Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
The White Castle by me used to have fried clam strips. I dunno why I used to order those so often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

wilderthanmild posted:

The White Castle by me used to have fried clam strips. I dunno why I used to order those so often.

that sounds a whole lot like russian roulette.

buddy of mine used to swear he hated subway. this was like 1998, so way before kiddy diddler jared and all that. how you HATE a sandwich, I dunno. come to find out he had only ever had the tuna sub. I was like, man, just order an italian bmt?? so I talk him into going, and this motherfucker orders the SEAFOOD sub and then still complains that it sucks

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Blistex posted:

He'd probable start rambling on about his first paper route as a kid, or the time he and his friends tried to track down One-Eyed Willy's treasure.

Listen up, fat

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

jimmy johns wrecks subway and they are delivering during plague times, you click some buttons and that thing ends up on your doorstep like magic you don't even have to talk to the disease vector delivery person

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

big trivia FAIL posted:

krystals sucks but the Krystal chiks rule and if your'e a drunk college student at 230AM, the chili cheese fries will hit the spot. I have a voice, ingrained in my mind from 20 years ago after my friend ordered krystals with the chili cheese on them, the drive thru lady saying "you...you want chili...on your burger????"

Krystal chiks are dope but not if the place you order from starts replacing the chicken paddies with 2 chicken nuggets. Motherfuckers

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

just have to make sure you disinfect the sandwich by scrubbing it with soap and water

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I know you’re not supposed to be able to get the roni from food but a cold sandwich that has like 23 slices of meats and vegetables and cheese and poo poo is like 23 opportunities for someone that’s sick and forced into work to sneeze all over it and then get on my fingers and end up in my eyeball or nose.

Sushi would go in the same category for the same reason.

We’ve only eaten “out” twice in the last 5 weeks, once was pizza delivery and once was Korean curbside pick up. All poo poo heated to 200 degrees or whatever and not likely to be fingered a lot after being prepared.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

d0s posted:

jimmy johns wrecks subway and they are delivering during plague times, you click some buttons and that thing ends up on your doorstep like magic you don't even have to talk to the disease vector delivery person

Too bad their owner likes shooting endangered animals and materially supports racists like Arpaio. And the anti-union stuff, but if you cared about that all fast food would be off limits.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Screw Jimmy Johns, all that poo poo is cold. Go to Jersey Mike's Subs instead

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Too bad their owner likes shooting endangered animals and materially supports racists like Arpaio. And the anti-union stuff, but if you cared about that all fast food would be off limits.

I didn't know any of this stuff but I automatically assume this sort of thing of any large business owner and try not to think about it to keep my brain healthy because the only way to be sure you're not giving money to assholes is to live like the unabomber

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

d0s posted:

I didn't know any of this stuff but I automatically assume this sort of thing of any large business owner and try not to think about it to keep my brain healthy because the only way to be sure you're not giving money to assholes is to live like the unabomber

We are all the unabomber now

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

also I just read on wikipedia that the chain was acquired by some faceless restaurant group and that guy is now only an "adviser" so I don't have to feel too bad about my sandwiches

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I never get why regular sandwiches are called cold sandwiches. It's just a regular sandwich. It's like calling ice cream "cold ice cream"

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Blaise330 posted:

I never get why regular sandwiches are called cold sandwiches.

regular sandwiches can be hot or cold

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Blaise330 posted:

I never get why regular sandwiches are called cold sandwiches. It's just a regular sandwich. It's like calling ice cream "cold ice cream"

U complain everywhere u go...

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

wilderthanmild posted:

That sounds good (well the whole belly version). Sweet I can get fried whole belly clams from the place that's changed it's name like 4+ time but always been the same sort of food.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Holy poo poo it's a loving sandwich and you've got time on your hands, just put the bread slices together yourself

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I am terrible at cooking but making sandwiches is the easiest thing in world

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
This thread better rerail on its own fast, were in page 3 of sandchat

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Was reading a book and got annoyed at how hot it was and felt a headache coming on. Got up and my legs ached. Checked thermostat and it is 72 degrees. Bye everyone, it has been fun.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Burt Sexual posted:

This thread better rerail on its own fast, were in page 3 of sandchat

Oh, maybe my imminent death is helping. :unsmith:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Hi. I don't want to die.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Philthy posted:

Hi. I don't want to die.

Just want to ride on my motorcy....

....cle.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Pick posted:

Holy poo poo it's a loving sandwich and you've got time on your hands, just put the bread slices together yourself

like I said I don't want to live like the unabomber

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

In my province they got a guy who is reinfected, so he is back in quarantine and is under observation. The good news is he says he feel fine for now and the doctors are spitballing that it could be like herpes where the virus goes dormant.

quick edit: I forgot to mention that the reason he got tested again is because he was going to the hospital for cancer treatments.

Bleusilences fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Apr 26, 2020

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Rust Martialis posted:

Just want to ride on my motorcy....

....cle.

