Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Never.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Class reset items must be very rare. Haven’t seen one at 6 beasts in. I wish I had taken Reisz down the dark path because Hawkeye and Angela have hefty damage modifiers on debuffed enemies but no consistent ways to apply. Oh well, not much game left I guess. Feels like my party building is just getting started!

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

ultrachrist posted:

Class reset items must be very rare. Haven’t seen one at 6 beasts in. I wish I had taken Reisz down the dark path because Hawkeye and Angela have hefty damage modifiers on debuffed enemies but no consistent ways to apply. Oh well, not much game left I guess. Feels like my party building is just getting started!

I only found them in the penultimate dungeon and the postgame area.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

New Question: In NG+ do the enemies levels increase to meet you or is 90% of the game an utter triviality?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Currently getting my butt kicked by Xan Bie. Even at roughly equivalent level it doesn't seem possible to beat all three idols before the explosion. Very annoying.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Okay, so when it says that there's a limited number of stat elixers, does that mean there's a fixed amount I can get from item seeds?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

ChrisBTY posted:

New Question: In NG+ do the enemies levels increase to meet you or is 90% of the game an utter triviality?

No, but if you switch to the three characters you didn't use, they'll be the default level, too.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Defiance Industries posted:

And if you go to Class 4 with Kevin he has a solo boss fight so he'll outlevel you regardless. Best to make peace with it now.

Same for Duran, except I spoke to the dude as Charlotte so she kill stole all the xp for that fight :shrug:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Gotta say, the best video games of the year so far are Trials of Mana and FF7R, tied. They really know their way around a remake. I never played SD3 or the re-release so this is all fresh to me, but it is really hooking me.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Rand Brittain posted:

Currently getting my butt kicked by Xan Bie. Even at roughly equivalent level it doesn't seem possible to beat all three idols before the explosion. Very annoying.

Save your CS for them. A lv 1 CS will kill them or almost kill them. The game starts using this trick a whole lot towards the end.

There was an endgame-ish boss Malochio or w/e his name is that required even more planning, since the targets move and most CS moves miss. Had to save Angela's lv 3 CS for them (and break pots if she didn't have the %).

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Hard is a good difficulty. Most normal trash mob fights are easy enough, but once in a while you get a fight with like 5-7 enemies and poo poo gets really crazy. There’s one in Fiery Gorge right before the end with like three knights and two ninjas and a couple other enemies that was insanely hard. And then the bosses have all been challenging in different ways and most of them have been fair. Genova was total chaos by the end and I barely survived. Same with Grapplevine or whatever, that dude hosed me up. Poison bubble is no joke. In his second face he is relentless and barely gives you time to attack. I’m like 3-4 levels ahead of these bosses and still getting wrecked, it owns.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

i dunno if anyone said it yet but the moon tower is a good place to farm ??? seeds if you need them the silver wolf guys drop them

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Hard is a good difficulty. Most normal trash mob fights are easy enough, but once in a while you get a fight with like 5-7 enemies and poo poo gets really crazy. There’s one in Fiery Gorge right before the end with like three knights and two ninjas and a couple other enemies that was insanely hard. And then the bosses have all been challenging in different ways and most of them have been fair. Genova was total chaos by the end and I barely survived. Same with Grapplevine or whatever, that dude hosed me up. Poison bubble is no joke. In his second face he is relentless and barely gives you time to attack. I’m like 3-4 levels ahead of these bosses and still getting wrecked, it owns.

Hard's been a good fit so far, yeah. Only fight so far I've felt like was complete horseshit was the triple Machine Golem fight, due to your AI compatriots just not being able to handle that many AoE markers flying around dealing 2 to 3-shot damage. I eventually just emptied Angela's MP to burn down one of them then let her stay dead while I cleaned up the fight with Duran and Hawkeye and I still emptied my entire fight's allotment of Cup of Wishes and Chocolate. (I was also like three levels below them so that probably didn't help.)

That said, later fights ABSOLUTELY expect you to be holding on to your Class Strikes mid-fight for mechanics, which can be annoying until you get used to it, but then you remember the original's way of handling Class Strikes was about 1/3 of the way through the game to start having most bosses and even dangerous common enemies to punch you in the dick with fullscreen counters for even thinking about touching them, so I much prefer the remake's approach to their use.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Mr. Locke posted:

but then you remember the original's way of handling Class Strikes was about 1/3 of the way through the game to start having most bosses and even dangerous common enemies to punch you in the dick with fullscreen counters for even thinking about touching them, so I much prefer the remake's approach to their use.

this is one of my favorite changes they made. having your entire crew get oneshotted by some rando enemy counter was brutal.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
Class strikes or not, I've never managed to destroy all the things that stop a giant attack in any single boss fight I've been in, so by endgame I'm just throwing Def + scales on everyone, poto-oil healing and holding on to my rear end until the damage stops.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Rand Brittain posted:

Definitely save your class strikes for those, and use one on each altar.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I wish I could choose which spells characters will automatically cast. Riesz I don't need you to cast a summon when there is one enemy left at half life.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
so for the third class change, do i need to go to the sanctuary and use the statue or is there something in the postgame dungeon that can do it?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Defiance Industries posted:

And if you go to Class 4 with Kevin he has a solo boss fight so he'll outlevel you regardless. Best to make peace with it now.

Good thing Kevin's always my main :smug:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Inflammatory posted:

so for the third class change, do i need to go to the sanctuary and use the statue or is there something in the postgame dungeon that can do it?

Gotta go back to the statue.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ethiser posted:

I wish I could choose which spells characters will automatically cast. Riesz I don't need you to cast a summon when there is one enemy left at half life.

