Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Pilchenstein posted:

Yeah, the debate is whether it makes him untargetable permanently or just by spells currently in the stack. I would hope it's the latter but they've not worded it clearly (as one of the loading screen tips says, if an effect doesn't say how long it lasts it's permanent).

Judging from the text and what's shown in the video, I think it will only affect the spells currently in the stack when the ability is triggered, if they made untargetable as a tag it would have been way easier to tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

it's 100% a reactive deny on any spell that is targeting him from the stack. He also gets elusive only for the turn you cast a spell as well (though casting 1 spell is such an easy req he will basically be perma elusive anyway)

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
So I sorta overlooked this, but Platewyrm egg puts Brood awakening to shame, will have to see how many cards add treasure into your deck to toss and how degenerate a maokai/naut deck will be.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 26, 2020

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
I think tossing them only puts it in hand instead of discarding it from the deck, you have to play them as normal, unless I'm reading it incorrectly. Still 3 5/5 with fearsome and a late game trigger buff to 8/8 for a 5 slow spell is ridiculously powerful. It puts all the other 5/6 mana summoning spells to shame.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
This is all going to come down to how bad/late the treasure granting cards are. Hoarder seems pretty restrained so I'm not too worried so far.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Treasure is basically the secondary pay off in a toss/deep deck. They're all 5 mana cards to begin with, and you have to generate them with other cards too, then either draw or toss them to actually have them in hand. Importantly they're generated in the bottom 15 cards of your deck, so that means you either have to be getting close to deck out in a deep deck, or tossing yourself hardcore to get them reasonably fast.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Powder Barrel strats look fun but GP is gonna be monumentally hard to level, which I guess is fair for basically summoning a Funsmith every round? I expect him to get a buff for how many rounds he'll need to be damaging the Nexus.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Monathin posted:

Powder Barrel strats look fun but GP is gonna be monumentally hard to level, which I guess is fair for basically summoning a Funsmith every round? I expect him to get a buff for how many rounds he'll need to be damaging the Nexus.

I dont think it'll be that hard just slow. Bilgewater is already showing a lot of easy ways to damage the nexus, and you can always add some overwhelm into your deck to seal the deal. So it should be fairly easy but the earliest you can level him is turn 10 where most games are pretty close to decided anyway.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Parley being slow is brutal.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

It's sad that the ally I'm still looking forward to playing the most is the free 3/2

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

d0grent posted:

I dont think it'll be that hard just slow. Bilgewater is already showing a lot of easy ways to damage the nexus, and you can always add some overwhelm into your deck to seal the deal. So it should be fairly easy but the earliest you can level him is turn 10 where most games are pretty close to decided anyway.

I think the slowness of GP's leveling is going to kill him stone dead for a lot of decks, in all honesty. I expect that 5 rounds will be reduced to 3 pretty quickly.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Monathin posted:

I think the slowness of GP's leveling is going to kill him stone dead for a lot of decks, in all honesty. I expect that 5 rounds will be reduced to 3 pretty quickly.

It’s yours and opponent’s remember, it’ll be a lot faster than you expect and his body is plenty beefy to begin with. Also, it isn’t an I’ve seen, he can come in levelled up if you dealt damage every turn before you play him on curve. Like Ashe/Yasuo.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

His leveled effect is totally insane so it's meant to happen late.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?

No Wave posted:

It’s just an unleveled Anivia effect. Or leveled Anivia with a barrel out.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

you can have more than 1 barrel out though so it could do up to 5 damage to all enemy units lol

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
But they’re vulnerable, so if your opponent is in a state where they can’t deny multiple barrels, you’ve already won the game.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Gonna build a deck to purify a barrel and buff it up to lethal the opponent, nobody gonna tell me I can't attack with a barrel.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

No Wave posted:

It's entire possible it happens on the turn you play him, which is a lot faster than Anivia levels up, better statted body too, without the immortality admittedly.

Also remember that Gangplank isn't the only source of barrels, he's just a constant source of barrels.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

d0grent posted:

His levelup doesn't require him to be on board to see you deal the damage, you can just keep popping any of the 1 damage effects every turn and pop him fully leveled on 5.

The barrels are kinda gonna be absurd for a lot of spells and skills, just think how many cards are good just because they have enough health to avoid mystic shots and vile feasts, now imagine a 3 damage withering wail or 3 drain vile or 5 drain grasp.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

His levelup doesn't require him to be on board to see you deal the damage, you can just keep popping any of the 1 damage effects every turn and pop him fully leveled on 5.