My brother and I used to quote those clips back and forth. Thanks for the laugh.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
nooo I dont want the roniherps

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Roni being something you're not immune to when you recover from it is terrifying and it looks like that more and more.

Thst would mean until a vaccine is widely available life will neve rbe normal.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Son of Rodney posted:

Roni being something you're not immune to when you recover from it is terrifying and it looks like that more and more.

Thst would mean until a vaccine is widely available life will neve rbe normal.

I think you missed that states are opening up and back to normal!

For two weeks lmao

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

MarcusSA posted:

I think you missed that states are opening up and back to normal!

For two weeks lmao
I think in some places they will not quarantine again because the GOP governors will just refuse to do it (ie. Georgia).

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

I think in some places they will not quarantine again because the GOP governors will just refuse to do it (ie. Georgia).

the mayors of some cities in georgia are still trying to enforce or at least encourage some degree of quarantines in spite of their governor, at least thats what various headlines are saying, but i have no idea what is actually happening in practice

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Earwicker posted:

the mayors of some cities in georgia are still trying to enforce or at least encourage some degree of quarantines in spite of their governor, at least thats what various headlines are saying, but i have no idea what is actually happening in practice

This is true, seen some here say they won’t open until they themselves think it’s safe.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

My county officially had -1 new cases today (they revised a case from earlier in the week for whatever reason)

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

big trivia FAIL posted:

that sounds a whole lot like russian roulette.

buddy of mine used to swear he hated subway. this was like 1998, so way before kiddy diddler jared and all that. how you HATE a sandwich, I dunno. come to find out he had only ever had the tuna sub. I was like, man, just order an italian bmt?? so I talk him into going, and this motherfucker orders the SEAFOOD sub and then still complains that it sucks

Im 7k feet in elevation in a land locked state and the only place to get fried clams is a sports bar thats not even fully in Downtown.

They are okay, the fried pickles are better.
The sushi place's oysters are garbage though.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Akuma posted:

It's really great that we have 10% of the global SARS-CoV-2 hospital deaths in the UK yet we have less than 1% of the population of the world.

Truly stupendous.

VikingSkull posted:

please stop letting people know other countries have a worse response than the US, it's counter to the thread's internal narrative and very disruptive

Similarly, Spain has 0.6% of the world's population but has 11.3% of the reported COVID-19 deaths so far, Italy has 0.78% of the population but 13% of the deaths, France has 0.84% of the population but has 11.1% of the deaths.

But you know what else the UK, Spain, Italy and France has in common? They've all reached a peak in reported COVID-19 deaths between 11 to 29 days ago and their daily rates are all dropping:

The USA has 4.25% of the world's population and 26.7% of the reported COVID-19 deaths but they haven't peaked yet and their rates are still increasing each week:

So the USA's response to the pandemic is not only worse than those other countries, we can't even tell how much worse it's been because it still hasn't hit rock bottom

Edit: New York has 0.11% of the world's population but 10.78% of the reported COVID-19 deaths worldwide, which is more than the UK

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Apr 26, 2020

AnnoyBot
May 28, 2001
I don't get the chain sandwich thing. In the bay area I can name a bunch of market deli counters that will make a proper deli sandwich that is loving Michelin star worthy:

Draegers
Zanottos
Gene's Fine Foods
Bianchini's
Piazza's
Woodside deli (might be closed, not sure)
Dittmer's

And honorable mention:
Cheesesteak Shop (local chain)
Jersey Joe's (cheesesteaks)
Lunardi's
Adamsons french dip

Now shut up about your garbage fast food sandwiches. If you feel the urge, do some research and figure out where your local fancy market is and try that. It costs the same as going to Jersey Mike's, maybe less.

Corona chat: social distancing and masks still a shitshow in San Jose. My wife's car was delivered by a body shop and both guys had no masks. I got curbside pickup at a BBQ place last night and the lobby had 5 or 6 people I could see, half with no masks, and the dude who brought out the food has no mask. Luckily I could cower in the car like a frightened kitten while I waited.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Good job not mentioning popular hipster trash "Ike's." They are garbage.

You missed Sub Center in SF. Been there forever.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Have you been to Sandwich Zone in Berkeley. The cranberry turkey melt is literally the best sandwich I have ever eaten ever.

There was also that sandwhich store on Haste by Amoeba that was really good but they would constantly run out of bread by like 2pm so you had to get in there fast. Last time I was in the area they were gone though.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
reinfection chat: I’m not full blown sick again but I’ve been feeling like I did in the first few days when I got sick a few weeks ago. Suddenly coughing a LOT again, super dehydrated in a way you only get when you’re ill, headache, body aches, etc. I’ve not been off the premises of my complex since the 28th of March, so did I catch some other random cold from delivery? Is it the Roni coming back to finish the job? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Don't eat a Jimmy John's. That motherfucker shoots elephants. He is a stupid poo poo person.

Also don't eat Subway, the meat is gross and slimy.