Yeah it would be nice to have just a little more control over how your AI partners behave.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Mispolm was really fun but I had to solo basically the entire thing. Are you supposed to stun it out of that vine shooting attack? because it comes out quite quickly so I just run like hell. The two AI team members immediately die to it.

Riesz: "Is that the Benevodon of Wood? It's cute! *is immediately killed*"

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You're supposed to jump over the vine. Same deal with Dolan's smash attack.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Oh yeah the jump rope stuff was fine (and a really fun addition to the fight, the audio cue is a nice touch), I mean when its adds skewer the battlefield with vines that do something like 300 damage on hit. I can run away from it just fine but anybody standing too close to Mispolm itself (i.e. the AI companions) just gets deleted. Maybe it's possible to exploit the pizza-cutter tracking in a way that avoids damage to your party members, but it seems like it would be very tricky.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Fister Roboto posted:

Definitely save your class strikes for those, and use one on each altar.

This turned out to be really good advice.

Meanwhile, I was having a really easy time with Dangaard until it decided to do the first phase transition and them immediately wipe the party with one attack. I think I will try this again tomorrow.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I defeated the Black Rabite. Pretty fun and challenging fight, and the reward was pretty :O to recieve. Also collected all the L'il Cactuses. Protip, you can look at various areas by pulling up the map while you're flying on Flammie to see if you're missing treasures or cactus in them, though some areas you'll have to check manually. Looking forward to feeling godly overpowered when I do a New Game+ with my characters there being able to use all these overpowered chain abilities.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Alxprit posted:

I defeated the Black Rabite. Pretty fun and challenging fight, and the reward was pretty :O to recieve. Also collected all the L'il Cactuses. Protip, you can look at various areas by pulling up the map while you're flying on Flammie to see if you're missing treasures or cactus in them, though some areas you'll have to check manually. Looking forward to feeling godly overpowered when I do a New Game+ with my characters there being able to use all these overpowered chain abilities.

The Flammie world map just has places she can land, but the ground world map has everywhere you've visited and you can check them the same way.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Alxprit posted:

Also collected all the L'il Cactuses. Protip, you can look at various areas by pulling up the map while you're flying on Flammie to see if you're missing treasures or cactus in them, though some areas you'll have to check manually.

Further pro tip, if you are looking for your last cactus and can't find it, it's on the other side of the cleft of the earth.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Bruceski posted:

The Flammie world map just has places she can land, but the ground world map has everywhere you've visited and you can check them the same way.

How do you look at the ground world map, then? Is it like a sub-menu when you pull up the map in general? Now that I think about it, I might like having a big spread of that world map as a wallpaper or something.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Alxprit posted:

How do you look at the ground world map, then? Is it like a sub-menu when you pull up the map in general? Now that I think about it, I might like having a big spread of that world map as a wallpaper or something.

Y on the area map

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Sapozhnik posted:

Mispolm was really fun but I had to solo basically the entire thing. Are you supposed to stun it out of that vine shooting attack? because it comes out quite quickly so I just run like hell. The two AI team members immediately die to it.

Riesz: "Is that the Benevodon of Wood? It's cute! *is immediately killed*"

yeah same here. Except replace Riesz with Hawkeye and Angela as Riesz looks on the distance

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Apr 27, 2020

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I used every rez cup in that fight, though in part I blame that on still being in my second class and it was my third Benevodon. Definitely noticed a spike in enemy difficulty there.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The wall boss in the castle that throws out traps and blows you backwards was the first instance where I realized that my AI teammates were absolutely useless until I took possession of them.

They were great at holding onto faerie walnuts for Angela to blast the poo poo out of the boss, though.

It's also when I realized that, actually, the game was going to be very hard.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Bruceski posted:

I used every rez cup in that fight, though in part I blame that on still being in my second class and it was my third Benevodon. Definitely noticed a spike in enemy difficulty there.

I've got Mispolm as the third Benevodon and that's definitely the fastest I wiped in a fight. I might just bail and come back later with a class change if he keeps kicking my rear end. If I can find any ??? Seeds.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Mispolm was the 1st I fought because beating up sexy bee ladies was the way I heard you get ??? seeds somewhat reliably. He was by far the hardest because He hit pretty hard and I was still 2nd class.
His vine wall hurts

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
I'm sure it's been asked before but do the ??? seeds work the same way as the original? You can reload and get into a fight to manipulate the RNG if you don't like the result you got at first?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Everyone talking about how Mispolm gutted them and I'm sitting here, wondering what was so hard about it.

Granted, I had Ninja Master Hawkeye for that fight and he absolutely rips it and it's adds to shreds with Thunder Technique.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Item Getter posted:

I'm sure it's been asked before but do the ??? seeds work the same way as the original? You can reload and get into a fight to manipulate the RNG if you don't like the result you got at first?

You wish buddy

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

I haven’t had much time to play, so I’m still a good ways away from the third class, but people are saying that a seed’s result is determined at the time it’s spawned. So you have to save, pick up a seed, sprout it, then reload and go get it again if you don’t like the result.

What I’ve read about the seeds seems quite disappointing, honestly, since it seems like even with a faster leveling curve, you’re still stuck waiting forever for the classes you want unless you’re really lucky.

How have people’s experiences been with getting class change items? I’ve seen people recommend the queen bees in the forest area, but I’ve also seen others say the drop rate is extremely low. I’ve also seen a recommendation for the slimes in earth area, and another person follow up saying they have a good drop rate even done as the first benevedon dungeon and without a fully upgraded pot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
I tested and ??? seeds are predetermined, they dont dupe if you have them in your inventory. having 6 from the get go guarantees at least 1 for each different class.

But for weapons/armor they do dupe, but not sure if they are also pre-determined.