Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

How in the gently caress

Edit: Now a snipe. Okay, sorry about that, but I will also have a LEGO-related post soon so enjoy that song I guess lol

Hopper posted:

That is a lot of effort to put into a wrong thread post. I have zero musical skills so all I can contribute is that the background crackling (sounds like a Vinyl record) is bit too loud.

Oh and thanks for the genuine feedback, was working with a new plugin, will lower the noise a smidge. And yep, vinyl pop, good ear!

Brawnfire fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Apr 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

To make up for my mis-post, here's a backlit photo of the spaceport control room I'm working on. More photos to come!

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Well D-0 was an interesting build with the way the wheel was done, but a little pricey for what you get. Cute as hell though. I like that his head both swivels and kinda wobbles with the knobs on the side.

Can't wait for May 1st to order the dang A-Wing.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Built the first half of 41378 (Dolphin Rescue Mission) with my daughter and while it's cool and goes well with some of our other underwater stuff the flippers fall off the minidoll feet when you so much as breathe in the same room as them, which is not ideal for a kids toy.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Built the first half of 41378 (Dolphin Rescue Mission) with my daughter and while it's cool and goes well with some of our other underwater stuff the flippers fall off the minidoll feet when you so much as breathe in the same room as them, which is not ideal for a kids toy.

Would the old clear nail polish over the studs trick work maybe? Give it a bit more to grip on to.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Lizard Combatant posted:

Would the old clear nail polish over the studs trick work maybe? Give it a bit more to grip on to.

Hmm, there's a spare flipper in the set I could test that with.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

The Lunar Rover is kinda close to This set from Mega Construx

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Gotta get that food truck doe

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Anora posted:

The Lunar Rover is kinda close to This set from Mega Construx

Heh, that one looks more like the Ares Rover from The Martian than the Lego one.

sim
Sep 24, 2003

I really love the parts usage on this build. The shaving cream, the chair arms, Barbacide, hair on the ground!

Barbershop. Interior by Maxim Baybakov, on Flickr

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Dogen posted:

Citizen Brick has Joe Exotic minifigs right now in case that interests anyone comes with a tiger (cat with stripes, lol)

I have a friend who would lose her poo poo over this. has anyone bought from that site before, is it solid work?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

DrChud posted:

I have a friend who would lose her poo poo over this. has anyone bought from that site before, is it solid work?

Oh yeah they're top quality but top price. I have Leon the Professional (Leroy's Cleaning Service), the Mad Max: FF set as a gift for a friend, gave the updated Big Lebowski (Bowling Buddies) to my dad for xmas, I have Taxi (Uber) Driver, uh... Ofbrick (Handmaid's Tale), The Bride from Kill Bill... probably some others that aren't currently in my eyeline that I can't remember off-hand. I can get some pics of any of them if you want. Also, I did order myself the Joe Exotic one, obviously.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Some site had custom Dimensions-accurate Doctor Who minifigs a couple of years ago, but damned if I can find it again.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The_Doctor posted:

Some site had custom Dimensions-accurate Doctor Who minifigs a couple of years ago, but damned if I can find it again.

poo poo. I would of loved these.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Episode 5 of S2 of Australian Lego Masters was hilarious, especially with at least two builds breaking the machine. Also the shark tank shearing through one of the walls, the missing brick, cop it Brickman, everything.

EDIT: Harry Potter sets are up on Brickset.

Highlights for me:

(Imgur album).

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Apr 28, 2020

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Is there a chance that there's gonna be more sets from Rise of Skywalker? I want a red and black zombie Palpatine minifigure but I take it that line is done with.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Maybe Lego has adopted the cultural zeitgeist and just wants to forget about that movie in its entirety.

I'd also like a Zombie Sheev set replete with jars of Snokes and a bunch of creepy Sith statues.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

sigher posted:

Is there a chance that there's gonna be more sets from Rise of Skywalker? I want a red and black zombie Palpatine minifigure but I take it that line is done with.

Sure, there's a chance. I doubt that there would be a whole other wave but I'd guess they'll put out a couple more sets.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Man, I want that Hedwig, but barnes and noble only seems dumb.

