Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
at least every coronavirus thread on SA is turning in a deranged Trump thread now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Frank Sidebottom posted:

Now do the flu

sure.

in 2018 the flu killed 34,200 americans. that's about 8 and a half 9/11s. so yeah hearing conservatives freak out about universal healthcare (which would reduce those flu deaths, and many other deaths) while happily spending trillions in response to 9/11 was still just as ridiculous

corona is spreading faster and is more deadly, the measures to fight it are extreme and the reaction of conservatives is even more extreme in kind, some of them going so far as to suggest lives should be sacrificed or saying states should be "liberated" from said measures. it only underscores where their values are. it's the same reaction only more brazen

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Apr 24, 2020

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Rectal Death Adept posted:

at least every coronavirus thread on SA is turning in a deranged Trump thread now

It's pretty hard to ignore him he's on tv every 10 minutes saying dumber and dumber poo poo

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Gianthogweed posted:

You left out the whole first part where he was talking about the UV light therapy.
https://youtu.be/33QdTOyXz3w

Now you can choose to believe that the "disinfectant" was the light therapy he was talking about the whole time. Or you could choose to believe that he was literally talking about injecting clorox bleach into your veins even though he never mentioned any of that.

How exactly do you go about “injecting” light like the president literally said? Does it work like the reagent in Re-Animator?

Thank god we have our very own Trump Whisperer to keep us from murdering our fellow americans with dangerous misinformation. :rolleyes:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
We can't reasonably conclude injecting disinfectant doesn't cure covid without a peer reviewed study with a large sample size.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Gianthogweed posted:

Did he say "THEIR rapists" implying that Mexico is sending their rapists. Or did he say "THEY'RE rapists" implying that all Mexicans are rapists? People choose what they want to hear based on their confirmation bias. But don't waste your time battling strawmen. Argue against the steelman.

Two goon meltdowns in one morning.

Inshallah, god is good.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Hogweed urgently pulling up Breitbart to see whether or not he should back the "he was talking about light therapy" or "he was just trolling" argument.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Supreme Allah posted:

It's pretty hard to ignore him he's on tv every 10 minutes saying dumber and dumber poo poo and destroying humanity

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

just a reminder for this page that the uv light therapy referenced is a scam started by a used car salesman and even if trump was talking about that the entire time (he wasnt) it would still be grossly irresponsible

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.

Gianthogweed posted:

Did he say "THEIR rapists" implying that Mexico is sending their rapists. Or did he say "THEY'RE rapists" implying that all Mexicans are rapists? People choose what they want to hear based on their confirmation bias. But don't waste your time battling strawmen. Argue against the steelman.

he actually was talking about philanthropists but accidentally said "full on rapists."

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

ruddiger posted:

How exactly do you go about “injecting” light like the president literally said? Does it work like the reagent in Re-Animator?

Thank god we have our very own Trump Whisperer to keep us from murdering our fellow americans with dangerous misinformation. :rolleyes:

I hope he does some Q decodes next.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

CarlosTheDwarf posted:

About .0015 of the NYC population has died from corona. Lets say by March 1st next year deaths have only doubled from today. So .003.

.003 x 360 Million (US population) is a bit over 1 million deaths. Granted NYC spread the virus faster but people are still arguing that this is no worse than the flu, that there are millions and millions of undetected cases out there that thrust the mortality rate down to nothing. The math in hotbeds like NYC says otherwise.

I was looking at the comparisons of Australia's numbers to other places yesterday and New York's effective reproductive rate had dropped below 1, but that isn't going to keep the numbers down unless there are measures in place to deal with local outbreaks and the second wave and beyond.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

ArmZ posted:

trump is the greatest troll of all time

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Earwicker posted:

sure.

in 2018 the flu killed 34,200 americans. that's about 8 and a half 9/11s. so yeah hearing conservatives freak out about universal healthcare (which would reduce those flu deaths, and many other deaths) while happily spending trillions in response to 9/11 was still just as ridiculous

corona is spreading faster and is more deadly, the measures to fight it are extreme and the reaction of conservatives is even more extreme in kind, some of them going so far as to suggest lives should be sacrificed or saying states should be "liberated" from said measures. it only underscores where their values are. it's the same reaction only more brazen

And it was as high as 62k in 2019 according to the CDC. Comparing this to the Korean war or 9/11 or whatever as if millions of people don't die to disease around the world every year is dumb.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

ruddiger posted:

There's two different ways they do it! They either pump the blood out of the body through a little UV machine and then back in, or they stick a one-way catheter into a vein and shine a UV light into it:

It's dumb as poo poo!!

