Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Xombie posted:

He could, yeah. I'm trying to say that Bernie doesn't become the presumptive nominee in second place. Biden's delegates so far still go to him on the first ballot, as far as I can tell. Then on the second ballot, they vote for who the hell knows.

Well, yeah. But the point is that Biden needs to be out because of his lovely behavior, Bernie picking up the nomination or not doesn't really factor. In this hell world they probably just toss it to Bloomberg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Koalas March posted:

Good news! My PUA was approved! I just certified everything and hopefully will have money by the end of next week!

Also Taylor Swift went on a "shameless greed" of the Soros family rant yesterday so I'm looking forward to all the stan antisemitism on Twitter 🙄

Awesome, congrats

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Xombie posted:

This is literally what would happen. There are no contingencies for what happens when the presumptive nominee dies, leaves, etc. Other than the other nominees un-dropping and hoping for the best, but under these circumstances they can't even really campaign. He can refuse the nomination, maybe, but what happens at that point is anyone's guess.

No it isn't
https://www.washingtonpost.com./politics/2020/03/03/what-happens-candidates-delegates-when-they-drop-out/

quote:

You’ll notice that we haven’t yet talked about the congressional district delegates representing candidates who’ve suspended their campaigns. Those delegates would go to the convention unpledged — meaning that they can vote for anyone they want on the first ballot.

If you just think about what you're saying for like, two seconds, you'd have to realize that the rules aren't written so that if someone wins the majority of delegates and then dies that the Democrats aren't forced to put a corpse on the ballot like "oh well"

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Apr 24, 2020

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery
DeWine just announced that Ohio is going to automatically send vote by mail request forms to everyone after Labor Day. You send this in to get your absentee ballot.

Before, we had to request this form by phone or physically go to the Board of Elections to fill one out.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

A guilt-ridden Biden crying that he’s a monster and just wants the madness to end as DNC officials force him onto the debate stage at gunpoint.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

VitalSigns posted:

No it isn't
https://www.washingtonpost.com./politics/2020/03/03/what-happens-candidates-delegates-when-they-drop-out/

If you just think about what you're saying for like, two seconds, you'd have to realize that the rules aren't written so that if someone wins the majority of delegates and then dies that the Democrats are forced to put a corpse on the ballot like "oh well"

I'd really, really, really like it if they had a citation for the DNC saying the delegates for suspended campaigns would be depledged.

Now, in several previous years, that's happened with the nominee alive and well because the convention decided they wanted a voice vote / unanimous-ish acclamation of the nominee to minimize shitshowness. But that was at the convention, not in June or whatever. And like I said, I agree that the convention has the avenues and willingness to blow up the rules if they're clearly stupid and would nominate a corpse / vegetable.

And Butt et al are still getting their basket of delegates selected / voted on, so even if they get depledged that's something like a voting bloc for the Other Stuff at the convention.

Raenir Salazar posted:

I imagine if Biden were to drop out or died the convention would probably do a LOT of wrangling to decide on a candidate like it's the papal selection.

Like you know, several rounds of mahjong tournaments.

What state are you in? You might still be able to run for a slot to play Ultimate Mahjong and decide the fate of the nation.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 24, 2020

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Imagine if Obama had taken the stage during the BP spill and said "Some people I know, very smart people, just the best...these people tell me they use, and this is true, they use kitty litter on oil spills in their garages. Can you believe it?! It's the best thing. so starting immediately I've ordered the Corps of Engineers to begin dumping barges of the stuff into the water to suck up the oil. Then we can scoop it up, very easy really...scoop it up and extract the oil"

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I imagine if Biden were to drop out or died the convention would probably do a LOT of wrangling to decide on a candidate like it's the papal selection.

Like you know, several rounds of mahjong tournaments.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Koalas March posted:

They invested in Big machine. Blame Scooter, fine. But also not owning masters is something almost every artist deals with. It's not like George Soros made the tracklisting himself and doing a whole rant about the "shameless greed in the time of Corona" and spouting antisemitic right wing dog whistles because you, like nearly every single artist, don't own your masters and the record company is releasing something that's available for free on YouTube is gross and transparent.

Gotcha, thank you for the explination KM!

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Koalas March posted:

Yeah that includes my backpay for all of April too! I'm paying rent and taking my cats to the vet lmao

Glad to hear it, KM, except that part about your landlord getting any money, but we live in a society and stuff.

:vince:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Koalas March posted:

Yeah that includes my backpay for all of April too! I'm paying rent and taking my cats to the vet lmao

That's great! I'm glad things worked out for you.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

SocketWrench posted:

Imagine if Obama had taken the stage during the BP spill and said "Some people I know, very smart people, just the best...these people tell me they use, and this is true, they use kitty litter on oil spills in their garages. Can you believe it?! It's the best thing. so starting immediately I've ordered the Corps of Engineers to begin dumping barges of the stuff into the water to suck up the oil. Then we can scoop it up, very easy really...scoop it up and extract the oil"

Remember Jindal’s bright idea about building sand berms to catch the oil?

