Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
Very disappointed that I missed the red rose/walmart/mckinsey programmer guy discourse this weekend lol. What is with the libs doing safaris into "radical leftist" spaces? Why would you adopt the language of a group you don't share any values or goals with? Just go with the #persist dorks who genuinely feel that sending $10 to Emily's list is radical praxis.

How do you do, fellow organizers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

The somethingawful to podcast pipeline is a serious issue that none of you have addressed, very SAD

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Algund Eenboom posted:

I am Above podcast drama but it is funny that this is the same person

shes a psyop

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

are we really mentally ill if all of us are mentally ill

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fermun posted:

all the dumbest libs on twitter are now blaming every single thing on chapotraphouse, lol
https://twitter.com/xeni/status/1254554756959186944

Lol coming for white diamond and silk himself

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

all the cointelpro libs start getting rteally into FYAD

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Farm Frenzy posted:

all the cointelpro libs start getting rteally into FYAD

They went native after starting the dirtbag left movement

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I think the Chapo boys might be over exaggerating the quality of assassination 33 ad

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
whatever brain poisoning makes a chud lap up Christian media, they have the opposite sickness that still manages to warp their perceptions into liking it, which you can tell is at least partially rooted in their intense distate for liberal mass media stuff like Star Wars and MCU garbage. horseshoe theory is.. real??

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://twitter.com/xeni/status/1254167575195340802

lmao

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was fairly confident Leslie was going to win that flame war but I didn’t expect the ensuing meltdown to take on this aspect

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Algund Eenboom posted:

I am Above podcast drama but it is funny that this is the same person

17th of january, 2019

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

https://twitter.com/xeni/status/1185933912561704965

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

her and Prester Jane would have so much to talk about

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

if you're not a part of/fleeing from/designing your own cult just lmao

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Autism Sneaks posted:

her and Prester Jane would have so much to talk about

yeah people like that love patiently listening and not being the person speaking

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
XobleroneJiangular

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

yeah people like that love patiently listening and not being the person speaking

I'm sorry they didn't text back

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Jonny 290 posted:

XobleroneJiangular

lol

xeni is apparently short for "xeniflores"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Jonny 290 posted:

XobleroneJiangular

XresterJane

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Xeni is just Shanley with a checkmark

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

I think the Chapo boys might be over exaggerating the quality of assassination 33 ad

the acting is dogshit but the plot's internal logic is kinda solid

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

at 38:20 of the second video of the trueanon twitch with matt, he describes the value of art literally as the graph shown on the first page of the poetry textbook in dead poets' society

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/603800632

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Stairmaster posted:

i get the impression that they're trying to take the film on its own premises, and saying that it's reasonably produced, thematically and narratively coherent and uses the time travel gimmick in a way which helps communicate what the movie wants to communicate without falling in most of the pitfalls such films usually hit - the acting isn't great but it's not offensively bad imo and this is clearly an actual attempt to use the medium of film to reflect on american evangelical christianity's issues and problems on a deeper level rather than just a lazy cash-in

really i think they just really respect the amount of work clearly put into this thing

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

fermun posted:

all the dumbest libs on twitter are now blaming every single thing on chapotraphouse, lol
https://twitter.com/xeni/status/1254554756959186944

if only Avshalom kept her goats

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mr Hootington posted:

Omg they are that insane white lady. Lol

I think she was in a cult at one point, so I feel a little bad about goofing on her. But she's really being a huge rear end in a top hat lately.

edit: well that's what I get for not reading the latest page before posting. :blush:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
We're clearly grading on a curve with the time travel Jesus assassin movie here. Compare to God's not Dead or Left Behind and it's a cinematic masterpiece.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
if you cant appreciate an internally coherent evangelical time travel assassination movie there is something wrong with you

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Wait who do they assassinate? Is it Jesus, to make sure the prophecy is fulfilled?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Goon Danton posted:

Wait who do they assassinate? Is it Jesus, to make sure the prophecy is fulfilled?

they're trying to derail the resurrection myth, in the first instance by killing jesus before the passion, later by bringing glowsticks to his tomb (the purpose of the latter is not clear)

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Goon Danton posted:

Muslim extremists want to head off the birth of Christianity by killing jesus before his crucifixion

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

V. Illych L. posted:

i get the impression that they're trying to take the film on its own premises, and saying that it's reasonably produced, thematically and narratively coherent and uses the time travel gimmick in a way which helps communicate what the movie wants to communicate without falling in most of the pitfalls such films usually hit - the acting isn't great but it's not offensively bad imo and this is clearly an actual attempt to use the medium of film to reflect on american evangelical christianity's issues and problems on a deeper level rather than just a lazy cash-in

really i think they just really respect the amount of work clearly put into this thing

It's also the plot of a 30 year old metal album.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

gh0stpinballa posted:

online poisoning is real and it looks like this alice person has a terminal case. just today a guy started following me around twitter saying i am racist against italians for making meatless carbonara. you simply can't deal with a certain level of internet brain damage, just mute and move on (or annoy them even more to watch the fireworks).

Hahaha gently caress me the internet is small

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Coohoolin posted:

Hahaha gently caress me the internet is small

especially around SA, which given podcasts and weird left twitter is like ground zero

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

dead gay comedy forums posted:

especially around SA, which given podcasts and weird left twitter is like ground zero

Someone in the chapo shitposting fb group tried to deflect the pipeline poo poo into SA because of weev and shmorky and got all huffy when I laughed at him

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Can someone link me to a proper background on Xeni? Who the hell is she?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

TrixRabbi posted:

https://twitter.com/allisongeroi/status/1254438555381837824?s=20

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

She's like the "Mendoza Ferrer" profile, where it is a white woman with a white woman name adopting a different name to pretend to be a PoC.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

TrixRabbi posted:

She was born in 1970. Her Dad was an artist, relatively well know for his nudes and his collages. He died in 1980 and she spend her 10s and 20s being a band groupie. She became a journo in 1999, cofounded Boing Boing, got hosed over by the business side, now she is a weblogger, a digital media commentator and a tech culture journalist with changing hair color. Don't mock the 50 year old succlib. Or do when their position on rape change according to political convenience, after all i am not your dad.

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 16:47 on Apr 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lmfao white people