Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

TheBizzness posted:

Is it possible for your original villagers to move out? I like Axel but he ain’t Al, that’s for sure.

yes flip was one of my first two starters and he moved out about a week ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkannoyed
Oct 31, 2003

If you're dissatisfied, disappear.
Shutting my gates. Thanks for coming!

Nice!

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
Opening up my island. I have a whole lot of fossils and some recipes that need to get gone. They're to the left before the turnip field. Please don't take money from my money trees.

Ables does not have much and neither does Nooks. Also excuse my mess of an island.

Dodo code is closed

DoYouHasaRabbit fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Apr 27, 2020

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Macaluso posted:

Is there a way to get stones besides rocks? Going to an island after you use up yours for the day is pointless since island rocks drop way more iron than stones
when you're on an island, don't forget to eat a fruit after mining all you can from each rock, then smashing it for +1 rock

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I will never let my first villager that's named Mac move out. I want the stupid cow out

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Oxyclean posted:

Apparently the 1.2 patch made it so time travelling (backwards?) resets your turnip pattern. So you could theoretically keep re-rolling?

or does time travelling backwards rot your turnips?

Time traveling backwards does reroll both Nook's buying price and Daisy Mae's selling price now. I'm not sure if it changes the pattern or not, but I'll try it out this week because I am curious.

Granted, it's only good for getting a spike for other people, since it does rot your turnips.

Chris Pistols posted:

How do I change a villager's nickname for me? I was an idiot and didn't realise I could decline the default and write my own hilarious nickname - I just picked the default and now others are asking to call me 'funky'.

I asked Isabelle to have a word, but that hasn't done the trick. Will they eventually get bored and decide to change it?

Sprinkle wanted to call me glitter, and I didn't want to turn her down so I just accepted it. And then it started spreading.

However, now Sprinkle has decided to call me Superstar instead, so I guess it pays off letting her nickname me.

LonelyMudkip
Jul 19, 2016

It's my birthday today! I'm gonna leave Kotare open while I'm AFK hanging out with my mum and eating cake. Southern Hemisphere, cherries native, currently midday and raining. Come help yourself to fruit and free stuff on the beach! I have a butt-ton of fossils gathering dust

- K.K. is here!
- Nook's Cranny has fragrance sticks and a magic kit. Flowers are roses, lilies and cosmos.
- Able Sisters' has dance team jackets and pants, noble pants, fashionable royal dresses, mysterious dresses, elegant hats, explorers hats, tiaras, pixel shades, round shades, tortoise specs, strappy heels and more
- Last I checked, Bruce was crafting a sled.

Code: KTXPF

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Nessa posted:

So flower breeding seems really confusing. I just had a pink tulip sprout up next to a yellow one and the next nearest tulip was white.

The color of a flower tells you very little about what what kind of colors it can make, cause behind the scenes there are 3 Mendelian gene pairs (4 for roses) that actually control the color. So there are, let’s see...9 different tulip genotypes that make yellow, and 5 that make white. Only one that makes pink, but there are lots of combos of the previous two that can get you there.

Only way to know a flowers genotype for sure is planting the seeds yourself, taking it from a tour island, or VERY carefully planning and keeping track of your breeding efforts.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Arkannoyed posted:

Shutting my gates. Thanks for coming!

Nice!

Your bulletin board is criminally bare, so it was the least I could do - thanks for the spare recipes!

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Man Musk posted:

are there any tunes with the same feel as Westminster Quarters? i'd try Westminster Quarters, but you know, the entire key of C situation in this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ce8iZQgHQQ
The letter of the key doesn't particularly matter as long as its a Major key (it is). You can transpose up or down and the overall melody will sound pretty much the same unless you have perfect pitch, and can say the name of a note just by hearing it.

Here's a version of the full hour chime that sounds fine in C.
I don't feel like doing screenshot SD card transfer rigamarole right now, so you get text version:
CEDG- CDEC- ECDG- GDEC-

You can do it in either the upper or lower octave in the game.

The chime would normally require 20 beats: 4 bars of 5/4, with the 4th chime in each bar being held for 2 beats (a half note).
But since island tunes can only be 16 beats long, you can either forgo the held notes to fit the whole melody in there, or choose two or three measures (10 or 15 beats respectively) from it and just use those, with silent notes at the end.

To extend a note by a single beat, use the purple frog with a dash, second from bottom (very bottom is silent, rest note).

Edit: By they way, not sure if others have noted yet, but its kinda neat that all the door chimes also change based on which notes you use in your island tune.

peepsalot fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Apr 27, 2020

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

SilentChaz posted:

Moose the mouse is in boxes if anyone wants him. He's in the house to the left of the plaza.

