Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Doc Hawkins posted:

where the eff are these quotes coming from

the smoldering ruins of the dream that was funny computer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
It's not racist, it's simply incorrect. :colbert:

thotsky has issued a correction as of 19:18 on Apr 26, 2020

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i've never read or posted in yospos because every goon i knew that was into it were insufferable computer touchers

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
thank you

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

prefect posted:

Against Me is an excellent band. :colbert:

they were before they sold out

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

i wonder if that's the same yosposter who thinks zizek is a cryptofascist

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

he is

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

well if i read it on medium it must be true

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Percelus posted:

i'm hoping the libs reach a critical threshold in cringe posting that finally topples liberal media hegemony and quarantine snl and late night shows might just do the trick

so who's going to play Tara Reade on SNL?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Goon Danton posted:

Is radiolab the one with the completely insane editing and mixing
*bling BRZZZ zip zip ding ding clash clash* WELCOME *bing bong twang twang plink plink* TO RADIOLABS *zzzzzzrup rup zipzip vreooom* PRODUCED FOR WNYC *beep beep beeeeee clash bang beep-beep-be-be-beep* *mega over dramatic music interspersed with effects for the next 20 minutes*

yes, it's absolutely abysmal which is a shame bc i tried listening to radiolabs even sort of pre-podcasts and couldn't stand it so the pickings were slim. they do one or two interesting stories like AIDS patient 0 or typhoid mary, but that's about it

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Xaris posted:

*bling BRZZZ zip zip ding ding clash clash* WELCOME *bing bong twang twang plink plink* TO RADIOLABS *zzzzzzrup rup zipzip vreooom* PRODUCED FOR WNYC *beep beep beeeeee clash bang beep-beep-be-be-beep* *mega over dramatic music interspersed with effects for the next 20 minutes*

yes, it's absolutely abysmal which is a shame bc i tried listening to radiolabs even sort of pre-podcasts and couldn't stand it so the pickings were slim. they do one or two interesting stories like AIDS patient 0 or typhoid mary, but that's about it

it has won awards for sound engineering too hasn't it. i have no idea why.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

I’ve noticed a fair few of the part-time podcasters who actually work are staring to get laid off, which should compel me to pity them and subscribe to their Patreon, but instead I just pity them because they are podcasters

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Dmitri-9 posted:

Without looking I'm going to guess this guy develops facial recognition software for the Chicago police.

i think the single biggest employer of yosposters is a health insurance company named Epic or Unity or something

e: vv thank you comrade, wait, i mean stone the petit bourgeois

Doc Hawkins has issued a correction as of 22:09 on Apr 26, 2020

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Doc Hawkins posted:

i think the single biggest employer of yosposters is a health insurance company named Epic or Unity or something

Epic makes medical software, not insurance :science:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Doc Hawkins posted:

e: vv thank you comrade, wait, i mean stone the petit bourgeois

the yosslack is just company slack :pwn:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
trap sprung. we use microsoft teams

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

"trap house" is a term originating in drug runners in the Atlanta area; it became associated with iconic African-American rappers, and an entire style of music

"chapo" means "shorty" in Mexican vernacular Spanish

the guys behind "chapo trap house" plainly think it's hilarious to grab some random words from other people's cultural heritage and mash it together, like juxtaposition without any other work is, in itself, funny, because those weird people who aren't us lololol

it's a bad look

i thought that was just the name of the song in their intro

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016

gh0stpinballa posted:

it has won awards for sound engineering too hasn't it. i have no idea why.

WNYC and NPR in general *used to* have some of the most creative audio engineers in the biz from what I understand. I don't know much about the industry but this is something Scott Carrier said, and he is a genuinely amazing radio producer and I don't think he would make that up to suck up to NPR.

2002 isn't the olden days exactly, but it's before everyone's home computer could mix found sound and effects and do ~atmospheric immersive balancing~ so I can see how it would have been award-worthy back then. but lol at the idea of that cornball show winning anything after 2008 or so.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Doc Hawkins posted:

Lol

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

life is a joke posted:

WNYC and NPR in general *used to* have some of the most creative audio engineers in the biz from what I understand. I don't know much about the industry but this is something Scott Carrier said, and he is a genuinely amazing radio producer and I don't think he would make that up to suck up to NPR.

