Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Question for any goons out there:

I’ve seen pictures of some people who have some kind of neat coconut palm tree and I have a request.

Because if covid, my GFs music festival got cancelled, and it’s her only time a year she gets to see her old friends.

So For her birthday in a few weeks I’m trying recreate the atmosphere of the festival on my island, and have her and all her friends visit.

The theme of the festival is lighting up the woods, so those neon palm trees would be the perfect accent.

If anyone knows the recipie I’d happily bring all the supplies to make a few plus some bells for your trouble.

Anyone able to help a goon out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

I’ve seen pictures of some people who have some kind of neat coconut palm tree and I have a request.

Because if covid, my GFs music festival got cancelled, and it’s her only time a year she gets to see her old friends.

So For her birthday in a few weeks I’m trying recreate the atmosphere of the festival on my island, and have her and all her friends visit.

The theme of the festival is lighting up the woods, so those neon palm trees would be the perfect accent.

If anyone knows the recipie I’d happily bring all the supplies to make a few plus some bells for your trouble.

is it Electric Forest

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Due to previous goonerosity, I've got the Palm Tree Lamp recipe. Check the spreadsheet for my friend code if you're interested! They're 4 coconuts, 4 clay, and 4 wood each.

Additionally, I've got each color of the floor lights and a few instruments too. I'm sure the forums can put together a mighty fine music festival for your GIRLFRIEND.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

DarkLich posted:

Due to previous goonerosity, I've got the Palm Tree Lamp recipe. Check the spreadsheet for my friend code if you're interested! They're 4 coconuts, 4 clay, and 4 wood each.

Additionally, I've got each color of the floor lights and a few instruments too. I'm sure the forums can put together a mighty fine music festival for your GIRLFRIEND.

You're so incredible, thank you! I've got plenty of floor lights, but I'll happily catalog any instruments you're willing to let me touch. Just sent you a floor request Thank you so much goon!

Johnny Truant posted:

is it Electric Forest

That's the one. I don't know if it's been officially cancelled yet, but both us and her friends all are not attending due to health concerns obviously, but she's pretty bummed as it's usually her only chance to see them.

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

Wait, so it's actually possible to sell villagers for real money? Cuz I've got a Raymond in my village and I'd sure love to turn that into something I can pay my bills with.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

Quincytbb posted:

Alright I spaced and forgot to unload my turnips for the week, does anyone have a decent price for today? Tommy's only buying them for 22 bells here.

They're 48 on mine. You can come and sell if you want, but surely someone else must have a better price than this.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Any goons have a drum kit and synthesizers/keyboards either for sale on their island or available that I can catalog for a tip? I'm trying to set up a little music venue on the island.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffle! posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/twilightonion/status/1253759147843043328

The Statue of David is presented authentically, and the internet is having fun with it.

Never expected my first uncensored dong in gaming would be from Animal Crossing.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

Inzombiac posted:

Edit: Closed.

Turnip prices are around 160.
Tex is offering GOLD HELMET recipes.
Able's has Skull Hoods for sale.

I might be AFK so leave your offerings at my feet ;)

Thanks a ton!

Prowler
May 24, 2004

New Leaf posted:

Any goons have a drum kit and synthesizers/keyboards either for sale on their island or available that I can catalog for a tip? I'm trying to set up a little music venue on the island.

Hi.

I have both that you can catalog without a tip. Just bring any extra diys for my giveaway section.

DODO Code: 23677 - Nisolation

What is your in-game name?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Can multiple people buy the same art from Redd? I bought one and it didn't disappear or put up a sign.

Also, apparently you can only buy once a day across all islands. Friend A bought from Friend B's island, then came to visit me but couldn't buy again.

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

Oxyclean posted:

Can multiple people buy the same art from Redd? I bought one and it didn't disappear or put up a sign.

Also, apparently you can only buy once a day across all islands. Friend A bought from Friend B's island, then came to visit me but couldn't buy again.
No, he gives a message about being “about to box it up, but you can have a look”

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Peanut Butter posted:

Al is one of my favourite villagers. He's an awkward green idiot who looks like he smells but he's super friendly. He doesn't wear trousers but like, nobody does, right?

The difference: Al is seriously thicc.

https://twitter.com/runchild_switch/status/1248072001396199424?s=21

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
I just realized KK is naked. He's not even Donald Ducking it.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

kid sinister posted:

he is freer than any of us could ever be

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

what song is everyone getting from kk today

im divided between comrade and kk rider

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

kid sinister posted:

I think some villagers even comment on it.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

that nookazon thing sounds just as cursed as the whole "ENTRY: 1000 nmt / 50 gold nuggets / 500 000 bells" poo poo that's going on, and can't possibly be legal?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Prowler posted:

Hi.

I have both that you can catalog without a tip. Just bring any extra diys for my giveaway section.

Hey thanks, just saw this! I'm Tyler, see you soon!

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The fake version of the scary painting doesn't have the dude making the finger guns anymore.

And there are TWO fake versions of it and neither one does the finger guns.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Never expected my first uncensored dong in gaming would be from Animal Crossing.

You may have been playing the right (or wrong) games, depending on who you ask. Mine was Dante's Inferno. Satan's packing heat!

