Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

LanceHunter posted:

This is also why the "show up in all black and bash the fasc" antifa folks are 1000% less effective than the "quietly observe, document, and then out fascists who show up to alt-right rallies to their communities and employers" antifa folks. The former give them the feeling of a fight and reinforce the self-image they've built up. The latter let them experience the consequences of how people actually think about then. There were a ton of the former antifa types all through 2017 and it just caused things to escalate further and further until Charlottesville happened. Then the later type of antifa folks got more active and within a year the next attempt to do a big alt-right rally (in DC in 2018) had about 12 people show up.

Absolutely. Front and center Alt right and Antifa are just a bunch of larpers who feed off each other and accomplish nothing. They are just giving eachother exactly what they want it's a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
I overpaid so I owe nothing, and got nothing as a refund. The IRS site can't handle seeing 0 in that form so it kicks out a fun new error code.

This is maybe a 5 min code fix if that? Holy poo poo.

My friend who called and actually got a person because of a ETA on payment limbo status was told by the IRS employee at first waves of payment were tied to first SS digits, then income brackets and now "she has no clue how this is being done anymore"...it's just monkeys and typewriters over at the IRS. I'm considering getting out of America when it's possible, gently caress this place.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
The IRS is like super underfunded lol.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Frank Sidebottom posted:

This is pretty misogynistic and gross

I'm gonna be honest, I read this and legitimately paused to consider if I'd indeed overstepped on that one. Then I saw the poster name.

In short:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

zer0spunk posted:

I overpaid so I owe nothing, and got nothing as a refund. The IRS site can't handle seeing 0 in that form so it kicks out a fun new error code.

My friend who called and actually got a person because of a ETA on payment limbo status was told by the IRS employee at first waves of payment were tied to first SS digits, then income brackets and now "she has no clue how this is being done anymore"...it's just monkeys and typewriters over at the IRS. I'm considering getting out of America when it's possible, gently caress this place.

:same:

That stupid checker won't even acknowledge I exist because I used turbotax and I owed $2 in taxes this year. I used my account to pay for it but since they didn't have to deposit anything I guess the IRS didn't keep that on file and now I am a ghost person. Considering I'm unemplyed now I could really use that loving money. I look forward to get a Tromp branded check in the mail in September, maybe. Or maybe they'll just forget about me who knows.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Shaocaholica posted:

Things that kill the coronavirus:

-Bleach
-Alcohol
-Fire/Heat above 100C/200F
-Radiation (UV, microwave, gamma)

Now, lets find out how to get those into a human body.

Going to eat nothing but microwaved bananas foster

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
uh oh they found another hive response they're all gonna use, watch out

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

veni veni veni posted:

:same:

That stupid checker won't even acknowledge I exist because I used turbotax and I owed $2 in taxes this year. I used my account to pay for it but since they didn't have to deposit anything I guess the IRS didn't keep that on file and now I am a ghost person. Considering I'm unemplyed now I could really use that loving money. I look forward to get a Tromp branded check in the mail in September, maybe. Or maybe they'll just forget about me who knows.

Nah, in their infinite wisdom instead of using whatever ach info you have on file for refunds or for payment, they decided to make you sign in and submit that same info again. You'd think it'd be less resource heavy to just send out something that says if this DD info has changed then submit, but that'd make sense.

So even you did have a refund coming it still wouldn't be on file. They just sucked complete rear end in handling this, not a shock. Oddly enough I've never had a single delay when they take my payment every year, maybe I'll fax over 2019 with PAYMENT STATUS NOT AVAILABLE scribbled in crayon over every page

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

zer0spunk posted:

Nah, in their infinite wisdom instead of using whatever ach info you have on file for refunds or for payment, they decided to make you sign in and submit that same info again. You'd think it'd be less resource heavy to just send out something that says if this DD info has changed then submit, but that'd make sense.

So even you did have a refund coming it still wouldn't be on file. They just sucked complete rear end in handling this, not a shock. Oddly enough I've never had a single delay when they take my payment every year, maybe I'll fax over 2019 with PAYMENT STATUS NOT AVAILABLE scribbled in crayon over every page

And people want them to run the healthcare system lmao

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

you just gotta take the lungs out, shake them out a bit, wash them, hang them to dry and pop them back in there. boom cured

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Enjoy a livestream of the protest that is currently happening in Madison,Wi!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzOuz-px_08

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

im starting to get the feeling that by the time we are more than halfway through with The poo poo most people wont even remember it started with a virus

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Frank Sidebottom posted:

When you have friends paying insane monthlies for insulin, the thing that keeps them alive...I would say anything is better than the broken as poo poo system in place now.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Harminoff posted:

"and and uh THE GOVERMNENT GETS PAID"

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

zer0spunk posted:

When you have friends paying insane monthlies for insulin, the thing that keeps them alive...I would say anything is better than the broken as poo poo system in place now.

This is literally the logic that gave us trump

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Frank Sidebottom posted:

This is literally the logic that gave us trump

Wait what? He's vehemently opposed to nationalized health care. The thing I'm advocating for.
Even personally (as someone without a preexisting) Obamacare coverage was way better than the current marketplace in terms of plans/what I was paying/co pay etc etc.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

zer0spunk posted:

If you overpaid then why didn’t you get a refund

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Frank Sidebottom posted:

It would be Trump’s ultimate troll yet!

Can’t wait for Trump to start trolling and mocking people he hates for either dying of covid or for losing loved ones from it.