2002 isn't the olden days exactly, but it's before everyone's home computer could mix found sound and effects and do ~atmospheric immersive balancing~ so I can see how it would have been award-worthy back then. but lol at the idea of that cornball show winning anything after 2008 or so.

i dunno in 2002 i had a middling dell laptop and a free copy of cubase that came with a cheap usb mixer and could make annoying radiolab type shows where every few words in a sentence it cuts to a different person speaking it's not really that impressive a skill

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

The Muppets On PCP posted:

i dunno in 2002 i had a middling dell laptop and a free copy of cubase that came with a cheap usb mixer and could make annoying radiolab type shows where every few words in a sentence it cuts to a different person speaking it's not really that impressive a skill

they probably shouldn't use Radiolab as a demo for Audacity

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
radiolab is the auditory equivalent of the powerpoint decks made by those people that absolutely have to have a funny looping gif on every single slide

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Stairmaster posted:

i thought that was just the name of the song in their intro

sort of, the theme is called something like Salute To El Chapo and that informed them to name the show like it was a mixtape

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Assassin 33 AD is all the proof I need that conservatives own Christianity as a theological identity and any attempt by leftists to co-opt is is doomed to failure

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

MizPiz posted:

Assassin 33 AD is all the proof I need that conservatives own Christianity as a theological identity and any attempt by leftists to co-opt is is doomed to failure

except evangelicalism as a religion is dying just like all the others, sure they've managed to export it to the colonies but that's not stopped basically every church to bleed young members constantly. which isn't to say this film isn't of much higher quality than the normal garbage they put out; it's just a lot better well done because it probably has a fuckload more $$$ behind it than most do. That $$$ will get bigger as the various crazy communities grow more desperate to convert people.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

MizPiz posted:

hey, hey, we've got some time to get some anti-Catholic League shenanigans going, because who knows what the Jesuits are planning next!?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Lady Militant posted:

except evangelicalism as a religion is dying just like all the others, sure they've managed to export it to the colonies but that's not stopped basically every church to bleed young members constantly.

yeah in terms of raw numbers evangelicals are about where mainline protestants were 10-15 years ago but they're dropping off just as quickly

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I like how it swept South America because then they don’t have to care about the poor like the Catholics think they might just a bit

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ChrisRulon/status/1254442599538143234

nooooo dude you're only supposed to use the Exile stuff to smear Matt Taibbi!

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
all the dumbest libs on twitter are now blaming every single thing on chapotraphouse, lol
https://twitter.com/xeni/status/1254554756959186944

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Victory Position posted:

hey, hey, we've got some time to get some anti-Catholic League shenanigans going, because who knows what the Jesuits are planning next!?

the main Jesuit conspiracy at the moment in the US is stopping grad workers from unionizing at their universities

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

The Muppets On PCP posted:

yeah in terms of raw numbers evangelicals are about where mainline protestants were 10-15 years ago but they're dropping off just as quickly

one of these days a southern church is going to sue some gaming company for giving the catholic church free marketing as the vast majority of online religious weirdos are catholic cause of all the deus vult poo poo. without an online base you don't have anywhere to go as that's where 99% of young people spend their time these days.

fermun posted:

all the dumbest libs on twitter are now blaming every single thing on chapotraphouse, lol

oh HELL yes

Lady Militant has issued a correction as of 02:12 on Apr 27, 2020

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fermun posted:

https://twitter.com/jonny290/status/1196963314971996160

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

fermun posted:

I wonder if she hate-reads cspam

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Atrocious Joe posted:

the main Jesuit conspiracy at the moment in the US is stopping grad workers from unionizing at their universities

its a pity we killed all the good ones

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

I am Above podcast drama but it is funny that this is the same person

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

cool dance moves posted:

I wonder if she hate-reads cspam

at some point we are going to beat laissez-faire in terms of Perceived Online Weight

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Omg they are that insane white lady. Lol

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

dead gay comedy forums posted:

at some point we are going to beat laissez-faire in terms of Perceived Online Weight

I dunno man, LF had Caro and Vilerat, we havent had the secret service called on us once. We gotta step it up JOKE PARODY JOKE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
i bet she posts on kiwifarms lol