Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

:swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Mochi is so beautiful and so knows it.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

A gorgeous bird.

Hey, anyone want to tell me why if I try to give my boys fresh veg they act like I'm trying to poison them, but every potted plant I bring home immediately looks like it was attacked by a hole punch?

They've had a lovely breakfast of the gerbera daisy on my windowsill and they're green around the beak. I tried it too, since it's apparently edible. Pretty bitter, like dandelion greens if you've had those.

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

RoboRodent posted:

A gorgeous bird.

Hey, anyone want to tell me why if I try to give my boys fresh veg they act like I'm trying to poison them, but every potted plant I bring home immediately looks like it was attacked by a hole punch?

They've had a lovely breakfast of the gerbera daisy on my windowsill and they're green around the beak. I tried it too, since it's apparently edible. Pretty bitter, like dandelion greens if you've had those.

Forbidden things must taste better, is my guess.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Try planting the vegetables?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Right Bird is looking like he is bout to jump on your camera. I know that look.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Captain Log posted:

Right Bird is looking like he is bout to jump on your camera. I know that look.

That's Pion and yes he always prefers to be on top of the camera pecking at the screen. This photo was second attempt, first was ruined by exactly that.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
alex's new favourite thing is snow peas, in which he will use his beak to feel out where the peas are inside of the pod and surgically remove the peas, then destroying the pod

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

mediaphage posted:

alex's new favourite thing is snow peas, in which he will use his beak to feel out where the peas are inside of the pod and surgically remove the peas, then destroying the pod

To be fair, if I was presented with a vegetable bigger than my head, I'd have fun with it, too.

Captain Log, I can't see your name without immediately thinking of Ren & Stimpy. Dunno why, probably quarantine related.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fQGPZTECYs

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Suntan Boy posted:

To be fair, if I was presented with a vegetable bigger than my head, I'd have fun with it, too.

Captain Log, I can't see your name without immediately thinking of Ren & Stimpy. Dunno why, probably quarantine related.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fQGPZTECYs

Trust me, I watched a TON of Red and Stimpy as a kid and subsequently had that song sung to me for many, many years. :derptiel:

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

mediaphage posted:

yeah, Cricket and Trevor LOVE the sugar snap peas....they will feel out where each pea is, then destroy the pod to get to it. It is, apparently, great fun and messy as well so double the excitement! Cricket likes to wave her pea pod around like she is conducting an orchestral arrangement of Ode to Destruction in B Minor, while Trevor is happy to just work his way like a typewriter and get each pea out of the pod and then eat them.

The Chinese snow peas tho are a no go...they are only good for tossing as far as they can off the top of the cage. After spending a good few minutes getting said snow pea TO the top of the cage to throw down, of course.

Oh, and something good happened today!!! My husband was eating an orange in the kitchen and Trev saw him. Cricket flew over to R's shoulder and sat there nicely begging for a bite of orange, which he gave her. Trev eyeballed him for a few moments and then did his "Come get me! I want to be over there with you!!" move to R. R looked at me and I looked at him, and he decided to be brave and see if Trev wanted to come over. Usually, Trev will be all sweet and then try to take a bite of him. This time tho, was different...

HE DID!!! He actually went and sat ON HIS FINGER with NO BITES! and asked for the orange peel, which he happily tore apart along with a bit of orange. I was so proud of him...this is the first time it wasn't an "any safe space in a storm" deal. (He has flown to him for safety before when he got scared and I wasn't near him) Trev chose to go to him, asked him even....and was so good about it. I was so proud of my little boy :) Then of course when he came back to me, Trev tried to shag my ear and got busted again.

Sigh...but it was a good day anyway :)

Disco Salmon fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Apr 23, 2020

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
What's a little Oo-mox between friends? :)

Seriously though, that's great!! It sounds like there's a lot of progress being made! In some areas, anyway.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Disco Salmon posted:

HE DID!!! He actually went and sat ON HIS FINGER with NO BITES! and asked for the orange peel, which he happily tore apart along with a bit of orange. I was so proud of him...this is the first time it wasn't an "any safe space in a storm" deal. (He has flown to him for safety before when he got scared and I wasn't near him) Trev chose to go to him, asked him even....and was so good about it. I was so proud of my little boy :) Then of course when he came back to me, Trev tried to shag my ear and got busted again.

Aw, good birb!! Mostly.

We discovered that there's one very specific cupboard that when we open it, alex flies up to it. We tested it and it's just this one cupboard, and only the left door. There's nothing in it he seems to want. It's kind of hilarious.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos
A wild birb broke lockdown today and flew into my house to visit me. I grabbed him/her as it was bashing itself against a window trying to get out. Random birbs are best birbs (it was fine and flew off).

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

sounds like he bit off more than he could chew swallow!!!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

also he's adorable, as are, as usual, Alex and Cricket and Trevor.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

sounds like he bit off more than he could chew swallow!!!

We usually have a few nesting around the place later in the year This one flew off as fast as his wings could take him for some reason.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

are there...perhaps...more peas?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

mediaphage posted:

:3:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

mediaphage posted:

They look like a pear :kimchi:

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Freshly hatched from its pod

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Just give him the whole bag already, I don't think my heart can take much more.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Such an adorable guacamole bird. :3:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://twitter.com/AmandaRosenberg/status/1254142731988828160

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Bradbury and Fontana updates: no one is fighting and now Bradbury screm has almost entirely to rark rark rark budgie fussing and more happy sounds, including one I haven't heard before from Fontana that sounds like lasers. Pew pew pew pew! I've been working from home without wanting to do anyone but occasionally Mochi a murder. I wish I'd done this a year ago - this is clearly what he needed.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

That's great, subpar!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

and, also, Alex may have all the peas.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

TRIPLE POST in the name of Funny Bird Pictures!!!

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

on the wikipedia page for "finger board"

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

TRIPLE POST in the name of Funny Bird Pictures!!!

R said he's gonna make Trev and Cricket their own version of that board but with the 0 days permaburned in :P

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

...Yes? What about them? They're cuuute.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

I'm just mad 'cause it's spring and he's bitey. More hilariously, he lost his tailfeathers at some point and has double butt since they've grown back, but with molting season on he's looking especially thicc in the tail.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

We're all in agreement that LAB's been dead for months now and Amadeus and Charlie are the ones posting with her account to cover up their murder, right? :stare:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

We're they're in a Slack with Gaston, coordinating to keep their stories straight.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

https://twitter.com/niceoneWern/status/1254878617458393088

Peanut has been expressing his excess energy in different ways this season

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Never mind, it flew away, but it was hanging around my back yard for a good 3 hours.

Philosopher King fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Apr 28, 2020

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Rotten Cookies posted:

https://twitter.com/niceoneWern/status/1254878617458393088

Peanut has been expressing his excess energy in different ways this season

the triumphant WARK at the end :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
We have now reached the time of year in which Serra, if left unattended on my shoulder, will start doing her horny hunker down maneuver while making sexy chirps.

Ain’t nobody here buying what you’re selling, Bird.