Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

It has been often stated to be a perverse version of Ah! My Goddess, as certain concepts are held in the same light.[citation needed]

EDIT because I kept reading that article for some reason:

Later, the three Devils have moved in with Ogawa, and they will have multitudes of sex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

That one is not worthless. Project Blue Peacock was technically hilarious as well as an almost unbelievable British plot to kill tens of thousands of people.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
The song "Whistle-Stop" was sped up and used in the Hampster Dance, one of the earliest internet memes,[48] and later used at normal speed in the Super Bowl XLVIII commercial for T-Mobile.[49]

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

In Spain, sources from the period explicitly linked the Spanish flu to the cultural figure of Don Juan. The nickname for the flu, the "Naples Soldier", was adopted from Federico Romero and Guillermo Fernández Shaw's 1916 operetta, The Song of Forgetting (La canción del olvido). The protagonist of the operetta was a stock Don Juan type. Federico Romero, one of the librettists, quipped that the play's most popular musical number, Naples Soldier, was as catchy as the flu. Davis argued the Spanish flu–Don Juan connection allowed Spaniards to make sense of their epidemic experience by interpreting it through their familiar Don Juan story.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
In July 2019, Cranston donated to the Congressional Election Campaign of Valerie Plame for New Mexico's 3rd congressional district.[70][71][71]

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Midnight includes a mixture of two classic plots- the great 50's film Invasion of the Body Snatchers and the classic H.G. Wells tale, The Island of Dr. Moreau. And, indeed, Koontz cleverly mentions both of these later in the novel.[2]

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
Nevertheless, in modern computer systems using Unicode, the umlaut and diaeresis diacritics are identically encoded, e.g. U+00E4 ä LATIN SMALL LETTER A WITH DIAERESIS (HTML ä · ä) represents both a-umlaut and a-diaeresis (much like the hyphen-minus code point represents both a hyphen and often a minus sign).

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

Nevertheless, in modern computer systems using Unicode, the umlaut and diaeresis diacritics are identically encoded, e.g. U+00E4 ä LATIN SMALL LETTER A WITH DIAERESIS (HTML ä · ä) represents both a-umlaut and a-diaeresis (much like the hyphen-minus code point represents both a hyphen and often a minus sign).

They should all just use proper latin characters, none of this slant-up and slant-down and dots over letters poo poo.

Oh, don't laugh Cyrillic: you're loving next, m80.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Midnight includes a mixture of two classic plots- the great 50's film Invasion of the Body Snatchers and the classic H.G. Wells tale, The Island of Dr. Moreau. And, indeed, Koontz cleverly mentions both of these later in the novel.[2]

wow thats extremely clever :wth:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

pro tip: use mufi or similar if you want more chars than unicode can handle, theres fonts for everything

http://bora.uib.no/bitstream/handle/1956/10699/MUFI-CodeChart-4-0.pdf?sequence=4&isAllowed=y
(section B @ pp. 84–181 is the private use extensions)

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Early settlement

The town of Hill Valley is depicted as having been first settled in 1850 and incorporated in 1865. By the 1880s, it was connected by railroad to San Francisco. Construction of a new county courthouse was well underway in 1885, the setting of Back to the Future Part III, in which a new clock was dedicated for the building. The Shonash Ravine Bridge was completed in the summer of 1886, around the same time the ravine was renamed Clayton Ravine in memory of Clara Clayton, a school teacher who died from falling into the chasm. However, in a revised timeline where Doc Brown saved Clara's life, the town renamed it Eastwood Ravine after Marty McFly's persona when it is believed that "Eastwood" fell into the ravine while trying to stop some train hijackers (who are really Marty and Doc).

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

goddamn colonialist white people insisting on unifying characters just because they all look the same to them

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Soricidus posted:

goddamn colonialist white people insisting on unifying characters just because they all look the same to them

han unification was indeed culturally tone-deaf, but this decision too is from back in those days where that kind of thing was part of the effort.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

From this version, the project has also been moved to SourceForge for better maintenance.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
History [edit]

The original town was called Eagle Springs by the Tonkawa Native Americans and as early as 1858. After the American Civil War, more settlers began moving in the area, and in 1880 they applied for a post office as Eagle Flat. However, the U.S. Post Office rejected the name, saying too many Texas towns were already called Eagle something.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
The gene has been linked to a condition known as holoprosencephaly, which can result in severe brain, skull and facial defects, causing clinicians and scientists to criticize the name on the grounds of it sounding too frivolous. It has been noted that mention of a mutation in a sonic hedgehog gene might not be well received in a discussion of a serious disorder with a patient or their family.[13][83][84]

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
To qualify as power walking as opposed to jogging or running, at least one foot must be in contact with the ground at all times (see walking for a formal definition).

