Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

the way i see it, each game is gonna be a self-contained story with the overarching plot right behind it, maybe like mass effect.
i loved the original and i'm still playing the remake but it's definitely a good game. one of square-enix's best i'd say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Feels good to play and characters are fun to watch. Not more needed

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

NienNunb posted:

It's 40 bucks right now is that the Right Price? I'm not in the mood for Doom rn or else id get that.

I'd say wait for $20

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

outer worlds is a good game in the same way the original assassins creed was a good game, in that it feels a little bit like a demo for something that could be really special in time

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I liked outer worlds but when I finished it i felt absolutely no desire to play through it again

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

I kinda like Post Malone. I have purchased none of his albums but I appreciate his commitment to being absolutely miserable all of the time.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Wasn't able to catch it live but watching the "Post Malone covers Nirvana to raise money to fight COVID-19" right now, and drat if it doesn't kick rear end (and make me more than a little wistful for the early 1990s right about now).

Here's the link if anyone's interested (you can also donate via the link, as well):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7eaGcIyhPU

This dickhole is a charmer. Lithium still sucks

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

whip my little fuuuuuckin' rear end! i said a whoop it either slow or fast. yeah!

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

extradite THIS! posted:

As far as I’ve understood, (this is a big spoiler, but I don’t really say anything about the events in the game) the ”remake” doesn’t mean ”HD remaster” but a reimagining of the original game, meaning at some point the story starts to go in a very different direction than it originally did. The next game is I guess going to be an entirely new story from start to finish, instead of just ”the second half of FFVII”. Also, it’s a good and gorgeous game? Correct me if I’m hideously wrong, people who’ve actually played it

This is mostly accurate. Similar level of pseudo-spoiler: The story eventually takes a different tack, but it does so in such a way that the storyline of the original game is mostly intact, and as they make future installments they could change everything or nothing and either would make an equal amount of sense.

I was a lot less enthused about my time with the remake than almost everyone else I've seen, but I still for the most part really enjoyed it.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Seams posted:

I liked outer worlds but when I finished it i felt absolutely no desire to play through it again

Yeah, I didn't feel the same thing I feel every time I beat New Vegas, the curiosity about what my next playthrough would be like, because I never got the impression a different skillset or different decisions would impact the way I interacted with the world in an interesting way.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've really been enjoying the XCops game (New XCOM where you basically work as a SWAT team for a city).

It's pretty decent for a $10 game plus a good "this is how you can learn about how to play XCOM games" thing to get people hooked.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm still obsessing over Dragon Quest XI but the price on that new XCOM is so good I'm definitely tempted, even though I haven't even played the War of the Chosen expansion to XCOM 2 yet.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

oh but seriously I posted:

I kinda like Post Malone. I have purchased none of his albums but I appreciate his commitment to being absolutely miserable all of the time.

I've never once seen anything with him where he seems anything other than happy though and he seems like a respectful nice dude - I saw these three videos before I had even heard a song from him and became a fan of Post Malone the person beyond whatever music he makes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCEG4QyQbF4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_uSZcXMV7s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PERV1WTRomY

He's like a big kid that wants to have a good time and I think his physical look gives people the wrong impression because people are always saying he looks dirty, looks like a creep etc but hey, people are judgmental it's what they do

Edit: If you're talking about his music sounding miserable I've only heard a few songs like Better Now, Rockstar, Congratulations so I must have missed the miserable stuff. I guess his entire style is chill enough that I could see that.

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 26, 2020

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/LetsWeeb/status/1254123995202543617?s=19

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/GroovyBruce/status/1244033629703090181?s=19

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I've never once seen anything with him where he seems anything other than happy though and he seems like a respectful nice dude - I saw these three videos before I had even heard a song from him and became a fan of Post Malone the person beyond whatever music he makes

He's like a big kid that wants to have a good time and I think his physical look gives people the wrong impression because people are always saying he looks dirty, looks like a creep etc but hey, people are judgmental it's what they do

Edit: If you're talking about his music sounding miserable I've only heard a few songs like Better Now, Rockstar, Congratulations so I must have missed the miserable stuff. I guess his entire style is chill enough that I could see that.

What I know is that for a year or two he was making the rounds doing interviews on all the hip hop radio stations along with his girlfriend saying poo poo like nah I don't need other girls and she's the one and this and that and every single radio host was giving him poo poo about it saying sooner or later he'll cheat on her or something, and of course eventually he did.

Then there was this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDACGORbhEo

And quotes like "If you’re looking for lyrics, if you’re looking to cry, if you’re looking to think about life, don’t listen to hip-hop" and "I'm not a rapper, I'm an artist/musician".

All of this predates most of his dumb tattoos that I don't think anyone actually give a poo poo about without the other stuff.