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Frank Sidebottom posted:

And it was as high as 62k in 2019 according to the CDC. Comparing this to the Korean war or 9/11 or whatever as if millions of people don't die to disease around the world every year is dumb.

its not dumb at all, many of those deaths are entirely preventable and spending more money on healthcare and providing it for free would make it so that less people die of disease. that's literally the whole point. we spent trillions on the response to 9/11 even though one could just as easily handwave it away with "people die in terrorist attacks around the world every year", which they do - why spend so much on combatting one but fight tooth and nail against combatting the other?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/theonion/status/1242899581924446212?s=21

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Frank Sidebottom posted:

if you think this could have been prevented or mitigated to a large degree then it's not dumb imo

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Enjoy your bleach

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
A reminder that it's a shockingly dumb idea to subject your body to UV "treatment" because some people apparently missed this the first time I posted it

Everyone make sure you check the date on that Onion article :ssh:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
i don't see how ultra violent light could be harmful at all

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

enjoy your cbd

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
🤯

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi/sta...ingawful.com%2F

Lmao, going with the tried and true Puppetmaster defense

How could Trump betray Gianthogweed like this

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

at this point im honestly surprised trumps defense isnt simply "i never said that. never even said the word disinfectant. totally fake. i dont even know who that is"

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

If the choice is between dying from covid and watching the movie Ultraviolet then just kill me

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

bird with big dick posted:

Hogweed urgently pulling up Breitbart to see whether or not he should back the "he was talking about light therapy" or "he was just trolling" argument.

Actually, I just watched the "just trolling" clip and I admit I was wrong. The disinfectants weren't in reference to the light therapy like I had thought.
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1253734108448120834
Trump clarified that the disinfectant he was referring to was the type you rub on your hands, not inject into your body. The UV light therapy / blood irradiation were the intravenous injections.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Doctors injecting Trump with disinfectant only has positive outcomes.

Please don't ban me.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Its getting stupid living in the timeline where the President of the United States tells you to A) inject chlorite intravenously and B) treat yourself to a powered UV lightbulb enema.

I though that this would end with ear light-craze a couple of years ago.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

He's already falling back on the puppetmaster defense and saying he was trolling the reporters but no, please continue defending that moronic bullshit by all means

https://twitter.com/peterbakernyt/status/1253730872534224898

Trump's wit isn't anywhere near sharp enough to pull off sarcasm. This is a fallback he uses a lot like when he claimed Clinton and/or Obama founded ISIS. When his bootlicking media fellators tried to give him an out suggesting he was just saying they created the right environment for ISIS he pushed back and insisted they literally founded it. Later we learned from his that that was "sarcasm".

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Gianthogweed posted:

Actually, I just watched the "just trolling" clip and I admit I was wrong. The disinfectants weren't in reference to the light therapy like I had thought.
Trump clarified that the disinfectant he was referring to was the type you rub on your hands, not inject into your body. The UV light therapy / blood irradiation were the intravenous injections.

Angling for a job at Fox "News"?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Gianthogweed posted:

dude

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

at this point i feel like i need to apologize to the world on behalf of genesis fans i swear we arent all like that

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Gianthogweed posted:

He never talked about injecting the light, only the disinfectant.

Plus "injecting" UV gives you cancer.

Plus "injecting" UV light is dumb as poo poo holy gently caress what the hell is wrong with your goddamn brain

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Perhaps it's actually microwave radiation, better microwave my body and also microwave dinner just to be safe. No harm.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Gianthogweed posted:

everyone here but you understood what kind of disinfectant he was talking about

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Gianthogweed posted:

buddy you just doomed a whole lotta people with your dangerous misinformation smh

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

https://twitter.com/WhoseRyanStiles/status/1253532591627501570

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I look forward to all of trumps future addresses being preceded by a disclaimer of “The following address is the opinion of the speaker and in no way reflects upon the Nation of the United States of America, its subsidiaries or shareholders. This information is not intended to take the place of qualified medical advice. Viewer discretion is advised”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

He never talked about injecting the light, only the disinfectant.

Plus "injecting" UV gives you cancer.

Plus "injecting" UV light is dumb as poo poo holy gently caress what the hell is wrong with your goddamn brain

You could be right and intravenous UV light therapy could be even dumber than injecting hand disinfectant. My point was that we should be criticizing the correct argument, not the strawman of the argument.