Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

As far as video game concerts go this Fortnite rapper is no YRP.

excuse me, but that was an impostor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Human Crouton posted:

Uncharted 1 is a bad game.

:yeah:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

veni veni veni posted:

Of all the things I’d expect the thread to jump down my throat over, making fun of Fortnite is not one of those things lol. Did not realize rippin on fortnite was forbidden fruit.

to be fair, the world is in a period of unprecedented turmoil and this is like a free fun thing for children, so you really couldnt sound more like Ebeneezer Scrooge screaming at Christmas carolers if you tried.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

to be fair, the world is in a period of unprecedented turmoil and this is like a free fun thing for children, so you really couldnt sound more like Ebeneezer Scrooge screaming at Christmas carolers if you tried.

They can actually play a good free game like Warframe. Fortnite is still bad even if it's free on this period of unprecedented turmoil.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

BisterdDave posted:

Just popped the platinum trophy for Days Gone. What a great game! The story and game as whole started getting a little long in the tooth towards the end, but overall I'm very happy with the whole experience. Taking on hordes was so drat tense and stressful every time, kind of split between liking them and finding them the most frustrating thing in the entire experience. Also, I kind of find it funny that hordes, the main marketing aspect for the game before release, aren't even experienced until 30-40 hours into the game.

Wow congrats for getting the platinum for days gone! I also really enjoyed this game but I totally agree with you about the hordes. I think the devs did an excellent job with them. Even my girlfriend was freaking out watching me try and take them down lol.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

fridge corn posted:

Wow congrats for getting the platinum for days gone! I also really enjoyed this game but I totally agree with you about the hordes. I think the devs did an excellent job with them. Even my girlfriend was freaking out watching me try and take them down lol.

Thanks, my wife had to deal with a lot of me yelling "are you kidding me?!?" and "come on come on come on!" during those horde fights.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The PS4 thread turning positive on Days Gone makes me happy :3:

It’s a good game!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Do people not know who Travis Scott is?

I mean I'm old enough to get the name confused with Travis Barker every time but I can understand why a Travis Scott virtual concert would be interesting to people

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I like him. I haven't played Fortnite in about three years, I never got into it but I think the concept is cool. Like for the fanbase it was probably amazing.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
when will trent reznor and iggy pop do a fortnite concert.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
so what levels do you end up with by the end of ff7r? is similar to og end of midgar or a typical ff game where you are like level 60+ by the time the end comes? i ask because i was assuming you'd just import your game and levels/stats/materia into the next one but if its a typical ff length then... hhmm.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I finished at level 38.

Reports say that you should be at least 40+ for hard mode content

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Vikar Jerome posted:

so what levels do you end up with by the end of ff7r? is similar to og end of midgar or a typical ff game where you are like level 60+ by the time the end comes? i ask because i was assuming you'd just import your game and levels/stats/materia into the next one but if its a typical ff length then... hhmm.

35-40, but doing hard mode pushes you to the level cap of 50 by chapter 2-3

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Do people not know who Travis Scott is?

I mean I'm old enough to get the name confused with Travis Barker every time but I can understand why a Travis Scott virtual concert would be interesting to people

I still haven't forgiven Travis Barker

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I finished at level 38.

Reports say that you should be at least 40+ for hard mode content

Veib posted:

35-40, but doing hard mode pushes you to the level cap of 50 by chapter 2-3

hmm what was the og by that point, level 20ish right? could still work i guess

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Vikar Jerome posted:

hmm what was the og by that point, level 20ish right? could still work i guess

Nah you were like level 13 unless you did some grinding

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

fridge corn posted:

I still haven't forgiven Travis Barker

for what

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
One of the rarest trophies by completion % is hitting level 50, I imagine that’ll take 3 or more playthrough sunless you just grind wererats in the sewers.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
I think if anything it’s cool that Fortnite is putting on a free ‘virtual concert’ rather than like the weekly, kind of awful stuff they do like shilling Ninja skins and tons of other bad purely cosmetic micro transaction stuff. The only thing that’s that goofy about it is the quality of the animations.

For some reason my digital copy of Wattam is messed up, I’ve deleted and reinstalled it several times and it just gets stuck on the loading screen every time I try to boot it up. Has anyone ever had anything like this happen?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Hard mode gives you triple XP, I don't know how levels 40-50 scale but that should probably keep things on pace

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"You're just making fun of it because you're old and don't get it" is the most dumbest thing. Sometimes kids like stupid poo poo.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ok Boomer :smug:

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

precision posted:

"You're just making fun of it because you're old and don't get it" is the most dumbest thing. Sometimes kids like stupid poo poo.

Like rock and roll music, and the pac-man video games?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

millennials yelling at other millennials about a game played by zoomers

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

BisterdDave posted:

millennials yelling at other millennials about a game played by zoomers

This is all of Games though

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

precision posted:

Hell you like stupid things and you are an adult.

Technically

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I would rather you all argued about rest mode than this poo poo

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Escobarbarian posted:

I would rather you all argued about rest mode than this poo poo

What if there was a virtual Fortnite event where we could argue about it?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

About to turn on Fortnite and put my PS4 on Rest mode :getin:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
The stuff these kids like is stupid, but the stuff I like is very very smart. *pours kool-aid into a decanter and takes puffs from a bubble pipe* Mmm yes

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

DrNutt posted:

The stuff these kids like is stupid, but the stuff I like is very very smart. *pours kool-aid into a decanter and takes puffs from a bubble pipe* Mmm yes

It is called a vape pen

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Hey Question: I bought Cowboy Bebop HD and Outlaw Star HD off the Big in Japan Sale. Will I be able to watch those on my inevitable PS5 or will I have to rebuy them?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

They’re playing music I don’t like in a game I don’t play. gently caress!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

For leaving cool and good band The Aquabats for noted poo poo band Blink-182

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Bust Rodd posted:

Hey Question: I bought Cowboy Bebop HD and Outlaw Star HD off the Big in Japan Sale. Will I be able to watch those on my inevitable PS5 or will I have to rebuy them?

I don’t think they have said.

Since this is the first generation with that kind of stuff.

I would hope so

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's hilarious that you guys make fun of poo poo you don't like all of the time, but will get on a high horse over blatantly corny rear end fortnite dance party.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I know it’s funny as you are laughing actually

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Was the concert happening in a safe and specific audience instance of the game or was it just broadcasted in the skyboxes of all games and you could still bunny hop around building staircases and headshotting people?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Lobok posted:

Was the concert happening in a safe and specific audience instance of the game or was it just broadcasted in the skyboxes of all games and you could still bunny hop around building staircases and headshotting people?

They open specific lobbies where everyone is in god mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

It's hilarious that you guys make fun of poo poo you don't like all of the time, but will get on a high horse over blatantly corny rear end fortnite dance party.

to be fair, fortnite is better than bloodborne