Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

just now I was trying to find the article about how smoking might actually protect you from coronavirus, and the google search was an even split of "smoking good!" and "smoking bad!" stories from the last few days both vaguely citing ongoing science and quoting some doctor

apparently they're rationing cigarettes in france to keep them from going the way of the tp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Ah gently caress I think I'm getting sick. RIP me.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Weaponized Autism posted:

Ah gently caress I think I'm getting sick. RIP me.

:( I hope not

naem
May 29, 2011

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Hope its full of poop for when it gets stomped

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

Supreme Allah posted:

Hope its full of poop for when it gets stomped

You mean full of covid-19 mist.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

VikingSkull posted:

it would be nice if anyone directed a question at me like "do you think Trump handled this well" so I could say no he didn't and we could move on with our lives

but none of you are actually interested in that you just want an enemy to direct anger at

I directed a question at you, you quoted me, and then completely evaded the question.

You’re completely full of poo poo and you’re as dumb as trump.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Goreld posted:

You mean full of covid-19 mist.

can't it be both?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

it would be nice if anyone directed a question at me like "do you think Trump handled this well" so I could say no he didn't and we could move on with our lives

but none of you are actually interested in that you just want an enemy to direct anger at

do you think Trump handled this well

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

VikingSkull posted:

Joe Biden wouldn't have stopped flights from China at all, he said that publicly, and he's the opponent Trump is facing

he literally would have handled this worse than Trump which is both true and beyond belief

It’s funny how trump lovers notion of possible reactions to the pandemic begins and ends with ineffectually blocked flights from China.

It’s not hard to see why they pretend that’s all Trump could do though, because that’s all Trump did. Then he spent the next 6 weeks lying and minimizing.

No ramping up testing ability. No ramping up PPE production or procurement. No federal coordination of anything. Just trump lying and golfing and rallying and saying “not my responsibility” and “this isn’t my job it’s the governors.”

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

It’s funny how trump lovers notion of possible reactions to the pandemic begins and ends with ineffectually blocked flights from China.

It’s not hard to see why they pretend that’s all Trump could do though, because that’s all Trump did. Then he spent the next 6 weeks lying and minimizing.

No ramping up testing ability. No ramping up PPE production or procurement. No federal coordination of anything. Just trump lying and golfing and rallying and saying “not my responsibility” and “this isn’t my job it’s the governors.”

Well we did get those stories about the federal government stealing ppe from the states only to sell/give I'm not so sure it to a dubious company so that they in turn could sell it back to the states.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

At the very least, Joe Biden wouldn’t loving tweet out #LIBERATE MICHIGAN during a goddamn pandemic.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

ruddiger posted:

At the very least, Joe Biden wouldn’t loving tweet out #LIBERATE MICHIGAN during a goddamn pandemic.

I'm sure he was just promoting Liberté yogurt.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Chlorine bleach can be used for pretty much anything, I think at like household concentrations we would add a liter per 100 tons of drinking water if we were out of our own distilled water.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ruddiger posted:

well yeah his dementia is much more advanced than trump's he couldnt think of the words

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Trumps D of Energy pick can’t remember the name of the DoE, but is sure it shouldn’t exist.

Trumps D of Education head hates public education.

Trumps EPA head is a coal lobbyist.

Does anyone with more than two brain cells think this sort of thing isn’t pervasive and doesn’t also apply to everything HHS/CDC/pandemic related?

cwinkle
Mar 7, 2008

Tallgeese posted:

I heard Krystal is delicious, is it true?

It's hit or miss, really. For me it's the nostalgia factor. When I first got my drivers license Krystal drive-thru was probably the first place I drove myself. The food is not good. It is different. If you ever got drunk at the University of Tennessee and found yourself on the Cumberland Strip it was a bright shining beacon at 2am. I don't know if they were open 24/7 but they were open late. One time I drunkenly stumbled off a sidewalk with a bag of Krystals and injured my Achilles tendon. Never went to the doctor and that injury stayed with me for many years.

Krystals are small square hamburgers served on a steamed square bun. They are topped with a pickle, mustard, and those tiny onions you get on a regular McDonald's hamburger or they put in those soup envelopes. Their french fries are nothing special; thicker than McDonald's. I would compare them to Wendy's but at some point I think Wendy's was leaving skin on their fries. Krystal didn't do that. I can't really tell you I don't eat a lot of fast food anymore and every other brand but McD's was changing their fries constantly. I would eat fast food but where I live the government promotes a "walking community" so restaurants are forbidden from having a parking lot. Since I have lived here I have seen Taco Bell, Wendy's, KFC, Subway, Quiznos, Boston Market and Dunkin Donuts close. Granted Dunkin has opened a shop that also sells ice cream a block or so from the Cheesecake Factory. But imagine that: individuals who probably paid $250,000+ for a franchise just shutting a place down because cars are bad.

Anyway, back to Krystal. You will know on the first bite if it is going to be a good or bad experience. If that bun is at all crusty then the food is poo poo. Whoever is working there at that time does not care. The bread should just kind of blend in with the tiny bit of meat. The dominate experience should be the cheese and pickle. I forgot to mention you should always get the cheese Krystal. I think it costs 10 cents more. If you are a betting man go for Double Cheese Krystals. The up/down side is linear.