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

The male, when breeding, vocalizes a loud and rhythmic "oooéé-cu-cloooéé-cu-cloooéé-cu-cluuéé" whistling song. A "áááh-oo" wail can also be heard, and a growling or croaking "knarr-knor"

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Used in the films Rise of the Guardians (2012) and Puss in Boots (2011).

It is supported by Blender since version 2.77a released on April 6, 2016.

It has Python support.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
The F-14 Tomcat is the primary focus of the 1987 Williams pinball machine "F-14 Tomcat".[349]

:hmmyes:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Other languages, for example French, Spanish, Italian and Arabic, make similar or even more detailed, distinctions among sheep meats by age and sometimes by sex and diet, though these languages do not always use different words to refer to the animal and its meat

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

The gene has been linked to a condition known as holoprosencephaly, which can result in severe brain, skull and facial defects, causing clinicians and scientists to criticize the name on the grounds of it sounding too frivolous. It has been noted that mention of a mutation in a sonic hedgehog gene might not be well received in a discussion of a serious disorder with a patient or their family.[13][83][84]

fruit fly guys ruined gene naming for everyone lol

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

https://twitter.com/samuelsaulsbury/status/1255330546923831297

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Love the soap, though!

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

lol

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

As of 2016, Kraft describes Cheez Whiz as a "cheese dip" with the word cheese spelled correctly.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

overmind2000 posted:

As of 2016, Kraft describes Cheez Whiz as a "cheese dip" with the word cheese spelled correctly.

kibo's decades-long boycott finally bears fruit!

(usenet proto-shitposter kibo claimed he would boycott cheez-wiz until they spelled it right on the grounds that making non-poisonous food was harder than spelling)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

goddamnedtwisto posted:

kibo's decades-long boycott finally bears fruit!

(usenet proto-shitposter kibo claimed he would boycott cheez-wiz until they spelled it right on the grounds that making non-poisonous food was harder than spelling)

http://archive.birdhouse.org/etc/kibosig.txt

slack needs to introduce signatures, so i can blast people with garbage at the end of all my comments

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

prefect posted:

http://archive.birdhouse.org/etc/kibosig.txt

slack needs to introduce signatures, so i can blast people with garbage at the end of all my comments

i can't find the warrior .sig, which was almost a megabyte - it was long enough it got discarded as a binary by dejanews (and hence never made it into google groups).

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

prefect posted:

I printed my whole resume in 36pt Chicago Bold Shadow!

:same:

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

In some episodes of the fourth and fifth series, Thomas is incorrectly portrayed with Edward's whistle.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Sweevo posted:

In some episodes of the fourth and fifth series, Thomas is incorrectly portrayed with Edward's whistle.

Not worthless.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

#teamwhistle

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ropes_mussolini.jpg also misleading

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Agile Vector posted:

ropes_mussolini.jpg also misleading

:f5h::eyepop::fh:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

bronner's story is absolutely heartbreaking because of that bit where he fled nazi europe and his parents didn't, and the last communication he had with them was a postcard from his dad that said "You were right."

:smith:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Jonny 290 posted:

bronner's story is absolutely heartbreaking because of that bit where he fled nazi europe and his parents didn't, and the last communication he had with them was a postcard from his dad that said "You were right."

:smith:

gently caress, thats dark

and a very dad-type message to send

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Themes

There are a number of different themes found in various Blue Man performances. These themes include:[7]

• Science and technology, especially the topics of plumbing, fractals, human sight, DNA, and the Internet.
  • Information overload and information pollution, such as when the audience is asked to choose one of three simultaneous streams of information to read.
  • The Outsider. Blue Men always appear as a group of three. This is because[7] not only are Blue Men viewed as outsiders to the rest of the world, but three is the smallest group possible when endeavoring to create a community. Many of the Blue Man skits involve one of the three Blue Men performing in a manner inconsistent with the other two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i was told that being nevernude was a huge theme of bluesman groups

wtf am i gonna do now