Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

profileusername
Mar 2, 2019

Dang, Mirko is really messed up. Cool to see Mic in action instead of just being an announcer though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1254449755721097217

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Rhonne posted:

So, do you think Shigaraki is going to revive on his own, or is All For One about to bust out of jail so he can bail out his kid again

I looked real hard and seems to me like AFO's smirking in the final panel, so seems like this all might be according to keikaku

Also, Mic punched Daruma for making Eraser cry :3:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I am really curious about what is Horikoshi planning here. I think pretty much everyone was expecting for villains to pull out some trump card and turn things around for last 5+ chapters now, but nothing is happening and they are kinda running out of cards to play. With Shigaraki solidly out of commission, the only thing left is Gigantomachia going on rampage, or something completely out of left field (and at this point, I am counting Shigaraki reviving as something out of left field, considering to what lengths this chapter went to point out that he is out cold). Or maybe the Heroes will really completely crush VA here? But where would story even go from there?

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:
Present Mic was throwing out some extremely large death flags prior to the punch. I hope he'll be ok.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Endeavor Brand Hankies

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Lt. Lizard posted:

I am really curious about what is Horikoshi planning here. I think pretty much everyone was expecting for villains to pull out some trump card and turn things around for last 5+ chapters now, but nothing is happening and they are kinda running out of cards to play. With Shigaraki solidly out of commission, the only thing left is Gigantomachia going on rampage, or something completely out of left field (and at this point, I am counting Shigaraki reviving as something out of left field, considering to what lengths this chapter went to point out that he is out cold). Or maybe the Heroes will really completely crush VA here? But where would story even go from there?

Yeah, I don't know what the heck.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

There hasn’t been an announcement that MHA is ending at some point in the near future has there? Because it sort of looks like they’re starting to head in that direction at least.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lt. Lizard posted:

Unless we're getting an AND THEN HE MIRACULOUSLY WAKES UP twist, which I think everyone is anticipating, then what if Shigaraki is captured and imprisoned in Tartarus? Before busting out with AFO and Stain?

A Tartarus breakout would also seriously undermine faith in Hero Society. And on top of that without a place to contain these villains, you're going to start seeing heroes having to decide whether to kill villains who refuse to surrender, like what almost happened with Ending last arc, and what happened with Twice.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
How do you see that last page and think this is getting wrapped up lol

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jose posted:

How do you see that last page and think this is getting wrapped up lol

To be fair that face is hard to read.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

A win at the mansion and hospital but AFO busting out to save Shigaraki’s bacon unexpectedly still puts the heroes in a precarious spot

The remnants of the liberation army + Machia + AFO + Shigaraki is much harder to beat than what they’re facing now

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

AFO's not busting out.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Shiggy gets locked in Tartarus next to him. Best Dad AfO activates his quirk to save his beloved son, even though he knows that that would trigger the security system killing him. Both Shiggy and Stain escape, and new main character Spinner has to choose who he wants to follow.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Larryb posted:

There hasn’t been an announcement that MHA is ending at some point in the near future has there? Because it sort of looks like they’re starting to head in that direction at least.

Rhonne posted:

Deku: "And that's the story of how I became the greatest hero."
Kid: "But you didn't do anything."
*leaps away*

No loving way

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I may have missed this, but how does Eraserhead's quirk work on people (well, Noumu) with multiple quirks? Does it shut them all down?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I'm pretty sure they're not going to end the series with Present Mic killing the main villain.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

OnimaruXLR posted:

I may have missed this, but how does Eraserhead's quirk work on people (well, Noumu) with multiple quirks? Does it shut them all down?

Yes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Worked on Deku, didn't it?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Rhonne posted:

I'm pretty sure they're not going to end the series with Present Mic killing the main villain.

But what balls if it does.

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Apr 27, 2020

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mic Hero Academia

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Present Mic is actually Deku's dad. When Inko said he could spit fire, she didn't mean literally.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

Unless we're getting an AND THEN HE MIRACULOUSLY WAKES UP twist, which I think everyone is anticipating, then what if Shigaraki is captured and imprisoned in Tartarus? Before busting out with AFO and Stain?