I looked it up. I passed that stone at the Krystal off the I-75 exit to Lenoir City, Tennessee. I never knew I had a kidney/bladder stone. I honestly thought I had a hernia. I didn't have health insurance at the time just coming off a 6 month vacation and had been researching how much a hernia operation would cost. I was traveling to Chattanooga to interview for my next job when the stone started to move through my urethra. I considered waving down the next police I saw and ask them to bring me to the hospital, but that Lenoir City exit came first with that Krystal restaurant.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Krystal loving owns

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

cwinkle posted:

It's hit or miss, really. For me it's the nostalgia factor. When I first got my drivers license Krystal drive-thru was probably the first place I drove myself. The food is not good. It is different. If you ever got drunk at the University of Tennessee and found yourself on the Cumberland Strip it was a bright shining beacon at 2am. I don't know if they were open 24/7 but they were open late. One time I drunkenly stumbled off a sidewalk with a bag of Krystals and injured my Achilles tendon. Never went to the doctor and that injury stayed with me for many years.

Krystals are small square hamburgers served on a steamed square bun. They are topped with a pickle, mustard, and those tiny onions you get on a regular McDonald's hamburger or they put in those soup envelopes. Their french fries are nothing special; thicker than McDonald's. I would compare them to Wendy's but at some point I think Wendy's was leaving skin on their fries. Krystal didn't do that. I can't really tell you I don't eat a lot of fast food anymore and every other brand but McD's was changing their fries constantly. I would eat fast food but where I live the government promotes a "walking community" so restaurants are forbidden from having a parking lot. Since I have lived here I have seen Taco Bell, Wendy's, KFC, Subway, Quiznos, Boston Market and Dunkin Donuts close. Granted Dunkin has opened a shop that also sells ice cream a block or so from the Cheesecake Factory. But imagine that: individuals who probably paid $250,000+ for a franchise just shutting a place down because cars are bad.

Anyway, back to Krystal. You will know on the first bite if it is going to be a good or bad experience. If that bun is at all crusty then the food is poo poo. Whoever is working there at that time does not care. The bread should just kind of blend in with the tiny bit of meat. The dominate experience should be the cheese and pickle. I forgot to mention you should always get the cheese Krystal. I think it costs 10 cents more. If you are a betting man go for Double Cheese Krystals. The up/down side is linear.

I looked it up. I passed that stone at the Krystal off the I-75 exit to Lenoir City, Tennessee. I never knew I had a kidney/bladder stone. I honestly thought I had a hernia. I didn't have health insurance at the time just coming off a 6 month vacation and had been researching how much a hernia operation would cost. I was traveling to Chattanooga to interview for my next job when the stone started to move through my urethra. I considered waving down the next police I saw and ask them to bring me to the hospital, but that Lenoir City exit came first with that Krystal restaurant.
I went to UT and I always got McDonalds. Maybe I should've tried Krystal but I have never liked it.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I've never been to a Krystal.

White Castle vs Krystal: which will eradicate Covid first?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

cwinkle posted:

Please relate this to covid 19 pandemic.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Burt Sexual posted:

You can buy krystal burgers in the freezer section of a grocery store they're called whitecastle burgers and you can relive your glory days in the comfort of your own home which you've been ordered to stay in due to the covid 19 pandemic. Thank you!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Krystal Burger is like a half-step down from White Castle but once youve already dug to the mouth of hell whats one more shovel full of dirt?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

cwinkle posted:

Sir this is a Wawa

cwinkle
Mar 7, 2008

Burt Sexual posted:

Sorry. Was responding to the whole ingest yourself with cleaning products thing originally. I have zero professional information whether my drinking bleach resulted in my health issues, but I have always suspected that drinking bleach gave me the kidney/bladder stone. They say that if the poo poo really hits the fan keep bleach around if your water source is suspect. I am alive to tell you that two drops of Clorox (the basic kind not if they add flavor or smell) maybe gave me kidney problems but 9 years later I am still here.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Sir Not Appearing posted:

white castle is the carl's jr to krystal's hardee's

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Sir Not Appearing posted:

Each member of either side will lose their minds at this. But they are the exact same thing. Literally Identical.

The only difference is the rest of the menu.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

ruddiger posted:

He'd probable start rambling on about his first paper route as a kid, or the time he and his friends tried to track down One-Eyed Willy's treasure.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Blistex posted:

He'd probable start rambling on about his first paper route as a kid, or the time he and his friends tried to track down One-Eyed Willy's treasure.

He’d probably talk about his dead son, but that’s not as fun to make fun of as dementia.

TenTonHammer
Oct 3, 2003
Davidian

:dukedog:

cwinkle posted:

Having been to that Krystals a few times in the past, I'm sure that's the least horrific thing that can happen there.

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Krystal loving owns

WTF dude, I didn't know you were on here too. You still go to OCRemix?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Pitdragon posted:

could someone explain why the number of recovered cases in the US is so low compared to deaths? apologies if this has been asked and answered already

I assume it’s because to claim someone as recovered you have to test them twice over a couple days and why waste tests on people that are feeling healthy

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Looks like Bojo is doing better and has been talking to his friend Donny

https://twitter.com/haynesdeborah/status/1253740920152956930?s=21

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Oh poo poo i forgot about cookout. Superior southern fast food much better than krystal I think

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I haven't been to OCR since unmod got deleted

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

ArmZ posted:

white castle is the carl's jr to krystal's hardee's

What's up with this anyhoo...Rallys and Checkers

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

ruddiger posted:

He’d probably talk about his dead son, but that’s not as fun to make fun of as dementia.

Oh poo poo guys! Biden's off limits.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Blistex posted:

Oh poo poo guys! Biden's off limits.

lol yeah that’s what those words said. :rolleyes:

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Dixville posted:

Oh poo poo i forgot about cookout. Superior southern fast food much better than krystal I think

Cookout loving rocks

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Not even in the same ballpark. loving Cookout tray for like 5 bucks and a shake? gently caress yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

krystals sucks but the Krystal chiks rule and if your'e a drunk college student at 230AM, the chili cheese fries will hit the spot. I have a voice, ingrained in my mind from 20 years ago after my friend ordered krystals with the chili cheese on them, the drive thru lady saying "you...you want chili...on your burger????"