Snowmankilla fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Apr 29, 2020

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

B&N still has a bunch of Voltron in stock, but at full price still. :argh:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Episode 5 of S2 of Australian Lego Masters was hilarious, especially with at least two builds breaking the machine. Also the shark tank shearing through one of the walls, the missing brick, cop it Brickman, everything.

EDIT: Harry Potter sets are up on Brickset.

Highlights for me:

(Imgur album).

I'm fond of the centaurs. :allears: Now that they have the molds, they can do another fantasy line with them.

mitochondritom posted:

Maybe Lego has adopted the cultural zeitgeist and just wants to forget about that movie in its entirety.

I'd also like a Zombie Sheev set replete with jars of Snokes and a bunch of creepy Sith statues.
Really amazing when you think about it. If you'd told me back when Disney bought the rights that the final movie of the "last" trilogy would be forgotten/ignored in half a year I wouldn't have believed you.
But I really expect a clone Palpatine at some point.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I'm not going to buy them anyway, but are these new HP castle parts semi-modular or not? I spotted some connection parts on the first wave.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Zedd posted:

I'm not going to buy them anyway, but are these new HP castle parts semi-modular or not? I spotted some connection parts on the first wave.

Yeah the Great Hall, Clocktower, Whomping Willow, and Astronomy Tower can be attached to each other, and the small Room of Requirement set can be added on to the Astronomy Tower.

Here's one version but you can make it less linear and more enclosed too.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
So for the hell of it I've started a minifig scale Enterprise (yes, I'm coping with isolation fine thanks for asking), honestly I'll probably stop after the bridge but it's fun to imagine.

Obviously I'd love to use custom printed pieces but I've tried to go with only what's available in studio and to make it as "legal" as possible (actually build-able and without stacking same size plates on top of each other), so here's my WIP so far of the bridge of the Enteprise (no bloody "A", "B", "C", or "D"... well technically the refit, as seen in Wrath of Khan)

I get this wont be most / many people's thing so sorry for the scroll fest.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Apr 29, 2020

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo dude.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
If I ever actually built it (over $500 according to estimates, lol - hopefully that'd be less with bulk buying) I'd love to rig it up with those awesome tiny LEDs, I've designed it with room to run wires in mind.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Lizard Combatant posted:

I get this wont be most many people's thing so sorry for the scroll fest.

:wrong:

And I say that as someone for who Star Wars was their first love and refused to watch Star Trek on (stupid) principle until I was 14

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Lizard Combatant posted:

So for the hell of it I've started a minifig scale Enterprise (yes, I'm coping with isolation fine thanks for asking), honestly I'll probably stop after the bridge but it's fun to imagine.

Obviously I'd love to use custom printed pieces but I've tried to go with only what's available in studio and to make it as "legal" as possible (actually build-able and without stacking same size plates on top of each other), so here's my WIP so far of the bridge of the Enteprise (no bloody "A", "B", "C", or "D"... well technically the refit, as seen in Wrath of Khan)

I get this wont be most many people's thing so sorry for the scroll fest.

:aaa: I'd love to see this for real

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Darth TNT posted:

:aaa: I'd love to see this for real

Me too... One day

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
That’s totally bitch’n!

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Yeah I'm not a Star Trek fan but that owns bones. Great work!

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Hey thanks! It's weird but the parts I'm most satisfied with are the fire extinguishers. Funny how certain things just catch your fancy.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

EvilJoven posted:

Holy poo poo dude.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I give approximately zero shits about Star Trek and that's the best MOC I've seen in a long time.

If you were so inclined you could throw it onto Lego Ideas and get a bajillion upvotes easily.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
That is awesome. Good work!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

That’s really good! And yeah, absolutely throw that up on Ideas!

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Pretty sure it's an auto reject as existing IP isn't it?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Lizard Combatant posted:

Pretty sure it's an auto reject as existing IP isn't it?

Broadly speaking, no, but now that you mention it I think Mega Bloks might have the license. Shame.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Did the refit add a second turbo lift?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Cojawfee posted:

Did the refit add a second turbo lift?

Aye