Aside from my general dislike of the heavy autotune thing, some of his music is actually decent, it's just a shame that if you look a little beyond the surface he's actually a shitbag.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he ate the sauce

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

So I'm not gonna get Outer Worlds, after what everyone has said and the fact that it's weirdly short (which is the absolute opposite of what I'm looking for here). That being said, what PS4 games WOULD y'all recommend? Looking for something conceptually similar to my preconceived idea of what Outer Worlds, something that's long and with a decent amount of poo poo to do. Every store I go to doesn't have Final Fantasy 7 or else I'd go for that.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

NienNunb posted:

So I'm not gonna get Outer Worlds, after what everyone has said and the fact that it's weirdly short (which is the absolute opposite of what I'm looking for here). That being said, what PS4 games WOULD y'all recommend? Looking for something conceptually similar to my preconceived idea of what Outer Worlds, something that's long and with a decent amount of poo poo to do. Every store I go to doesn't have Final Fantasy 7 or else I'd go for that.

RDR2?
Fallout 4?

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
HoriZon Zero Dawn or God of War?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!
You could get in to FF14, that game might have problems but "too short" is not one of them.

RDR2 is very good and quite long, and even when you're done with it RDO can be pretty fun, especially the console versions that don't have cheaters like the PC version does.

God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn are both good though I wouldn't say there's a variety of things to do, you're mostly fighting stuff.

Bloodborne is good but probably pretty far from what you're specifically looking for.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

spider man? idk. I don't have that system. been playing a lot of Rune Factory 4

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

NienNunb posted:

Dragon Quest Builders 2 is pretty long and with a lot of stuff to do if you like that type of game.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

As I've established, I'm already the worlds biggest RDR2 pervert.

I've seen a lot of what FF14 has to offer and it's not my kind of game.

The only other game mentioned that I haven't already played is Horizon, which interests me.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Put Post Malone in a trash can

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

NienNunb posted:

As I've established, I'm already the worlds biggest RDR2 pervert.

That's C-3PO

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Brut posted:

You could get in to FF14, that game might have problems but "too short" is not one of them.

you gotta have a PHD to sign up, that poo poo is insane.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I like everything about FF14 except the part where I have to team up with other people to get poo poo done.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Yakuza 0 1 2 3 4 5 and 6 and judgement

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Shard posted:

Yakuza 0 1 2 3 4 5 and 6 and judgement

Yakuza is Shenmue's inferior cousin

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
HZD has much better combat and imo exploration than RDR2 but there’s no crafting or fishing or whatever. The missions and writing are all generally pretty good though.

I’m torn between getting Link’s Awakening or FFVII: R. Either looks good but I don’t know what I’m in the mood for. I want a big long stupid captivating adventure.

Is FFVII:R button mashy? I want to give my hands a break.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Dragon Age Inquisition seemed decent before I got distracted and stopped playing it

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

Captain Magic posted:

HZD has much better combat and imo exploration than RDR2 but there’s no crafting or fishing or whatever. The missions and writing are all generally pretty good though.

I’m torn between getting Link’s Awakening or FFVII: R. Either looks good but I don’t know what I’m in the mood for. I want a big long stupid captivating adventure.

Is FFVII:R button mashy? I want to give my hands a break.

There's crafting in HZD but it's almost a combat mechanic.

FF7R lets you button mash but you don't really have to, and there's a lower difficulty setting (oddly named "Classic") that lets you mash even less than normal.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I have never played a The Witcher game would I be lost if I played 3 first?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Sort of. I played like 5 minutes of Witcher 2 but I feel didn’t feel that lost when I played 3.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there are some "wish i knew what this was about or who this guy is" moments when i played witcher 3 but it wasn't a big deal. a small deal. a deal that you'd like to have made, but you couldn't. and it's time to move on. it was all sidequest poo poo except for like one thing

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I haven't played any Witcher games but 3. Nothing was lost on me it's not a super complicated narrative at all and I have some severe cognitive disabilities due to my temporal lobe epilepsy and head trauma so most story lines go completely over my head in movies and games. The game wasn't very fun for me until I got to a certain quest (Crones) then it opened up a lot and I played it non stop until I finished it. Unfortunately I can't remember much about it but I know I enjoyed it.

Control is really good, but not super long. I got the platinum on it though which is rare for me.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Yakuza is Shenmue's inferior cousin

Listen to your avatar on Shenmue. You know it to be true.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I will praise Horizon Zero Dawn to the skies. It's slow going at first, but once you get out of the starting zone it really opens up, and it's got one of the best villains in video game history.

gently caress Ted Faro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm here to give you a hot take and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Keanu Reeves is a good actor and one of my favorite roles of his is John Constantine