Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

VibrantPareidolia posted:

Opening Wander up cuz Redd is here and I have a stupid big pile of stuff clogging up my beach for people to come grab! Will be AFK getting some dinner.

Marina is also DIYing a Cute Rose Crown, uses 3 pink and 3 orange roses. I'll allow the picking of my roses for people who don't have any at home but there's only 3 pinks and 4 oranges so it's first come first served.
Her house is all the way to the left by the beach surrounded by flowers, I'll be sitting outside.

Code: 2SVQ1

Redd stock:
Academic Painting (real)
Scary Painting (fake)
Jolly Painting (fake)
Menu Chalkboard (brown with lines of writing)
Pinball Machine (baseball)

Nook's Cranny:
Menu Chalkboard (white with dessert drawings)
Moss ball
Soccer ball

Able Sisters:
Pilot jackets, groovy outfits, bell bottoms, caterpillar costumes, dandy hats, pilot's caps, drinking straw glasses, an absolute rainbow of different basic pants, and a bunch of sneakers, boots and strappy heels

Yard Sard:
Buncha random DIYs and furniture
Megacero skull
Megacero torso
Iguanodon tail
Parasaur tail
Plesio skull
Left quetzal wing
Right quetzal wing

I grabbed the Academic Painting, so thank you for that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Bought Michelangelo's David from Redd. Yep, there's a straight up dick in Animal Crossing now.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I think the funniest part about them adding David to the game is that it was in previous titles too and it always gets the same exact reaction of "A Dick??? In Animal Crossing???"

Makes me feel like I'm in some kind of a loop :v:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

stev posted:

Bought Michelangelo's David from Redd. Yep, there's a straight up dick in Animal Crossing now.

I was honestly surprised the Venus painting wasn't censored either.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
Is the counterfeit one still jacking off like in New Leaf?

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

LastGoodBoy posted:

Is the counterfeit one still jacking off like in New Leaf?

This time it's helicoptering

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
Wander is closed now, thanks for coming by!

Also thanks to Lewis and Nemo for telling people about the DIYs changing! Was out of the house so I had no clue :sweatdrop:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
TIL: Redd counts as a visitor, not an actual shop. I know that's how it usually works, but I thought it was different this time because his shop had a proper map icon yesterday.

which is a shame, because buying 1 piece of art at a time would make the museum take an age to fill up even *if* he was there all the time, and that doesn't even factor in accidentally buying fakes/purposely buying fakes because they're funny

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I kinda like it. I mean I have almost completely filled up the fossil section (there might be more I’m missing than I realise, but every room almost feels full at this point), and I’m past the halfway point of fish and bugs, so there has to be something to keep me playing past like... june or july. if Redd was here every day and let me clear out his stash each day, I would probably be all done with it all within a couple of weeks or so, and wouldn’t have any reason to check in until next seasonal event :shrug:

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

but if you want everything now there’s nothing to stop you from just time travelling and get his poo poo that way

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Does anyone have some Red Cosmos seeds I can buy or trade for? I’d prefer 3, but any will work. I’m trying to recruit Ketchup, but her price of a Garden Wagon is steep. :negative:

I can trade 5 seed bags of:
Roses: Red, White, and Yellow
Tulips: Red, White, and Yellow
Windflowers: Orange, Red, and White,
Mums: Red and White
Pansies: Red, White, and Yellow

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Blaziken386 posted:

TIL: Redd counts as a visitor, not an actual shop. I know that's how it usually works, but I thought it was different this time because his shop had a proper map icon yesterday.

which is a shame, because buying 1 piece of art at a time would make the museum take an age to fill up even *if* he was there all the time, and that doesn't even factor in accidentally buying fakes/purposely buying fakes because they're funny
I never finished the art in New Leaf over my years of play (on and off) because so many times, the only real one on offer that week was one I already had.

Now in NH it looks like you can have between 0-4 real art per visit.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

So what's the optimal tree strategy for normal trees? Might do some cleaning up of excess trees and stuff today. Thinking about putting 10-12 normal trees in a little corner of the map so I can run over and shake them for the daily drops instead of running all over the island. Also need to space out my gardens.

edit: found the google doc with a guide in OP - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cFL6CqlOK9HXohbsq-9JiOaTt0nms8c0QtMexZp1ZKk/edit

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Apr 26, 2020

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Argue posted:

Oof, Redd has three genuines in today (Hokusai's Great Wave, the samurai one, and the bust of Nefertiti). I guess this is how Nintendo encourages multiplayer; encourage people to act for the benefit (?) of others. Already gave them away on the Discord.

The Discord! :) Link's in the OP.

Cool thanks I will join up.

A Long Way Down
Jul 14, 2009

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

Grimey Drawer
Does having turnips at 109 today mean I should have decent prices at some point or will it be another week of double digit prices again? Only time will tell.

(It’ll be poo poo prices)

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Silver Falcon posted:

I don't run that island, but I know how it works. Yes, it's totally find if you just want to visit and touch stuff. The only thing that pisses off the host is stealing poo poo. You are free to take DIYs you need, or fossils you need for your museum, but for everything else just pick it up and put it back.

Drop by any time you like and rub your hands all over the loot pile. That's why it's there.

Is there a link or something to this island I could peep? Thanks!

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Did I lock myself out of the new content?

I chatted with Redd and with the Sloth guy last week but didn’t have bells on me to buy anything and didn’t log back in that day. Yesterday, KK was in the plaza and today it is empty. Are they coming back?

TwoSheds
Sep 12, 2007

Bringer of sugary treats!

Prowler posted:

I don't have plat, but I'll keep an eye on the thread. Thanks!

Ok, I’m available for a touching party when you are!

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

doingitwrong posted:

Did I lock myself out of the new content?

I chatted with Redd and with the Sloth guy last week but didn’t have bells on me to buy anything and didn’t log back in that day. Yesterday, KK was in the plaza and today it is empty. Are they coming back?

They should now both be regular random visitors, just like Sahara, Kicks etc.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Animal Crossing New Horizons: I’m available for a touching party when you are!

mods???

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Nothing but fakes from Redd today. What the hell, you stupid fox.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
How do y’all know what’s fakes? I dunno anything about art. Are you just googling “lady with no arms statue?”

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Romes128 posted:

How do y’all know what’s fakes? I dunno anything about art. Are you just googling “lady with no arms statue?”

I just Google the name the game gives you, like academic painting or whatever, plus "animal crossing." There's already guides out that have shots of all of them.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lugubrious posted:

I just Google the name the game gives you, like academic painting or whatever, plus "animal crossing." There's already guides out that have shots of all of them.

poo poo I must have missed the name being given. Thanks.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

acnh is a good google shorthand, too. Like “acnh art guide”

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

There are guides for the previous games, but some of the fakes are faked in different, more subtle ways this time around.

Source: I accidentally bought a fake sculpture.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
If i buy turnips elsewhere does the price curve still go by my island price? I don't feel lije spending 110 on turnips

TwoSheds
Sep 12, 2007

Bringer of sugary treats!

KungFu Grip posted:

If i buy turnips elsewhere does the price curve still go by my island price? I don't feel lije spending 110 on turnips

I don't know this for sure, but logically it would make sense to go by your island’s price. You might have bought turnips from multiple places in one week and I don’t think the game would keep track of that.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Help! Please take these fossils from me!

Dodo Code: Closed for the time being.

Would appreciate the following fossils in return:

Archelon Tail
Dimetrodon Skull
Left Megalo Side
Spino Tail
Coprolite

No biggie if you don't have them though, weird gifts are also fine, or just nothing at all, I don't really need anything.

Feel free to take whatever fossils you want, rather people use them to fill up their own museums than me selling them for pocket change (or you can sell them yourself for pocket change, not like I'll know what you'll do with them!). Also have recipes and random clothing if you want them as well. Also fruits if there's still any you're missing, take whatever.

Also Redd's in the back of the island (bring a ladder, left two art pieces are fakes and dunno about the other two) and turnips are a meh 99 bells if you have interest in such things.

Mega64 posted:

e: Oh yeah, Julian's got the wooden double bed DIY, he lives right above my house.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Apr 26, 2020

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

Yes, the calculators usually specify it's your island's buy price, and I presume where you buy doesn't impact anything.

Personally I don't really see the value in saving 10-20 bells per turnip with the hassle involved in visiting another island (particularly if it's busy) cause that's only like 40-80k per full inventory which feels kinda trivial if you plan to sell at 400-600?

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Dip Viscous posted:

There are guides for the previous games, but some of the fakes are faked in different, more subtle ways this time around.

Source: I accidentally bought a fake sculpture.

Can confirm, and the existing guides specific for new horizons don't have all the fakes. I found 2 fakes today that were different in other ways (eyebrows on scary painting, water spout too wide on quaint painting) than the guides I saw had. I had 2 real ones, I believe, or at least I couldn't find anything wrong with either when closely comparing with the legit ones.

Your best bet is to just find an image of the real one for the game (those are largely out there now) and just scrutinize against that rather than the "the fake scary painting has a smile instead of a frown" guides.

Also RIP finger guns scary painting

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Mega64 posted:

Help! Please take these fossils from me!

I've been trying to drop a dimetrodon skull by your house for about 20 minutes but Nintendo thought it would be a good idea to make you watch a five minute cutscene every time someone shows up.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Lugubrious posted:

I've been trying to drop a dimetrodon skull by your house for about 20 minutes but Nintendo thought it would be a good idea to make you watch a five minute cutscene every time someone shows up.

Sorry, I wasn't expecting such a crowd! Usually I only get like four or five people over a two hour span.

Temporarily closing the gates. I'll re-open once the crowd thins.

e: Oh yeah, thanks for that, and thanks for everyone leaving stuff!

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

There’s a fake Capitoline Wolf in my Redd’s today and if I could prevail upon any enterprising and generous goon to purchase it for me today and mail it to me tomorrow, I would be VERY grateful. Name your price!!

There’s also a genuine Flowery Painting still on offer if anyone wants to come snag it!

mareep fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Apr 26, 2020

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Crowd's thinned out enough, so re-opening! Still plenty of fossils! Closing up for now.

e: Oh yeah, Julian's got the wooden double bed DIY, he lives right above my house.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Apr 26, 2020

Mega64
May 23, 2008

e: mispost

AtomicSX
Jan 10, 2007
Redd has all fakes today of the following if anyone wants one:

Mona Lisa
Hydrangeas and Pair of Chickens
Nefertiti Bust
Girl with a Pearl Earring

He also had a rock guitar the same day Nook's had an electric guitar.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Finally got KK Slider to come to my barely 3-star island today.

I'm over 100 hours deep.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

decided to randomly check my rating last night

what a nice surprise!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Alright, I finally got around to signing up to the Discord and the Friend Code Database. Between this and Pokemon, I think I'm going to have more goon friends on my Switch than actual friends. I don't mind though, y'all are cool.