The barrels are kinda gonna be absurd for a lot of spells and skills, just think how many cards are good just because they have enough health to avoid mystic shots and vile feasts, now imagine a 3 damage withering wail or 3 drain vile or 5 drain grasp.

I mean I expect bilgewater noxus with the new 2/3 that pings 1 of your units for 1 to hit the enemy nexus for 2 seems perfect for keeping GP levels rolling.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Wollawolla posted:

It’s just an unleveled Anivia effect. Or leveled Anivia with a barrel out.
At which point you're comparing a 5 mana 6/6 overwhelm to a 7 mana 3/5. Ofc the former will require investment.

Also,

https://twitter.com/PlayRuneterra/status/1254591344183394305
https://twitter.com/PlayRuneterra/status/1254591595569188865
https://twitter.com/PlayRuneterra/status/1254591595661242368

TF looks really good to me. Being able to run a withering wail effect that you can cycle out seems so strong. And then he's a crappy body that already got value that your opponent has to remove or they lose the game.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Apr 27, 2020

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Man weenie decks are hosed with all these aoe skills floating around the new set.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Now that's a champ I wanna play with.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

DrManiac posted:

Man weenie decks are hosed with all these aoe skills floating around the new set.

conversely all the Draw (fleeting) will work really well with dump your hand aggro

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Oh. That's stupidly strong then.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
My biggest disappointment about Gangplank is the absence of a dedicated "Oranges" card either as a cleanse or deny effect. Goodbye to all my Monkey Island 3 memes.

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer
Tomorrow the weekly vault rewards are given out.
Should we wait until the 30th to open the chests for a chance of new cards?
Or does the patch drop tomorrow and only the mobile part launches on the 30th?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Angry Lobster posted:

My biggest disappointment about Gangplank is the absence of a dedicated "Oranges" card either as a cleanse or deny effect. Goodbye to all my Monkey Island 3 memes.

Still more cards to be released.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Citrus Courier, the 6 mana 4/5 that heals all allies by 3 and rallies, is probably what we're going to get on that front.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Hoping they nerf the poo poo out of karma and ez in the patch :v:

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Pilchenstein posted:

Unlikely with them adding a bunch of new cards, including stuff that specifically is designed to be fast/aggro and shutdown control decks like Karma/Ez.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

Turambar posted:

Tomorrow the weekly vault rewards are given out.
Should we wait until the 30th to open the chests for a chance of new cards?
Or does the patch drop tomorrow and only the mobile part launches on the 30th?

I'm definitely not opening / touching anything. I haven't touched my Region rewards in two weeks. In theory, they should all spill over into the new region.

Right?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

According to reddit the vault is going to be locked until the patch drops

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

miss fortune is hosed up:

https://twitter.com/PlayRuneterra/status/1254802737369407489
https://twitter.com/PlayRuneterra/status/1254802988830425094

I would rank the bilge champs:

1.) MF
2.) TF
3.) GP
4.) Fizz
5.) Nautilus

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

between MF's skill and also make it rain hitting the nexus, GP will be very easy to level up. Apparently the make it rain targets also count towards Ezreal's level up.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Pilchenstein posted:

Sorry gonna play spooky Karma on day 1 of the new patch

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Wow:

quote:

Playing Units on Full Boards

Having a full board of 6 units no longer prevents you from playing additional units—you may now do so and select a current unit to be Obliterated, with your new unit replacing it.
This won’t trigger Last Breath effects, because the replaced unit doesn’t die.
If the new unit you played makes more units after being summoned, those will still “overflow” and be Obliterated—you can’t make more space beyond the unit you’re replacing. (You can also still play spells that generate units on a full board, but they’ll “overflow” too, so maybe don’t do that!)
We made this change so that longer games will retain more interesting decisions even late into the game when boards are filling up. We want you to be able to keep playing the sweet units you draw, if you want to, and until this patch, you were essentially locked out if you had a full board of 6 units—you couldn’t play any more from your hand. Now, you can replace one of your units on a full board with the new one played from hand—choose the one you want to replace and it gets Obliterated.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Well, this actually messes with my gameplan verses undying synergy and some elusives games, as being able to lock them on a board with less than optimal units was actually useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It doesnt really change the meta and it was super, super frustrating when it happened vs elusives (getting boardlocked vs elusives and getting 7 mana rhasa'd are my worst runeterra memories). Glad both of them can't happen anymore.