Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
The undersea stuff is neat but except for the underwater research base from the Abyss it's a total rehash of the stuff from last time. But that hammerhead and great white!

Also that creator pirate ship looks awesome, finally pirates are back.I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol, the granny in a purple jumpsuit and neon green suitcase

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I just bought a few underwater / ocean Friends sets for my kid and I can't decide if these new ones would make a great addition or if I'm overdoing it.

The pirate ship is definitely on my wishlist though.

EDIT: Just want to see the new HP stuff now.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Apr 24, 2020

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Here's a thing...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOfKTJPVxFE
I've bought that same set from Ichiban 5+ years ago. They've done at least one other iteration since then. It's pretty delicate but I still like it. It was my first non OEM lego purchase. I do want to try to rework parts of it, especially the floor and the front wheels. Also a minifig can't sit in it, which is a bummer.

I need K's Spinner from Blade Runner 2049 to go next to it. I don't know if I could do it justice.

I wish there was somebody who was up to the task... Maybe somebody who posts in this thread... Maybe somebody with a history of terrific MOCs of vehicles from films and television... I'm not specifically calling anybody out. But maybe their user name is an organic molecule consisting of carbon, hydrogen and oxygen...

deoju fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Apr 24, 2020

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

:sigh:

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

That underwater base thing is one of the only city lego sets I've ever kinda wanted.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
That anglerfish piece is amazing.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
My kid is obsessed with sharks, so i gotta get all those sharks somehow even though I don't really want most of those sets.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I can tell that video is from the before times because Adam isn't wearing his air pods, and his finger hasn't been eaten by a lathe.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
That little pod is very guardians of the galaxy

Also lol @ single-piece skydancers helicopters

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Cojawfee posted:

I can tell that video is from the before times because Adam isn't wearing his air pods, and his finger hasn't been eaten by a lathe.

Ah, I see you’re a man of culture as well. I’ve been really enjoying his alone time in the cave. There’s something very soothing about the quiet, lack of music, and making sounds.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

That boat brings back memories of the cargo carrier from the late 80's, one of my first sets. The ballasts blew my little mind at the time.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Every Friday, my department full of programmers holds a tech talk. We watch a conference video, or someone gets up and talks about the code they're working on, or some new idea. With the 'roni running rampant, we decided to make today a show-and-tell about what you're doing to stay sane while you're locked in your house.

I moved all of the LEGO I've worked on since going into lockdown out to the living room and dining room to have a good display for how I've been keeping myself busy.

The Millennium Falcon dominated our dining table, and everything else was on the coffee table. My bit went fine, and I was glad for the opportunity to show folks what I've been working on lately. My office at work is covered in LEGO and I get a lot of drive by folks who want to see what's there.

I went to put everything back:
Most stuff goes on the office bookshelves, and the MF has been sitting on top of our printer since there's nowhere else to put the drat thing. As I set the ship down A GODDAMNED LANDING LEG FALLS OFF.

Mrs. Doctor is out, the kids are out. I'm here all alone trying to figure out how not to send this thing crashing to the floor.

I think we're okay now and I got everything structural reattached the way I can remember it going. But drat, I'm glad it never happened before when I would move it every night out to the living room to be worked on.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

God drat I love all three of the Pirate builds... will I buy the same set three times just to build them all? Hmm..

deoju posted:

Here's a thing...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOfKTJPVxFE
I've bought that same set from Ichiban 5+ years ago. They've done at least one other iteration since then. It's pretty delicate but I still like it. It was my first non OEM lego purchase. I do want to try to rework parts of it, especially the floor and the front wheels. Also a minifig can't sit in it, which is a bummer.

gently caress I want this, I'm guessing it's impossible to find now.

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003
For those interested in gluing Lego, there's LeGlue. Works like super glue but dissolves in warm water. It's like reversible Lego Kragle.

https://le-glue.com/

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Nth Doctor posted:

Every Friday, my department full of programmers holds a tech talk. We watch a conference video, or someone gets up and talks about the code they're working on, or some new idea. With the 'roni running rampant, we decided to make today a show-and-tell about what you're doing to stay sane while you're locked in your house.

I moved all of the LEGO I've worked on since going into lockdown out to the living room and dining room to have a good display for how I've been keeping myself busy.

The Millennium Falcon dominated our dining table, and everything else was on the coffee table. My bit went fine, and I was glad for the opportunity to show folks what I've been working on lately. My office at work is covered in LEGO and I get a lot of drive by folks who want to see what's there.

I went to put everything back:
Most stuff goes on the office bookshelves, and the MF has been sitting on top of our printer since there's nowhere else to put the drat thing. As I set the ship down A GODDAMNED LANDING LEG FALLS OFF.

Mrs. Doctor is out, the kids are out. I'm here all alone trying to figure out how not to send this thing crashing to the floor.

I think we're okay now and I got everything structural reattached the way I can remember it going. But drat, I'm glad it never happened before when I would move it every night out to the living room to be worked on.
I highly recommend looking up the efferman stand for the MF. The instructions are free.
Makes the ship super easy to move around since you can just grab the stand.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Groetgaffel posted:

I highly recommend looking up the efferman stand for the MF. The instructions are free.
Makes the ship super easy to move around since you can just grab the stand.

Heh, thanks. I actually have the stand's components in a Bricklink Wishlist waiting for the trigger to be pulled.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Leibherr for $345: https://www.techbargains.com/deals/lego-technic-liebherr-r-9800

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
That A-Wing looks cool, but it’s bigger than my 2018 non-UCS X-Wing, and every Star Wars fan worth their knows it’s 5 meters shorter, so it’ll make it look off.

I am officially out of shelf space in my room, so it’s all moot though.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Apr 25, 2020

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Pics of the new theme called Monkie Kid leaked.
Here's two links in case one gets taken down...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1Lyq_tu7ZM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YANy9yZmyPo

There are some neat sets in there, and some cool new pieces. But it seems so close to Ninjago, I don't get why it is a separate theme. I must be missing something.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Looks like a cross between Ninjago, Nexo Knights and Hidden Side. Obvious marketing towards the Chinese audience.

The real shame is that it has an awesome food truck, better than any other so far in terms of dimensions and interior, yet ruined by the weapons bits. They should just release that as a normal Taco truck for city. I might still get it depending on price and try my hand at making a genuine food truck out of it because the base that is there is awesome.

Also the amount of stud shooters in there are is horrendous. But well, playsets for kids.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’ve been seeing parts from those sets leak for months now and it just doesn’t appeal to me at all. It’s an even uglier version of Ninjago, only now they’ve stripped all the cool neon colors out in favor of a boring red/yellow scheme.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Is that basically a for kids LEGO version of Journey to the West? (Mostly known to us whiteys as Monkey Magic, probs)

EDIT: Yep, pretty sure it is

Pigsy's van is pretty great.

OK I kinda want a few of these

Chairchucker fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Apr 25, 2020

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
I've finished this.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/oleenanatiras/albums/72157714023381401

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Huh, and they just did a Monkey CMF.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
I agree that it seems like a blend of Ninjago, and hidden side. Not something I imagine I'll be getting. But it's got some good stuff.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
those mechs are some of the best-looking ones they've ever done

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Citizen Brick has Joe Exotic minifigs right now in case that interests anyone comes with a tiger (cat with stripes, lol)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Preview of the new Helicarrier. It is... small.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
"Small" being the euphemism of the century. Why even bother with it at that size? It doesn't look good at all.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Hopper posted:

"Small" being the euphemism of the century. Why even bother with it at that size? It doesn't look good at all.

It just makes me ponder splashing out for the Lepin version of the retired one.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Just checked some prices, looks like the bucket wheel excavator and porsche 911 gt3 I bought but never opened could net me near 700 bucks. Maybe I'll wait a bit longer.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The scale seems really messed up, with things like the quinjet looking huge compared to the helicarrier itself. And what's up with the back section?

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!
I think it looks like a nice play set for kids too poor to access the original Helicarrier. As someone who enjoys most of the Marvel movies, though, I’ve never found any of the Marvel sets even remotely interesting. It’s a shame.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
The new MODOK minifig looks worse than the old one.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

https://soundcloud.com/starfolder/starfolder-jezebel-iron-wine-cover

I need to work on my transitions to falsetto but I did pretty good I think

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001
Pulled the trigger on this, you bastard! Should be fun to use the sensors on it. I think it'll get tweaked into a gbc module some day.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Brawnfire posted:

https://soundcloud.com/starfolder/starfolder-jezebel-iron-wine-cover

I need to work on my transitions to falsetto but I did pretty good I think

The MOC feedback you'll get in this thread probably isn't what you're after...

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
That is a lot of effort to put into a wrong thread post. I have zero musical skills so all I can contribute is that the background crackling (sounds like a Vinyl record) is bit too loud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

It looks pretty big to me, by the scale of playsets. Not a patch on the collectable helicarrier of course, but it's a different market.