He’s so good at trolling you see.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Frank Sidebottom posted:

Like this is going to pass without comment lmao

Anyone who still thinks US medical system is fine is eyeing the janitorial closet anew today

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Is it too late to say I really love Genesis and I don’t care how problematic that is?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Is it too late to say I really love Genesis and I don’t care how problematic that is?

Land of Confusion is a pretty good song.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Harminoff posted:

Can you see the virus spores in the air going into their eyes?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i also love genesis, especially early genesis, return of the giant hogweed is a great song and strong enough to remain so even in spite of its association with some shill poster

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Frank Sidebottom posted:

Capitalism and anti-government shittery are what gave us the broken as poo poo tax system you're "cleverly" making fun of. lmao

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Earwicker posted:

i also love genesis, especially early genesis, return of the giant hogweed is a great song and strong enough to remain so even in spite of its association with some shill poster

Just say the word
Just, just, just say the word

(solo stuff counts!)

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Careful he might Su-su-sudio.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Frank Sidebottom posted:

all i want is for my taxes to pay for poo poo instead of paying a private insurance company. dont be a loving idiot please

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

Mainlining disinfectant to own the libs

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
https://mobile.twitter.com/kumailn/status/1253486486663475200

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
lol at the idiots who think the “it’s sarcasm” line is anything but damage control

even if that was true (it’s not) the president should not be making sarcastic zingers about a virus killing thousands of people and how to ‘cure’ it by methods that equal suicide

you can see his tiny brain working as hard as it possibly can when he is saying it and looking off screen to the previously presenting official. he really thinks he is saying something smart about something he doesn’t know jack poo poo about. he always presents his “breakthrough” ideas in the same way:
- First say something stupid relating to science “hmm if bleach kills the virus outside the body.....maybe we can use bleach to kill it inside the body!??!?”
- Then talk about how you think it’s a good idea, very promising, but make sure you immediately backpedal so you can’t get in trouble when it turns out to be wrong “to me, this sounds promising, I’ve heard good things you know, but you never know. Could be bad, but I want it to be good, let’s hope for good”
- Finish with a self compliment about how everyone says how smart you are, especially on topics you know nothing about “they say I’ve good a good brain for these things, science you know, the scientists are still studying it, but I feel good about it”

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Apr 24, 2020

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Just look at this governor of iowa. 512 new cases today and they haven’t even approached peak. Time to start going to the farmers market with the kids and grandma.
https://www.kcrg.com/content/news/Gov-Reynolds-announces-plan-to-begin-reopening-the-state-of-Iowa-569922911.html

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

SHISHKABOB posted:

all i want is for my taxes to pay for poo poo instead of paying a private insurance company. dont be a loving idiot please

Sorry bub, not possible

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Sorry bub, not possible

the one dude who wanted this didn't get enough votes

America - hoisted by our petarddssssss

oh wait did you mean not possible for that poster to not be a loving idiot?

then agreed, carry on

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Great news, Swedish films are coming your way soon

http://nordicfilmguide.com
This site seeks to provide comprehensive and relevant information in regards to film production in Sweden and Denmark during the current COVID-19 pandemic — based on government guidelines and legislature.

Summary
These are the main consequences of COVID related requirements at this time. This is a simplification of the more comprehensive requirements set out below.
1. Production must enable the required social distancing.
This means leaner crews and planning to ensure departments can work sequentially. This will cause a small decrease in productivity. We'd estimate this at about 10%, but it will depend on the shoot in question.
2. Maximum number of people on set is limited at 50 (Sweden only)
3. For interior shoots, every person inside at any one time requires 4m2
4. MOST IMPORTANTLY - As we all know, every film shoot is different - So when it comes
to creative and what is permitted in front of camera - We all need to apply common
sense and a commitment to minimising the spread of COVID-19, in what we think we
can responsibility execute on a case by case basis. If you have specific query in
relation to this - please reach and we'll do our best to answer

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

no

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Great news, Swedish films are coming your way soon

http://nordicfilmguide.com
This site seeks to provide comprehensive and relevant information in regards to film production in Sweden and Denmark during the current COVID-19 pandemic — based on government guidelines and legislature.

Summary
These are the main consequences of COVID related requirements at this time. This is a simplification of the more comprehensive requirements set out below.
1. Production must enable the required social distancing.
This means leaner crews and planning to ensure departments can work sequentially. This will cause a small decrease in productivity. We'd estimate this at about 10%, but it will depend on the shoot in question.
2. Maximum number of people on set is limited at 50 (Sweden only)
3. For interior shoots, every person inside at any one time requires 4m2
4. MOST IMPORTANTLY - As we all know, every film shoot is different - So when it comes
to creative and what is permitted in front of camera - We all need to apply common
sense and a commitment to minimising the spread of COVID-19, in what we think we
can responsibility execute on a case by case basis. If you have specific query in
relation to this - please reach and we'll do our best to answer

this is not true whatsoever

i work in film, this made a big splash when it came out but it has nothing to do with the government/film regulating committees, it's just some lovely commercial house's personal plan that has absolutely no bearing on the country..

i don't blame you for continuing to spread it, but it's total bullshit

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

zer0spunk posted:

Ah, the Faxanadu bug

https://twitter.com/LordLicoriceDrp/status/1253545616891928577?s=20

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

zer0spunk posted:

oh wait did you mean not possible for that poster to not be a loving idiot?

Yes

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Since when was digging Genesis problematic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Noblesse Obliged posted:

ecclesiastes is my favorite and I don't care who knows either!