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2010/12/politics-buried-science-louisiana-sand-berms-oil-commission-finds

quote:

Although Louisiana's governor, Bobby Jindal, has publicly declared success, the report, released yesterday, concludes otherwise. "From the perspective of the Commission staff, however, $220 million for a spill response measure that trapped not much more than 1,000 barrels of oil is not a compelling cost-benefit tradeoff," it says.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
's cool. i can't believe you remembered to say it.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Munkeymon posted:

Glad to hear it, KM, except that part about your landlord getting any money, but we live in a society and stuff.

Eh, whatcha gonna do?

Thanks everyone. I feel a lot better knowing I have a good lifeline.

Been watching Nashville on Hulu and doing housework.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebgfoQuJQdU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Sweet. Baby. Jesus.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1253735069925195778

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

What

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
From the Mayor of San Francisco on continued issues getting PPE

quote:

The mayor also addressed the ongoing challenge of securing vital PPE needed for city hospitals. As has been reported in other municipalities, Breed noted multiple occurrences of San Francisco’s PPE orders being diverted to other U.S. cities and other countries.

“We’ve had issues of our orders being relocated by our suppliers in China,” she explained. “For example, we had isolation gowns on their way to San Francisco and they were diverted to France. We’ve had situations when things we’ve ordered that have gone through Customs were confiscated by FEMA to be diverted to other locations. We know everyone is dealing with a serious challenge. Through customs we’ve had situations where those items have been taken and put out on the market for the highest bidder, putting cities against cities and states against states.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Coronavirus-updates-news-San-Francisco-Bay-Area-15223540.php

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

The projection is staggering. It's just massive. Any time he has a thought or questions or learns something new, he immediately sticks it to everyone around him.

"People say it's the greatest...."
"A friend I knew just learned..."
"I heard someone loved peeing on...."

Just unbelievable amounts of psychological projection. It's the most clear cut, textbook case I've ever seen in a public figure.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Jesus, and I thought it read stupidly.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
"The Emperor Has No Clothes"

"FAKE NEWS I HAVE THE YUGEST MOST LUXURIOUS CLOTHES"

--the next day--

"I MEANT TO WALK AROUND NAKED. IT WAS SARCASTIC TO SEE PEOPLE LIKE YOU REACT"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

wonder which he will go with in 20 min or so?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

*goes to lay in the victory position in a pool of bleach*

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That's not bleach dripping from my mouth, it's victory wine

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I think "THE SIMULATION IS BREAKING" and "WE LIVE IN THE WORST TIMELINE" posting is hella cringy but jesus christ the chyron "President's answer about injecting disinfectants was sarcastic" made my eyes shoot open.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

i never said it was a cure. unless.... c'mon i'm just kidding. unlesssss...

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I was being sarcastic and you are all idiots, but also it works and I was right ?????

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Zenithe posted:

I was being sarcastic and you are all idiots, but also it works and I was right ?????

And your fake news if you say either one.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1253752295910670336?s=20

why the gently caress is he still allowed to be president?

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Who the gently caress is "you" in this sentence? Is his friend a Martian?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Rolling on towards the goal of literally murdering any November advantage he has.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery
The Democrats should just buy ad space for an entire major TV event, and run parts of his worst press conferences in real time, unedited, to force people to watch them again.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Xombie posted:

The Democrats should just buy ad space for an entire major TV event, and run parts of his worst press conferences in real time, unedited, to force people to watch them again.

This is basically what that virus graph ad is. He sued over that.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Apr 24, 2020

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

Xombie posted:

While there is a grim logic in replaying all the parts where he tells his impressionable base to do things that will definitely kill them, if you simply mean for the optics of making Trump look bad, I think 2016 has shown that strategy has flaws.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

"My friend John Barron"

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

What the gently caress is in these boxes

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1253781032773574664

Trump's best twitter insults engraved on marble tablets, maybe?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Oxyclean posted:

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1253752295910670336?s=20

why the gently caress is he still allowed to be president?

Because Mitch McConnell thinks its better than removing him

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

So Trump is just joking about Coronavirus in the Taskforce Briefing. How appropriate.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

haveblue posted:

That's not bleach dripping from my mouth, it's victory wine

Bubbacub posted:

What the gently caress is in these boxes

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1253781032773574664

Trump's best twitter insults engraved on marble tablets, maybe?

Blankets.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
https://twitter.com/sabrinaeaton/status/1253795368476856327

In case you forgot in the last five minutes that Trump is the dumbest man alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Hot cocoa sampler. :kiddo: