled. :smug:

It takes a bit of investment but they can trivialize a loooot of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

How do I make someone less hideous? I reunited one of my best soldiers with her husband and the rear end in a top hat always make her unhappy since she's "hideous" and doesn't like her. Is it because she's half cyborg? She doesn't have any ugly traits or anything. Otherwise I guess her hubby has to accidentally die in the next firefight.