Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

me when the great unsolved mystery of annie's crush comes round again itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

CJacobs posted:

me when the great unsolved mystery of annie's crush comes round again itt

This looks like it would be a good banner ad for this site that leads to one of those those "trash found on ali express" sites.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

IUG posted:

This looks like it would be a good banner ad for this site that leads to one of those those "trash found on ali express" sites.

Alternatively as a banner ad for this thread.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Poor Elgamore, he just succumbed to the common Kirk fantasy of having a conventionally attractive partner who's green. Now he has to spend all day being judged by his ex's weird prude kid who got cloned.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Filthy Haiku posted:

Poor Elgamore, he just succumbed to the common Kirk fantasy of having a conventionally attractive partner who's green. Now he has to spend all day being judged by his ex's weird prude kid who got cloned.

Sounds more like a Riker plot. Or maybe Worf.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Disappointed nobody's gone with an "Oh they've been moving some ironwood" pun yet.

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Apr 22, 2020

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Sounds more like a Riker plot. Or maybe Worf.

He's got the beard, now we just need a chair to observe how he sits.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
God this is hilarious.

:goleft:

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Ha, as predicted, the shirt is a completely different size on Eglamore.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Carrying over that huge generator just to place a floodlight at the entrance seems annoying.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It occurs to me Annies might be mad on behalf of Jones.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Entirely plausible, since Annie doesn't believe that Jones is as emotionless as she claims. She hasn't even seen how Jones displays affection to Eglamore like we have.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!
Jones is fine with it, as long as she is allowed to... observe :smugjones:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
They don't call her the wandering eye for nothing

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

These past few pages have been comedy gold.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I just realized that Eglamore actually did decide to wear that shirt out into the world

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
by the way, jones is absolutely annie's secret crush, zimmy sees jones in annie's head when shes trying to figure out what the gently caress is wrong with her (the answer was tony)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
She also was not wearing clothes

Clearly this was Tom foreshadowing Jones' clothes burning up on reentry from being launched into the upper atmosphere half a decade of real life time later.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Apr 23, 2020

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
When all you have is an enigmatic immortal observer, every problem is one that requires sending that observer into a depreciating orbit out of earths atmosphere.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Idra was just practicing by handling Jimmy's ironwood

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I went back and reread the chapter where Idra first showed up and found this: https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2204

Turns out Idra was able to find her own place to stay, and that place is Jimmy's house.

I'm also posting this just because I like it: https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2208

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

A big flaming stink posted:

by the way, jones is absolutely annie's secret crush, zimmy sees jones in annie's head when shes trying to figure out what the gently caress is wrong with her (the answer was tony)

I checked this chapter out again and this page is pretty interesting: https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1036

GunnerJ fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Apr 23, 2020

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

GunnerJ posted:

I checked this chapter out again and this page is pretty interesting: https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1036

That chapter is so loving good. And that reveal of Kat's machine god form...it's so good.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

ConfusedUs posted:

That chapter is so loving good. And that reveal of Kat's machine god form...it's so good.

Everything about Zimmy is so good

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I like that many many chapters later it's finally revealed by Tony that he did in fact get punched right in the face by Zimmy exactly as we saw it happen, specifically because Zimmy punching Tony in the face is so drat cool

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

GunnerJ posted:

I don't read it as Annie having a crush on Jones, but using her as a role model for the emotionless front she puts up (and Zimmy misinterpreting the pretty obvious imagery). Although I'm sure things could have changed in the time since then.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
That seems like a real 'gals being pals' read to me. She's explicitly mirroring the pose of the elf boy that everyone accepts Annie does/did crush one, she's naked, and reaching out for an embrace. The mask seems like a reaction to Zimmy catching her in an emotionally vulnerable position.

As a gay girl I may be biased but it would never have even occured to me not to read that scene as Annie having a crush on Jones and Kamlen both.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

I think Jones is the knowing, calm and rational person who that Annie tries to be - in order to appease her father, among other reasons I'd guess - so all these desired attributes lead to a crush on Jones.

Of course, Jones is only all these things due to aspects of her that Annie can't hope to be - namely being an immortal sort-of-magical rock lady who has been around since the year dot.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
Oh sure. Both those things can be true! Also sorry to RRR, my original comment came off pretty dismissive of his read, it's not less valid than my own.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

capitaldelendaest posted:

Oh sure. Both those things can be true! Also sorry to RRR, my original comment came off pretty dismissive of his read, it's not less valid than my own.

Actually your comments made me reconsider and I'm kinda turning my mind around. She may possibly see Jones as an emotionally "safe" partner.

I still think it's unlikely, but the way that scene was presented... It does seem strange, seeing as it was literally in Annie's head.

I certainly think it's way more likely (and way more healthy) than Jimmy Jims being the crush.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Jones is also the one originally holding the mask on that page, so there does seem to be an element of transference or imitation.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
This is also a dream where all kinds of vulnerable subconscious things pop up (see next two pages where friendship with Kat is juxtaposed with cheating off her homework). We might not even be talking about a consciously acknowledged attraction but her mind is going from "elf stud I might have dated last summer" to "nude hot immortal rock lady" so imo there's at least some attraction there even if it's not full on "Antimony <3 Jones"

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Actually your comments made me reconsider and I'm kinda turning my mind around. She may possibly see Jones as an emotionally "safe" partner.

I still think it's unlikely, but the way that scene was presented... It does seem strange, seeing as it was literally in Annie's head.

I certainly think it's way more likely (and way more healthy) than Jimmy Jims being the crush.

Physically safe too, since Annie's soul gets jacked if she ever has a kid.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Mazerunner posted:

Jones is also the one originally holding the mask on that page, so there does seem to be an element of transference or imitation.

I'm pretty sure the mask is Annie's make up.

I don't think Annie has a crush on Jones. I think Jones was naked as an ether thing. She has been naked for way longer than 99.999% of her existence after all.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

So uh, is the Court gonna experiment on Coyote juice, or try and use it to bargain with Loup.

It's both isn't it? And they're both gonna backfire.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
The tall one looks rude.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Time for the heist chapter

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Samuringa posted:

Time for the heist chapter

We had one of those! It moved at breakneck pace.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

A Sometimes Food posted:

So uh, is the Court gonna experiment on Coyote juice, or try and use it to bargain with Loup.

It's both isn't it? And they're both gonna backfire.

In a few pages:

«All our instruments, even the etheric ones, are saying this is just plain water. No, we have no idea where the colors come from.»

ymgve fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Apr 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
dye