Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I've found myself thinking of skill4ltu's vernacular.

Wheeled? Ferraris
Carnananvaraveron

And as always, the rubber ducky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Le Quack.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Apr 22, 2020

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
lt 432 is russkie light

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

T67 = Stat Padder

UberFckBucket
May 3, 2013

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

So I finally have enough bonds for an EPIC purple equipment piece. Would the improved rammer for my JgPz E 100 be a good use of it? Seems like the long reload time would take better advantage of the % decrease in loading time.

I personally start with purple vents with any tank, the all round boost from vents is too valuable not to.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
They are selling the KV-220-2 and it is utterly broken, holy poo poo.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Dravs posted:

Meh, it is not as good as it used to be.

Gun sucks, it's slow as gently caress and gold can penetrate it pretty easily (especially in the area beneath the turret).

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

Decided to knock out a few of the Anniversary missions.

Motherfuckers forgot about Dre

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs
Just played a little bit and holy poo poo, m44s are a plague on tier 6.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Dravs posted:

It just inverts the normal "see big tank, shoot lower plate" mentality. You can pen the turret in a bunch of places very easily.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

celewign posted:

Just played a little bit and holy poo poo, m44s are a plague on tier 6.

Them and Hummels have made me stop grinding new tech trees.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
just had skill4ltu on my team :c00lbutt:

i played like poo poo and so did he but we won lol

Slaapaav fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Apr 22, 2020

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs
I see the kv5 is for sale... Is it good now? I'm not going to buy it but I have one rusting away in my garage.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
5 fights, 1 win. Holy poo poo these teams are loving rear end.

Edit: Ended with 50% win rate and purple stats. I did what I could :smith:

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Apr 23, 2020

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

celewign posted:

I see the kv5 is for sale... Is it good now? I'm not going to buy it but I have one rusting away in my garage.

They buffed it a lot so that it's a bully if you're in a 6-8 battle, but there are so many OP premium tier 8 tanks now that I can't recommend it.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
is there a mod to disable sound made by friendly wheeled lights? the driving sounds are really scary

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
MM is complete utter poo poo now. Might as well let all the tiers play in the same matches now. +5 arty per team.. all that bullshit.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I don't think I intentionally suicided in my last two battles, but one had a Tiger pushing me out in front of a heavy because I advocated kicking Hitler in the ball [singular]. And I couldn't be bothered to pay attention to the map in the other.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Bulky, now with 100% less suckage!

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5344550#highway-peakdantu-nashorn

Aced the Nashorn with a pretty exciting 1 v 2 at the end.

Which reminds me of another tank nickname. The Steve Nashorn

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
that showdown with the skorpion g was a bit scary. the part where he missed his shot that would have killed you because there was a building in the way :stonklol:

congrats on the ace!

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Slaapaav posted:

that showdown with the skorpion g was a bit scary. the part where he missed his shot that would have killed you because there was a building in the way :stonklol:

congrats on the ace!

Thanks. Yeah, the building exploded and I was like "oh poo poo, I'm still alive!" Thankfully I was dicking around in chat when the Skorpion appeared and by the time I finished typing my witty commentary the IKV appeared. If I had gone after the Skorp first I think I would have died based on the terrain and distances to the two.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Last night, I managed to complete my first Mercenary contract, and got the T4 Needle. I played a few rounds and it's a pretty fun tank! It feels like it has pretty reasonable speed for a Heavy, and the frontal armour was bouncing shots left and right.

The crew came with the Deadeye skill already, and another one ready to learn. Any suggestions on skills? Equipment-wise, I know Vents tend to be a good investment.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Drinking and all chat makes this game so much better than it was.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Nothing better than calling an enemy player a dumbass in allchat then having a bunch of people on the enemy team agree.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

The Zombie Guy posted:

Last night, I managed to complete my first Mercenary contract, and got the T4 Needle. I played a few rounds and it's a pretty fun tank! It feels like it has pretty reasonable speed for a Heavy, and the frontal armour was bouncing shots left and right.

The crew came with the Deadeye skill already, and another one ready to learn. Any suggestions on skills? Equipment-wise, I know Vents tend to be a good investment.
Sixth Sense + Brothers in Arms is the standard way to start any crew on console, and for good reason, so go with that. Deadeye is a really bad skill to train early as it's utility on its own is pretty low (in a very basic way it works out at roughly as you'll damage a module an extra time every 1 in 33 shots).

All the Merc tanks tend to be bouncier than you'd expect as invariably they have some kind of spaced armour.

Are you on PS4 or Xbox?

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

My first 2 star!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

My first 2 star!

Grats man. I think in all my time playing this game I never got a 3rd star on anything. I get bored too easily :smith:.

Had an awesome game in my Type 4 yesterday. Seems like when you only shoot gold and peek like you are a fat rear end TD, you can make the tank workm

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Flayer posted:

Sixth Sense + Brothers in Arms is the standard way to start any crew on console, and for good reason, so go with that. Deadeye is a really bad skill to train early as it's utility on its own is pretty low (in a very basic way it works out at roughly as you'll damage a module an extra time every 1 in 33 shots).

All the Merc tanks tend to be bouncier than you'd expect as invariably they have some kind of spaced armour.

Are you on PS4 or Xbox?

PS4.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Flayer posted:

Are you on PS4 or Xbox?

You need to have BIA on all of the crew members for it to work, so it's better to do 6th Sense and repair or 6th and camo for light tanks as a first skill. I'd only pick BIA first on arty.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

They've ruined the Cruiser line and I loving hate this.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

They've ruined the Cruiser line and I loving hate this.

The Cruisers were for clubbing baby seals and you know it.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
My US autoloader line got busted all the way back down to the Stuart from the T21, what is this bullshit WG :argh:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Vando posted:

My US autoloader line got busted all the way back down to the Stuart from the T21, what is this bullshit WG :argh:

On the bright side, the T54E1 is a much better tank now.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

McGavin posted:

The Cruisers were for clubbing baby seals and you know it.
The Cruiser II - IV were for (more skillful) clubbing, I'll concede that much.

Cruiser II has lost its gimmick so into the trash it goes. Cruiser III and Cruiser IV were absolute bastards if you got the jump on someone but still took some awareness to not end up back in the garage, and while now the Cruiser III has just been uptiered and still relatively capable at slapping pubbies to destruction (so it's not too big a deal to work around), the IV is now the Covenanter stand-in, which spells doom for the Covenanter since it's got nothing to compensate for the uptier change. I genuinely enjoyed the Covenanter and Crusader (although in the latter's case not so much when they loving changed it to a Medium for no god drat reason) precisely because they weren't Babby's Choice Club-O-Matic vehicles, but this update has hosed those two most out of the lot of them!

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Apr 25, 2020

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
crusader was the best tier 5 tank

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

This update hosed the A-20 the most. It already had a lovely gun for its tier and then it got uptiered without any improvements.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

McGavin posted:

This update hosed the A-20 the most. It already had a lovely gun for its tier and then it got uptiered without any improvements.

The A-20 being hosed over is a grand tradition of this game.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Yeah. Reminder from the old hats, the a-20 used to see minimum tier 7 back in the day because it was a scout. It was the epitome of wargaming logic made real.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

JuffoWup posted:

Yeah. Reminder from the old hats, the a-20 used to see minimum tier 7 back in the day because it was a scout. It was the epitome of wargaming logic made real.

I thought I'd blocked out having to grind that loving thing. Now I remember everything. :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Is the 1 gold = 35 free experience a decent deal this weekend?