Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
His name is The Captain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speak
Jul 20, 2001

"Education Professional" model Doombot

Soonmot posted:

His name is The Captain

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
wait is this *the* Steve Geppi? lmao (:nws:)

https://twitter.com/mamanook4/likes?lang=en

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Geppi update: not watching this livestream but jfc

https://twitter.com/graemem/status/1255284807489196033

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
To be fair Ethan has mastered the art of raking in money with out putting out a product.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Christ that’s a monopoly that needs to die.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/wethsworld/status/1254817451046469635?s=20

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

How is 'publish one comic a year if you're lucky with money raked in from gullible chuds' a valid publishing model for any company to consider?

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Dawgstar posted:

How is 'publish one comic a year if you're lucky with money raked in from gullible chuds' a valid publishing model for any company to consider?

Chuds never learn, so just keep doing it over and over and hey, valid business model! :haw:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/RobertSecundus/status/1255311219407413249

There's a whole lot more on the Geppi conference call and it's as bad as you'd expect.

Let the direct market die. Burn it if you have to.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1256322577217122304

Sad trombone.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Ah yes, the 90s. When comics were TOO good.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Eh, some 90s comics were good. There was just such a huge glut of terrible ones that they tended to drown out the good stuff in our memories.

I'm not entirely sure we need to post in here whenever frog boy posts a dumb, self-aggrandizing comment though. I mean, he does it so frequently we'd never stop. It's not exactly industry news to hear "EVS still ten miles up his own rear end, licking his own spleen".

That's me, though. Keeping up to date on the projects these idiots are doing and getting the word out that, no, these assholes aren't pillars of the community, they're loving Nazis is still important.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

"I'm only getting attention now because everybody else has gotten even worse than I am"

Principal Hellmann
Jul 29, 2006
"I'm sending you to dentention FOREVER, LIEMAN!"
he's only getting attention because he sends his goon squad out to harass people.

if he didnt do this, no one would be talking about any of them.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
In awe of how bad it is, am I right?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

If I were making a thousand item long list of the interesting and important things going on in life or even in comics I would run out of items before getting to cyberfrog.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

"nobody noticed my comics because Rob Lifield is so much better"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I just noticed this was from EVS' wiki entry: "Van Sciver's first comics work was published in 1994, writing and drawing what he later called "a horrible little character called Cyberfrog,[4] published by Hall of Heroes and later Harris Comics.[1][5]"

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation

E the Shaggy posted:

Ah yes, the 90s. When comics were TOO good.

That's an impressive level of self owning there.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
ah yes comics were flourishing in the 90's if you ignore the speculator bubble popping that wiped out most comic shops and made Marvel go bankrupt

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

The thing is, most of these idiots DO forget that. They think that 90s comics sold massive numbers because they were just SO GOOD, and then SJW stuff somehow made the entire comics industry vanish into the ether. Just poof, all the sales gone because Batman couldn't say the N-word.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Comicsgate shows how they want to "fix" Final Fantasy (I can't stop laughing):

https://twitter.com/Huerta93Till/status/1258253024402608128?s=20

cartoons123
Nov 7, 2013

E the Shaggy posted:

Comicsgate shows how they want to "fix" Final Fantasy (I can't stop laughing):

https://twitter.com/Huerta93Till/status/1258253024402608128?s=20

It's always funny/weird when they take a random artist's indulgent art and decided since they draw the lady, they must be comicsgate. I'm gonna use this as a little pivot cause this'll prob be the only time I get to talk about it, Robaato far as I can tell ain't comicsgate so much as a person with occasional weird opinions that sound more personal than anything else, but the person he works for Matt Moylan most definitely is. Udon Entertainment has good comics and the artists they hire tend to be alright, but god if their director of publishing does not suck poo poo. I will never forget his stupid opinion he spouted to a critic when people were talking about his idiotic decision to hire Frank Cho to do that stupid pose for Cammy in the middle of all that controversy.

I think these days he's complaining about the new She-Ra because of course he is. So to recap: Udon Comics tends to have good artists and Street Fighter comics and the like, but also Matt Moylan is an idiot and maybe the day he leaves is the day I finally feel alright buying those comics.

