Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

playing 40 minutes a night for a doomed rockets squad probably wasn’t great for his long term health either (if you’ve ever watched the 99 rockets-lakers first round series, scottie looks loving gassed chasing around an out of his prime glen rice and rick fox)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

MourningView posted:

Scottie was pretty cooked by 98, his back was wrecked and he had the foot thing. He hung around for quite awhile (and, good for him, finally made real money) and had some moments but he was never even close to the same player. He got screwed on pay by the Bulls (though he and his agent deserve some blame for agreeing to such a long deal without considering that it might look bad at the end) but they probably let him go at the right time.

Pmuch. Pippen on the Blazers wasn't Hakeem on the Raptors level of cringeworthy, but it wasn't pretty.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

MourningView posted:

Scottie was pretty cooked by 98, his back was wrecked and he had the foot thing. He hung around for quite awhile (and, good for him, finally made real money) and had some moments but he was never even close to the same player. He got screwed on pay by the Bulls (though he and his agent deserve some blame for agreeing to such a long deal without considering that it might look bad at the end) but they probably let him go at the right time.

His agents apparently also advised him not to sign the deal

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
in the episode, even Reinsdorf and Krause are telling him that he shouldn't sign it; I know he said he didn't wanna risk injury/not be able to provide for his people; but still even 1 year at 2.75 at that time; would be enough to provide to a lot of people. Especially with him going on and on about knowing his value, his worth. I guess it was just ill-timed with the league revenues/salaries exploding because of him (and that MJ guy)

at least he got paid in the end; oof lol that he got another $10mil from Chicago later, forgot about that

In order for the Rockets to create enough salary-cap room to acquire Pippen, Charles Barkley said that he sacrificed greatly as he signed a five-year $67.2 million contract before the previous season.[50] Pippen's salary was $11 million, almost four times as much as his salary the previous season with the Chicago Bulls, $2.775 million.[44]

Good ol Chuck :unsmith:

I had high hopes for this documentary based on 30for30 stuff but when I read that Jordan basically had Final Cut; kinda vanished and feels like a puff-piece and Jordan wanting to poo poo all over Krause for 10 hours

The doc is also all over the loving place, from the Pippen house, to Jordan in College, to Jordan vs Bird to Pippen being a complete shithead, to Michael's brothers. I can see why it's been sitting in the vault for 20 years

Hirez fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 22, 2020

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I do not believe a single loving thing that Reinsdorf says, if he really thought Pippen shouldn't take it he could have offered him more or renegotiated it later.

The absolute shittiest part of the doc is that Reinsdorf is on there playing the reasonable benevolent owner while letting a dead guy take all the bullets for him being a tight rear end.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Reinsdorf had said way back before the Sox won the series in 05 that he would trade all of the Bulls championships for one White Sox one. He has never really cared about running a successful Bulls team, just wants it to be profitable. He sucks as much as Krause did, he even admitted in the doc that they thought about blowing up the team after 97. He will always be a cheap rear end with the Bulls, and is overly loyal to his front office people.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

it's crazy looking at the years right after the 95 cap jump; jordan as the 32nd highest paid player in the league behind dudes like danny ferry and sam bowie

anyways here's a super crunchy article about what exactly the bulls could have done to not rip off their second best player and stay under the cap: https://earlybirdrights.com/2020/04/20/the-last-dance-scottie-pippen-salary-michael-jordan-chicago-bulls-jerry-krause/

(it probably would've involved pippen taking an extension like with the first 7 year deal and at that point he would've been under contract until 2000 i.e. his age 35 season so in the long run he probably would've lost money but hey there you go)

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Jordan got locked into a similar deal where it was for a fairly long term and very quickly became a huge underpay but they made it up to him for his last two years where he was on one year deals for like $35 million or something and by far the highest paid guy in the league. Also his salary generally was a drop in the bucket compared to his endorsement stuff which was not true of Scottie as evidenced by his most famous ad being about loving a large sandwich

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

MourningView posted:

The absolute shittiest part of the doc is that Reinsdorf is on there playing the reasonable benevolent owner while letting a dead guy take all the bullets for him being a tight rear end.

This is not an issue for me because my brain immediately takes anything Jerry Reinsdorf says and paints it in the most negative light possible.

It helps that within the first five minutes of the doc, you have him dithering about whether or not he should break up a team that just won its fifth title in seven years. I imagine they've gotta include the moment of him telling Jordan he'll regret giving him those $30+ million deals, too

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i acquired the leaked last dance episodes and episodes 3-10 are all involved with asking various members of the '98 bulls if derrick rose is "back"

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Episode 4 is getting pretty juicy, can't get enough of this poo poo.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Kim Jong Un interviewed and it would say “Korean basketball fan”

https://youtu.be/ZRbp3BbXu40

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I'm cathing the rerun of episosde 1 and lol at MJ's "good wholesome boy who loves with his mom and doesn't do drugs" schtick

gambling like a motherfucker is cool tho

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I'm cathing the rerun of episosde 1 and lol at MJ's "good wholesome boy who loves with his mom and doesn't do drugs" schtick

gambling like a motherfucker is cool tho

gambling is extremely cool imo

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1254562460712960000

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

who do you think is the funniest 80s bull to have turned a young jordan onto the gambling lifestyle, my vote is the immortal Dave Corzine

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

R.D. Mangles posted:

who do you think is the funniest 80s bull to have turned a young jordan onto the gambling lifestyle, my vote is the immortal Dave Corzine

https://twitter.com/AtownToby/status/1252746336769802241?s=19

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Oh poo poo, is this a Dennis Rodman-centric episode? I loooooooved watching Rodman play; that scrappy poo poo is how I always played. I knew I couldn't shoot, but I also knew I could come down with more rebounds than anybody and get the ball where it needed to be.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Rodman was my favorite player back then so I love this poo poo.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

surf rock posted:

Oh poo poo, is this a Dennis Rodman-centric episode? I loooooooved watching Rodman play; that scrappy poo poo is how I always played. I knew I couldn't shoot, but I also knew I could come down with more rebounds than anybody and get the ball where it needed to be.

Amen. I couldn’t shoot or handle the ball for poo poo but cleaning the boards and locking down people on defense is just as valuable.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Rodman drinking a Miller Lite on his way to the locker room is some 90s as hell energy

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Dennis' nails are on point

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Dango Bango posted:

Dennis' nails are on point

https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/status/1254571400548868096?s=19

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

it's very interesting that both Scottie and Dennis came from similar upbringings and tiny-rear end colleges

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Holy poo poo Rodman breaking down his rebounding is fascinating

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

he just fucks everything up, lmao so true

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

lol "if you're gonna foul 'em, foul 'em"

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
"They acquired the moniker the 'Bad Boys'" is the funniest way I can imagine describing this Detroit team

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Loving this "brutal foul" compilation

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Doug Collins lmao

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

lmao the gambling on the bus

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I enjoy how none of piston highlights show them making baskets.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

why does Oakley look like he's getting loose for a bowling tournament

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
As a Michigan kid, I loved these Pistons teams, but I have to admit that if it was any other team doing this poo poo I would have loving hated them.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

ah poo poo I forgot this was on tonight, gonna watch it tomorrow morning

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

These young Jordan clips very much own.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

BWV posted:

These young Jordan clips very much own.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

cleveland

great team

pick one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU