Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Woofer posted:

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

MRC48B posted:

I can't, because he would be banned from twitter.

imo Lowtax should be given access to the President, a basement, and a cement mixer, and whatever happens, happens

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Probably getting into the NSA WIZARD has to clear off his desk territory there dude

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Trump would somehow beat up lowtax like uwe boll did

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Acebuckeye13 posted:

imo Lowtax should be given access to the President, a basement, and a cement mixer, and whatever happens, happens

they find a new way to ingest cement to cure the virus?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Probably getting into the NSA WIZARD has to clear off his desk territory there dude

Nah, the Kansas City Secret Service office has been closed down.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

It's a humorous reference to SA lore and clear hyperbole, with no way to be interpreted as incitement or a call to action :colbert:

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

he gets banned from twitter again?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Where's the resident lawyer at. We'll have to start paying him if you idiots keep this up

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Permaban Twitter

I'm down for that. It's a really trash medium for sharing information. Everything is overly nested, doesn't flow, and is frankly designed just to generate as many clicks as possible.

I am glad that SA users have pretty much stopped posting Facebook screen grabs.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
re the marine corps banning the confederate flag. i thought the last confederate flag was white?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Acebuckeye13 posted:

It's a humorous reference to SA lore and clear hyperbole, with no way to be interpreted as incitement or a call to action :colbert:

Please don’t get perma banned for an unfunny joke. They’re clearly looking to make examples of someone, and the whole “I’m not touching you” defense might not hold up, ya know? Doubly so if your directly tying Donald John Trump (Holy poo poo he has two first names like Ricky Bobby) into your joke.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
Apparently Hong Kong TV news is reporting KJU is dead. No other confirmation at this point.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

ManMythLegend posted:

Apparently Hong Kong TV news is reporting KJU is dead. No other confirmation at this point.

quote:

United States President Donald Trump earlier this week threw more cold water on news reports suggesting North Korean leader Kim Jong Un was gravely ill, calling it "fake" news.

"I think the report was incorrect," Trump said at a White House briefing, adding that he heard the reporting was based on "old documents".

"We have a good relationship with North Korea, I have a good relationship with Kim Jong Un, and I hope he's okay. And I think it was a fake report," Trump added.

The president was evasive when asked by a reporter when the last time was that he made contact with Kim.

"I don't want to say. I won't say that. We have a good relationship with North Korea, as good as you can have," he said.

quote:

"I think it was a fake report done by CNN," Mr Trump said at a daily briefing on the coronavirus pandemic, before refusing to take further questions from a journalist of the network.

That's as much verification as I need that he's actually dead.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

So, if he is dead, does it matter? Was he really in charge or is it a cabal of Generals who are really running things?

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

PeterCat posted:

So, if he is dead, does it matter? Was he really in charge or is it a cabal of Generals who are really running things?

I think the concern is that the cabal will start infighting and when that happens, things flare up in one of two ways. External agitation to show/cement power, or loss of internal control.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

If it goes full civil war would the North be able to mount an attack on the South? Could the world take advantage of the confusion and take out the nuclear program?

I realize that idea has a lot of very negative implications, but if the country collapses into fighting maybe this would be as good a time as any to end the stalemate on the peninsula?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

ManMythLegend posted:

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

loving lol. That's pretty good.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

PeterCat posted:

If it goes full civil war would the North be able to mount an attack on the South? Could the world take advantage of the confusion and take out the nuclear program?

I realize that idea has a lot of very negative implications, but if the country collapses into fighting maybe this would be as good a time as any to end the stalemate on the peninsula?

No way the north attacks the south, that's straight up suicide. More likely you get a civil war that China and/or South Korea may or may not get involved in, if there is any armed conflict.

e: also I object to the use of the phrase "as good a time as any" given that there is no good time to get involved in a war with a highly ideological and heavily fortified nation

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Your supreme leader is dead.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

PeterCat posted:

Any intervention would be to support one side over another to encourage liberalization and eventually begin reintegration. Militarily overthrowing the regime would cost South Korea and others an extraordinary amount of riches for maintaining the occupation and dragging the North out of the dark ages. East Germany was backwards and required incredible investment from the West, but that experience will likely have been several orders of magnitude easier than a hypothetical rapid reintegration of the Koreas.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The threat of NK's population trying to leave is way, way scarier to its neighbors than the nukes, doubly so in the time of COVID. China and SK will do whatever it takes to prop up anyone who can promise stability.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Apr 25, 2020

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/GrindingPoet/status/1253759688166068227?s=20

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

C.M. Kruger posted:

Your supreme leader is dead.

Lmao

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

"it was a fake report done by CNN" enrages me way more than it should at this point.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

More convincing than any media reports

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

That convinces me.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My guess from rumors and the Taiwan story: had a heart attack, surgery was hosed up, now either in vegetative state or dead and they're pulling a Death of Stalin in a panic until the truth leaks. Whatever it is, it's weird for a head of state to not make some statement indicating they're alive.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Remember. The exact same poo poo went on when he had gout surgery.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

ded posted:

Remember. The exact same poo poo went on when he had gout surgery.

This. NK is a pariah nation, and they love sowing doubt and discord on an international level. Supreme Leader isn't allowed to recuperate from something as normal as surgery because whenever he plays golf he gets two holes in one on every hole!

Wouldn't surprise me if most of the "KJU is dead" poo poo is coming from the North Koreans themselves so they can talk up how ~the world waits with bated breath~ (or some other horseshit) to hear from Supreme Leader.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
3 days later he will roll back the bolder to herald Nu Easter.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Kim Jong Undead

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It'll be a PR victory for the united korean peoples when it finds out this monster's library was full of *choking back vomit* Japanese hentai games

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I don’t get this

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

bloops posted:

I don’t get this

There's a dot in North Korea in the left picture that is not in the right, showing that there was a Steam active user in North Korea who is no longer active.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

:theroni:

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Good thread on potential instability in North Korea and how the US is poorly positioned to advance its interests:
https://twitter.com/WonkVJ/status/1253952539092901888

The complaints about feverish speculation from Western media about the nature of Kim's absence are silly and put the onus in the wrong place. It's not the fault of free media that they're working with limited information: when Kim or Putin vanish unexpectedly for a prolonged period of time without a clear explanation, it's the closed, autocratic system to blame, not those trying to make sense of it.

If Trump were to vanish from the public eye for seven days without an explanation, the media would be fully within its rights to be speculating wildly and demanding answers.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i thought north korea is famous for meth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Doc Hawkins posted:

i thought north korea is famous for meth

Weed grows everywhere in NK.