Redd's: All fakes (Girl w. the Pearl Earring, Beauty Looking Back/Graceful Painting, Olmec head) and picnic set and shaved-ice maker. I already bought the fake terra cotta warrior because with the shovel he's perfect for a garden. :3:

Ables': Mummy and imp heads, blossoming kimonos, anorak jackets, football shirts, floral skirts and concierge uniforms

Nook's Cranny: Cat tower (in blue) and hanging scroll are in limited supply. They also have a hamster in a cage and a sewing project. Seeds available are red/white/yellow hyacinths, tulips and pansies

Doesn't seem like anyone is making anything right now.

I put out a bunch of fossils, a few DIY recipes and a bunch of cutting boards out to the right of the airport. You can take fruit from the trees if you want, too.

I'll be AFK for a couple of hours but feel free to come help yourself.

Dodo code: CLOSED

Closed now. Thanks for stopping by if you did! Appreciate the bells and new DIY recipes. I'll save the rest of the cutting boards for another time.

Gadd
Apr 21, 2020

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Opening up my island. I have a whole lot of fossils and some recipes that need to get gone. They're to the left before the turnip field. Please don't take money from my money trees.

Ables does not have much and neither does Nooks. Also excuse my mess of an island.

Dodo code is 24YQ6

Your island kicks rear end, first and foremost.

Secondly, I've been looking all over for a street organ like the one you have in front of your music deck area. Is there any way I could persuade you to send me one? I'd be willing to help you out with something you need and/or pay for it, of course.

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier

LonelyMudkip posted:

It's my birthday today!

Connection issues ate my first drawing, so I gave you another. I got a screenshot I'll post later. :)

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007

Gadd posted:

Your island kicks rear end, first and foremost.

Secondly, I've been looking all over for a street organ like the one you have in front of your music deck area. Is there any way I could persuade you to send me one? I'd be willing to help you out with something you need and/or pay for it, of course.
I can give it to you. Do you have any arcade/game stuff by chance I could catalogue? If not that's fine you can still have the organ.

Dodo code is the same 24YQ6

Gadd
Apr 21, 2020

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

I can give it to you. Do you have any arcade/game stuff by chance I could catalogue? If not that's fine you can still have the organ.

Dodo code is the same 24YQ6

None of the actual arcade machines but I got some arcade adjacent stuff you might like. OMW.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

LonelyMudkip posted:

It's my birthday today! I'm gonna leave Kotare open while I'm AFK hanging out with my mum and eating cake. Southern Hemisphere, cherries native, currently midday and raining. Come help yourself to fruit and free stuff on the beach! I have a butt-ton of fossils gathering dust

- K.K. is here!
- Nook's Cranny has fragrance sticks and a magic kit. Flowers are roses, lilies and cosmos.
- Able Sisters' has dance team jackets and pants, noble pants, fashionable royal dresses, mysterious dresses, elegant hats, explorers hats, tiaras, pixel shades, round shades, tortoise specs, strappy heels and more
- Last I checked, Bruce was crafting a sled.

Code: KTXPF

Happy birthday! Your island is really well done!

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

LonelyMudkip posted:

It's my birthday today!

Happy Birthday! I was impressed by your island.

I’m also impressed by how bad the online in this game is.

BIGTITTYVEGANGIRL
Dec 17, 2019
I’m gonna open my island for a while today.

Nooks and Ables are still open and have some neat things if you wanna poke around.

You can check out the dive bar in my goth house basement!

I have a boardwalk in progress on the west side of my island and I’m putting together a restaurant on the northeast side! Please let me know what you would add/change

I need some soft wood to build a bunch of chairs for the restaurant and I’m building an incline to the restaurant if you wanted to contribute, but it’s totally not mandatory.

There’s also some random free stuff by the entrance that you can take if you wanna

BB0Q4

BIGTITTYVEGANGIRL fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Apr 27, 2020

Intl Cron
Dec 5, 2005

I'm just an olde-fashioned cowboy...
I'll never stop being angry about this multiplayer business

Ever

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

BIGTITTYVEGANGIRL posted:

I can't stop by, but I need to seem some pics of that setup.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Intl Cron posted:

I'll never stop being angry about this multiplayer business

Please end the conversation!

Please close the window!

Looks like someone's on their way here!

[saving]

[arrival animation]

Intl Cron
Dec 5, 2005

I'm just an olde-fashioned cowboy...

Captain Hygiene posted:

Please end the conversation!

Please close the window!

Looks like someone's on their way here!

[saving]

[arrival animation]

Please don't hurt me like this

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Duckburg has shooting stars. There's no sign of Celeste, but Lief is here with Azaleas and Camelias. Able sisters have cop outfits, if you're into that, fascist. Able sisters are closed

Soleil is making Ironwood cupboards, she's all the way to the left across the bridge north, follow the poops

Also come peruse my massive pile of extra fossils and crap.

