Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Primo av material that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

I can't say I've ever heard it referred to as 'comfort', negatively or positively.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

josh04 posted:

I can't say I've ever heard it referred to as 'comfort', negatively or positively.

You know you've got me there, good as it is and mandatory as it should be, 'comfort' does not number among its many virtues.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I know for a fact that there is a contingent of people who find the idea of climbing inside a giant urethra extremely comfortable.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

I know for a fact that there is a contingent of people who find the idea of climbing inside a giant urethra extremely comfortable.

These people must have been warped by watching that Once Upon A Time... cartoon at a tender age

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

ThomasPaine posted:

lol oh dear

e: also sorry, you weren't clear as to whether it was marx or engels so I just went with both

Yeah my bad

:banjo:A lot of this earlier work goes over my head
I probably shouldn't be reading it just before bed :banjo:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

Generally do not listen to the views of anyone writing before the past 70 years on judaism.

Very antisemitic of you to say Jews aren't people, comrade.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Marx and Engels
God and Angels

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
Saw three people getting pulled over within a 15 min drive this afternoon and with some of the poo poo I have seen I'm really not surprised they are cracking down on the worst offenders

Barely got away myself

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
It is very funny to me that a bunch of the regional police forces are enthusiastically going full totalitarian on random people driving to the woods for a walk, while the met - which I always thought had a reputation for being super heavy handed* - is just shrugging as crowds form in the middle of loving Westminster.

*Yes, I know that their heavy handedness is felt considerably more by certain demographics

ThomasPaine fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Apr 24, 2020

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Rural cops are always poo poo, because their uncle is usually the leader of the local council or head of the rotary club or some poo poo and they'll either recognise you and know whether they can get away with messing with you or not or know you aren't from around there and know for a fact you don't know anyone important to them. You don't get that in cities where anyone (given police stereotyping of minorities) might turn out to be an actual member of the bourgeois or a member of government or a visiting dignitary.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

One of my friends was on furlough, was asked to come back to work and requested asked to remain on furlough due to childcare issues - promptly received their notice. Less than 2 years with employer. I think they are poo poo out of luck unless they can come to some kind of resolution with the employer. Will be a similar story all over I imagine.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

CancerCakes posted:

One of my friends was on furlough, was asked to come back to work and requested asked to remain on furlough due to childcare issues - promptly received their notice. Less than 2 years with employer. I think they are poo poo out of luck unless they can come to some kind of resolution with the employer. Will be a similar story all over I imagine.

This seems legally iffy. They in a union?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

The hospital staff going out and mingling is just loving weird.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

on the topic of sexweirds; gently caress. they cancelled folsom berlin, kinda saw that coming, but the non-refundable airfare and hotels stings a bit.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Vitamin P posted:

The hospital staff going out and mingling is just loving weird.

Friend of mine refused to clap last night because in the past few days she's seen groups of staff in NHS uniform from the local hospital sitting around in a local park in groups in their uniforms and using exercise bars etc in the park along with other non-uniformed folk.

Don't forget, some NHS staff vote tory.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Leeds NHS sent an email out asking NHS staff to remember to stand 2 metres apart, after last week when they were all stood in a big group out front of the LGI :negative:

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
walked through a section of the cemetery that I haven't been through in a few weeks and there's a fuckload of fresh graves

like I've been walking through it for years and I don't think I've ever seen more than maybe three or four new ones together, there's now at least a couple of dozen in a row. some of it may be that a lot of people normally get buried in existing graves, i.e. semi randomly distributed, but probably not much

a few of them had flowers on but the majority were just bare earth :(

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I mean the low key thing there is you regularly walk through a grief field.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Tesseraction posted:

Doing a naked dance to summon Beelzebub just doesn't have the same impact in a car park, and the people at the bowling green were downright impolite.

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird

Pound_Coin posted:

on the topic of sexweirds; gently caress. they cancelled folsom berlin, kinda saw that coming, but the non-refundable airfare and hotels stings a bit.