Edit: I'll also say I'm not a fan of that art, this was probably him wanting to do something for himself which, fine, but eh he's done better.

cartoons123 fucked around with this message at 13:36 on May 7, 2020

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

cartoons123 posted:

It's always funny/weird when they take a random artist's indulgent art and decided since they draw the lady, they must be comicsgate. I'm gonna use this as a little pivot cause this'll prob be the only time I get to talk about it, Robaato far as I can tell ain't comicsgate so much as a person with occasional weird opinions that sound more personal than anything else, but the person he works for Matt Moylan most definitely is. Udon Entertainment has good comics and the artists they hire tend to be alright, but god if their director of publishing does not suck poo poo. I will never forget his stupid opinion he spouted to a critic when people were talking about his idiotic decision to hire Frank Cho to do that stupid pose for Cammy in the middle of all that controversy.

Robaato has these bouts of getting super upset when people tell him he shouldn't draw what he likes, and what he likes is mostly the stuff like that Tifa picture.

It's also funny to watch ComicsGate out themselves as seen for never looking at actual women by thinking Tifa's chest is 'small' in the remake.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

Robaato has these bouts of getting super upset when people tell him he shouldn't draw what he likes, and what he likes is mostly the stuff like that Tifa picture.

It's also funny to watch ComicsGate out themselves as seen for never looking at actual women by thinking Tifa's chest is 'small' in the remake.

I remember watching a video from Comic Tropes about Howard Chaykin and he quotes Chaykin as saying something like "What I wanted to draw is guys with guns, guys with swords and women with big tits." And it seems these guys are the same which is fine except they think big tits is starting at Lolo Ferrari then going up. It's crazy.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I don't really think it's Comicsgate adjacent to want to make titty art or the like. It's Comicsgate adjacent when you start saying that all media should reflect your tastes in titty art, and that them not doing so is the work of the SJW conspiracy that exists only to destroy your right to titties.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1258900038727671816

TL;DR Marvel is shutting down a comics app so you can use a comics app to buy digital comics. CG grasps at straws to confirm narrative and maintain ego. Film at 11.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
This isn't someone being homophobic or mysoginistic, but it is a form of gate keeping that is both guaranteed to be off putting to people who don't read comics and kinda funny.

https://twitter.com/BrettHamil/status/1259003192798408705?s=20

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I laughed. I think I like that more than most of Jeet’s comics criticism.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I'm not really sure how that tweet is gatekeeping, Lorentzen (a literary critic Heer appears to be friends with) tweeted a bunch of stuff making fun of this article:

https://twitter.com/xlorentzen/status/1258937927960330243

Is the implication that Heer thinks comics are for dumbasses or illiterates? Was he making fun of the term "graphic novels"? I really don't know, I am honestly having a hard time following Lorentzen's original riff, and I don't know if Heer's been saying lovely things elsewhere, but I'm not sure what the big deal here is either.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Me neither, I'm not like the world's number one Jeet Heer fan or anything but his fondness for comics is genuine and this just seems like friends riffing on each other.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I do like how usual suspects upset at Constantine having had a relationship with King Shark (or whatever his name is, I can't remember) and trying to file folk up pretty much fell flat on their faces.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Samovar posted:

I do like how usual suspects upset at Constantine having had a relationship with King Shark (or whatever his name is, I can't remember) and trying to file folk up pretty much fell flat on their faces.

He's canonically bisexual since the early 90s and both one of the recent comics and Legends of Tomorrow have had lengthy storylines about important boyfriends he's had.

And, yes the name is King Shark.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So has it been a long time coming in Sean G. Murphy taking the ComicsGate plunge? He's got an IndieGoGo CG are (at least claiming) they'll back out of support or whatever. Amusingly That Umbrella Guy is very upset because he's going to launch his project at the same time and is mad that he's up against somebody with mainstream talent and is "only in it for the money but isn't a REAL ComicsGater!!!"

You hate to see it.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Has TUG done anything but CG? Like EVS is a poo poo stain, but he's at least done professional comics.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Anora posted:

Has TUG done anything but CG? Like EVS is a poo poo stain, but he's at least done professional comics.

Nah. He was, of all things, a student counselor or something to that effect before he took up the career of getting mad on the internet for chuds. Apparently part of the reason TUG's upset is he's starting to see diminishing returns with the whole 'SJWs threatened me buy my book' shtick.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Well..."his" book. Doesn't he not even write them? As far as I understand he commissions people to both write and draw them.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Viridiant posted:

Well..."his" book. Doesn't he not even write them? As far as I understand he commissions people to both write and draw them.
So he's just a parasite skimming off of angry white people on the Internet? Has he considered running for Congress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Nessus posted:

So he's just a parasite skimming off of angry white people on the Internet? Has he considered running for Congress?

He’s got a few more criteria to meet on the Joey Salads skill tree before he gets there.