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

That's so sweet! I have the DIY and I won't mind sending you a few palm tree lights or you can come over and I can craft it for you. I think I need to visit your island or vice versa to friend you though.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Prowler posted:

Hi.

Thanks again man! Awesome island. Super jealous.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I just got DJ K.K. then I put it into youtube and apparently in the Japanese version it's just called Eurobeat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlrDS22ZyUk

Maybe i'll have to load this into my 90's jdm shitboxes headunit and drive down the country lanes at 3am to it.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Idia posted:

That's so sweet! I have the DIY and I won't mind sending you a few palm tree lights or you can come over and I can craft it for you. I think I need to visit your island or vice versa to friend you though.

Thanks, just sent you a pm with my Info

quote="DarkLich" post="504388042"]

[/quote]

Thank you so much! You are a HUGE help!

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

THREE OF OUR VILLAGERS WERE SINGING TOGETHER

https://twitter.com/jaidroxide/status/1254122174190764032?s=19

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Hey goons, Megan is in boxes today! She's one of the new villagers without an amiibo, so come grab her if you want her! e: bear has been claimed

DGHLF

Alternatively, just stop by if you're bored and wanna look at another person's island

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 25, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:lmao: I usually leave that one playing in the plaza and it sure seems like it starts up singalongs more than anything else :ussr:

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Has anyone got decent turnip prices? My Timmy is only buying for 35 bells. :/

I don’t have many to offload, as I’m just getting started on the stalk market. Still would rather at least get my money back for them.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I'm fine with all my villagers, but I really still want a cat villager, so I could afford to get rid of one that doesn't stand out much. Is there a guide to how to get rid of somebody?

Edit: also, is it ok to visit the item dump island just to catalog even if I don't have much to bring? I only went on the first day that it was open weeks ago now I'd like to go check it out but I don't want to be in bad form. I'm looking for more fishing boat flags and some odds and ends just so I can furnish my home better.

Mr Confetti
Feb 1, 2013
I used to hate Spike because he’s an ugly boy but I caught him watering my tulips and now he’s okay with me

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I keep noticing this map every time I go through the airport

In the top left, there's like another mini-island. I initially though it was maybe just like, another island, but it's not nearly wide enough.

It's probably nothing, but it keeps bugging me and I can't help but wonder if it's gonna be a thing later.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Oxyclean posted:

I keep noticing this map every time I go through the airport

In the top left, there's like another mini-island. I initially though it was maybe just like, another island, but it's not nearly wide enough.

It's probably nothing, but it keeps bugging me and I can't help but wonder if it's gonna be a thing later.

I like the map, but never looked at it closely. I know you can see stuff in the distance from your north shore, is there a larger chunk of land visible out there?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

I like the map, but never looked at it closely. I know you can see stuff in the distance from your north shore, is there a larger chunk of land visible out there?

I don't think so - everything is pretty far off in the distance and that map would suggest it to be considerably closer.

If I had to make mostly unfounded speculation, I'd like to think if they add diving you might be allowed to swim around your island and have another little island back there that you can swim to similar to the remote island from previous games.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

I see something that looks like a nearby island to the northwest. I just assumed it represented a mystery island.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

im just posting to say i love my town and my dumb animal friends ok bye

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

New Leaf posted:

I bought Cherry on Ebay earlier this week for $20, just FYI.. Just have to keep an eye on things.

I mean, sure there can be deals if you're willing to hunt; those were just the best prices I could find that night. But the point I was making is that if you want almost any of the more "popular" villagers it's going to be much much cheaper to make your own, even if you have to buy a second phone to do so. And I'd rather do that then pay someone for the "privilege" of letting me invite the animal from their island.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Captain Hygiene posted:

There's a New Horizons episode of Boundary Break. I haven't watched it yet.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Brother Entropy posted:

what song is everyone getting from kk today

im divided between comrade and kk rider

I have a spreadsheet with all the K K songs I am missing, so it will be whatever is next on the list (currently Hypno K.K.). I'd also advocate for going for Animal City, Drivin', or Farewell since they can only be gotten via request.

Oxyclean posted:

Sadly once the piece is sold it's gone for that day (though you can still look). Always pick through the art first before you open your island if you don't want to miss out on something cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

I'm opening up my island for anyone who feels like stopping by. Nothing monumentally noteworthy except Able sisters are selling a gimp mask, frog masks, and a kappa hat, plus cheerleader outfit et al. Marina is at the campsite (via homemade amiibo, one more visit til she moves in). She is a sweetheart and you can say hi to her. Kk slider is here too jammin'.

Island is in the middle of a massive reconstruction and relocation project, as I realized I didn't have enough room with the villager houses, so everything is a huge mess! Feel free to come by and fish, catch bugs, buy stuff, whatever. Grab apples if you like. I'll be semi-afk idling in my new WIP cafe.

There was a cutting board diy in the free stuff area, but only the one. Angus is teaching a fruit wreath.

I could really use an iron wood dresser DIY if anyone has one, otherwise I'll pay in mats for one to be made. Want my stupid ironwood kitchenette. Thanks!!

Dodo code is Closed sorry

Edit: closing, thanks to those who came!

ssb fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Apr 25, 2020