Wow, I thought Folsom was just an SF thing. I knew that rich gay men flew in from everywhere to attend, didn't think they'd go so far to make an event that even uses the same name.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Doing a naked dance to summon Beelzebub just doesn't have the same impact in a car park, and the people at the bowling green were downright impolite.
You get Richard III instead.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Pound_Coin posted:

Goondolences.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Tesseraction posted:

they put the dead people in the ground so you don't have to look at them

i live pretty near by and it's a nice quiet way to walk to the park. also it has a lot wider paths than the pavements which you'd have to go on otherwise, so quite sensible atm.

there's quite a few cemeteries nearby that have footpaths through them and I'd never really think twice about going through them. there's one by my grandads house where they decided those people had been dead long enough, piled all the headstones up against a wall and turned it into a park. people's kids are just running around/dogs are making GBS threads on the unmarked graves of some 18th century peasants :spooky:

I actually think they're quite uplifting, in a "it could be worse, you could be in the ground with these poor fuckers" sort of way

also some of the headstones are p interesting. one of the ones near by has a grave where some lady buried her two husbands, so some random guys who (possibly) never knew each other were just sharing a grave for a decade

there's another one which has two parents and a list of like seven children, some of them with death dates on, some of them just waiting for them to be filled in :ghost:

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Bowlzebub :colbert:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

XMNN posted:

there's another one which has two parents and a list of like seven children, some of them with death dates on, some of them just waiting for them to be filled in :ghost:

My dad's headstone has already got my mum's name on it. She has the plot next to his reserved. I find it a bit weird.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

My dad's headstone has already got my mum's name on it. She has the plot next to his reserved. I find it a bit weird.

My mum's going in on top of my dad's coffin in the same plot

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
I redid my death instructions last month and put that I want my partner to scatter my ashes on three different beaches that held meaning for me. They were like "gently caress me Izzy I hope I go first"

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

What even is this post? There seems to be a liberal, superiority air to it, and like the framing is that walking through a "grief field" is an implied moral flaw?

Graveyards serve the sociological function of being a gentle place people can go to and help them feel connection with loved ones they've lost who were laid to rest there. In many communities they are literally the only green, calm spaces that haven't been sold off to property developers; the residents only have that because the socioeconomic tension currently favours the socio not the economic, it's not strictly rational but it seems incredibly hateful to try to deconstruct the materially valuable social element.

Please tell me what a "grief field" is and why you think it's relevant to someone walking somewhere and commenting on what they've seen.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
I also walked past a Christian science church and was curious to see their response to the current situation.

if you guessed the faith healing cult thought the answer was to "just believe in Jesus to beat corona, dummies", you win exactly nothing because, obviously

they also had a sign saying "well done" to the NHS, which I thought was a bit odd seeing as they don't believe in medicine

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
When I were a lad we used to go smoke in the graveyard near the school and it was very peaceful and you were rarely ever harassed by teachers there.

e: the dead never harassed us either.

big scary monsters fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Apr 24, 2020

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
i once hosed in a cemetery ama

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
What's your preferred shovel?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

ThomasPaine posted:

How did you grow confident enough in your online anonymity to confess to necrophilia

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

ThomasPaine posted:

Wait am I the weird one for not going to fetish metal clubs

ThomasPaine posted:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Ms Adequate posted:

How did you grow confident enough in your online anonymity to confess to necrophilia

Depends, if he's raising the dead then I'd give zero fucks as well.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
there's definitely dodgy poo poo going down in there at night, just cars going in and out in the small hours of the morning for no apparent reason. some of them might be taxis but there's definite drugs and possible dogging, I reckon

also I smelt some lads smoking weed in there the other week, which is a bit of a dick move given there's a perfectly nice park with loads of bushes to skulk around in a couple of hundred metres away. good way to get haunted by an angry ghost imho, which is the last thing anyone needs right now

there's some people who literally live in the middle of the cemetery, actually, it used to be a country house but the gardens have been repurposed

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

XMNN posted:

walked through a section of the cemetery that I haven't been through in a few weeks and there's a fuckload of fresh graves

like I've been walking through it for years and I don't think I've ever seen more than maybe three or four new ones together, there's now at least a couple of dozen in a row. some of it may be that a lot of people normally get buried in existing graves, i.e. semi randomly distributed, but probably not much

a few of them had flowers on but the majority were just bare earth :(

I come from a family of stone masons and funeral directors, Spent a few years putting grave stones up and have never seen graves like that. are you sure it was that many because that would cover a fair amount of distance.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

ThomasPaine posted:

I mean the low key thing there is you were able to get hard and wet in a grief field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

XMNN posted:

also I smelt some lads smoking weed in there the other week, which is a bit of a dick move given there's a perfectly nice park with loads of bushes to skulk around in a couple of hundred metres away. good way to get haunted by an angry ghost imho, which is the last thing anyone needs right now

Pretty necrophobic of you to assume it wasn't the skeletons and spooks chilling with weed.

big scary monsters posted:

What's your preferred shovel?

lmao