That seems plausible; if he can overcome the security measures at Tartarus then everyone is hosed.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
This arc would blow chunks if nothing happens in the next 2-3 chapters, there’s no way in hell shiggy isn’t gonna wake up or at the very least call to the gigantomachia

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
This arc started with
"That day... Heroes vanished from the city."

Either that means everyone was heading towards the hospital, or something bad happened there.

My money's on the second option.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Third option is just the fakeout we already got, which is that there are no heroes because they're on the mission, and they'll all be back the next day.

loving Christ if that's the case.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mulderman posted:

This arc started with
"That day... Heroes vanished from the city."

Either that means everyone was heading towards the hospital, or something bad happened there.

My money's on the second option.

Clearly it means that with the Legion of Doom completely blown the gently caress out, there is no more need for heroes and all crime has been eliminated.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Third option is just the fakeout we already got, which is that there are no heroes because they're on the mission, and they'll all be back the next day.

Deku's narration likes to exaggerat sometimes.

Alternate answer: We cut back to Deku's group (who we haven't seen since this all started) and everyone is fuckin dead.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Reminder that "the day I would always regret" meant "the day we successfully subdued a serial killer and Ida got a deliberating, but completely heal-able injury" and "my longest internship" meant "it was actually over in like a week tops, because the dude I was interning under died". What I'm trying to say that Deku the narrator is lying drama queen and your scenario is 100% possible.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The only reason I'm still thinking this really goes poorly is because Deku and Bakugou are both relatively far away from the action and the kids have been extricated from the mansion.

That's basically a designed setup for "The MC and main cast watch things go very poorly from a distance".

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Lt. Lizard posted:

Reminder that "the day I would always regret" meant "the day we successfully subdued a serial killer and Ida got a deliberating, but completely heal-able injury" and "my longest internship" meant "it was actually over in like a week tops, because the dude I was interning under died". What I'm trying to say that Deku the narrator is lying drama queen and your scenario is 100% possible.

Yeah, the dramatic narration used in MHA is almost always incredibly misleading or exaggerated. I don't think this arc is going to end with "and then the heroes stomped the villains flat with no losses besides that one guy twice stabbed and mirko getting mangled", but I think reading "the day heroes disappeared from the city" as "Shigaraki woke up and then he and Gigantomachia splatterhoused half of hero society in one go" is probably reaching too far.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I'd be really bummed out if that was the case.

I mean, Dabi's still doing things, though, so it can't be over yet, right? Right? :ohdear:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Fabricated posted:

The only reason I'm still thinking this really goes poorly is because Deku and Bakugou are both relatively far away from the action and the kids have been extricated from the mansion.

That's basically a designed setup for "The MC and main cast watch things go very poorly from a distance".

yeah poo poo's definitely going to go south for the heroes at the hospital, it's just taking so loving long that people are starting to second guess themselves

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

I feel like AFO has to get involved somehow simply because even if Shigaraki woke up from being literally dead w/ no heartbeat or breathing he would be like the nomu and weakened to start with, which makes it unlikely he would splatter a bunch of heroes, let alone headliners like Endeavour + Present Mic + (maybe) Aizawa.

I suspect the poster who said Shigaraki will go to jail and have a moment with AFO is probably right, tbh. Let's most of the Liberation Army leadership to get "cleaned up" by the heroes and so Shigaraki gets to be unconditional leader of Villains.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Shigaraki eats it right here and Dabi gets to be leader now.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Shigaraki is about to be saved by the "Traitor".

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

When I saw that one hero just full-on touching Shigaraki to check his pulse, I was sure we were going to kick off disintegration party hour.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Shigaraki gets up and tells Present Mic that he should've screamed at his head, snaps his fingers.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Wild Mass Guessing: All For One is smiling because he can sense the presence of his quirk inside Shigaraki. This connection allows AFO to puppeteer and/or wake up Shigaraki for reasons and turn the tide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Remind me. Are we getting another chapter next week, or are they skipping for Golden Week?