If you have an extra coprolite I'm collecting them.

Edit: closed

Gonna keep it open while I goof off on YouTube and cook dinner

Gangringo fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Apr 27, 2020

kripes
Aug 14, 2002

BRRRRRAAAAAIIIINNNNSSS

Gangringo posted:

Duckburg has shooting stars. There's no sign of Celeste, but Lief is here with Azaleas and Camelias. Able sisters have cop outfits, if you're into that, fascist.

MYVBD

Can't seem to join my brother

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

kripes posted:

Can't seem to join my brother

Fixed it

BIGTITTYVEGANGIRL
Dec 17, 2019

Nooks are still open and have some neat things if you wanna poke around.

I have a boardwalk in progress on the west side of my island and I’m putting together a restaurant on the northeast side! Please let me know what you would add/change

I need some soft wood to build a bunch of chairs for the restaurant and I’m building an incline to the restaurant if you wanted to contribute, but it’s totally not mandatory.

There’s also some random free stuff by the entrance that you can take if you wanna

Closed for now! I’ve got lots of wood to craft with. Thanks everyone!

Oh no comm. error!!! New code up so please come back everyone!

BIGTITTYVEGANGIRL fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 27, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

drat, my most OG villager wants to move out. On the plus side, he's been one of the most fun and upbeat ones this whole time.

On the other hand, he did just start calling me "champ", and did an absolutely uncalled for "call the fire department"-level burn on me when I changed his catchphrase to WTF?.

Decisions, decisions...

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Nooks and Ables are still open and have some neat things if you wanna poke around.

BB0Q4

Whoops! Guess I took too long.

Edit Whoops again! I'll try again.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The absolute best music in this entire game is the tune that plays if you're in the Nooklings' shop in the 10 or so minutes before they close.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Oh no comm. error!!! New code up so please come back everyone!

Thanks for the add! I'm not sure if it's me, but the friend code I entered from the spreadsheet didn't seem to work!

I just sent you an arcade. Do you want anything for those two machines? I would greatly appreciate it!

I can also send:
-Colorful wheel (black and red or the blue/white numbered one)
-Another arcade machine
-different floor light colors
-The, like, 120k it probably requires to send those.

Prowler fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Apr 27, 2020

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Poque posted:

The absolute best music in this entire game is the tune that plays if you're in the Nooklings' shop in the 10 or so minutes before they close.

Gonna need to back this up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q84Ps9lps0c

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

That's good, but I need a hack to play the final hours music instead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbR5WcyWl18

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Gangringo posted:

Duckburg has shooting stars. There's no sign of Celeste, but Lief is here with Azaleas and Camelias. Able sisters have cop outfits, if you're into that, fascist.

Soleil is making Ironwood cupboards, she's all the way to the left across the bridge north, follow the poops

Edit: fixed MTVBD

Thanks for opening up, my wife was psyched to find an Able's still open + ironwood recipe.

BIGTITTYVEGANGIRL
Dec 17, 2019

Prowler posted:

Thanks for the add! I'm not sure if it's me, but the friend code I entered from the spreadsheet didn't seem to work!

I just sent you an arcade. Do you want anything for those two machines? I would greatly appreciate it!

I can also send:
-Colorful wheel (black and red or the blue/white numbered one)
-Another arcade machine
-different floor light colors
-The, like, 120k it probably requires to send those.

Oooooh thanks for sending the bells and arcade machine!! I would love to have both wheels and the lights actually but I can come catalogue them another time if it’s a lot of money to send them!

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
e: closed

Goodpart fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Apr 27, 2020

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

E-flat posted:

Man, people in this thread can take some excellent pictures!

Is Bea one of the new villagers? She's a brown pup with darker/redder fur around her muzzle. She's adorable and with a name like Bea she's going to fit so well on the island of 3 Flats :3:

I looked it up and apparently Bea has been around since the very beginning of the series, there's just so many villagers that you can go multiple games without seeing all of them.

Plant MONSTER. posted:

That flesh room is pure terror.

I want to feed it little cakes and candies.

God, I want to visit Bogleeches spooky village so bad. Creepy animal crossing dream towns were so fun and creative, I hope they bring back the dream suite and they make a comeback: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pSoYOiJWTI

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Gangringo posted:

Edit: fixed MTVBD

Beautiful island and one hell of a villager collection! Thanks for opening up.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Oh man the lack of pattern slots is way too small for the stuff I want to do. Another fix is to just leave the old patterns be without updating it when I download a new one.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://twitter.com/tweeterisawful/status/1254598887970488320

ChikoDemono posted:

Wanted to give you an update on Cube. He still has the butterfly you gave him. Proudly displayed.

Awww. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

I know it's artistic, but I'm still surprised they have nude statues and paintings in this game. I'm guessing the old ones did, too?