Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Because they will all get sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Why is there such an emphasis on opening "fitness centers" up? Are people really suffering from not being able to go to the gym?

Iowa is partially re-opening on May 1st, gyms and malls can open at 50% capacity, but no food court seating.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

PeterCat posted:

Why is there such an emphasis on opening "fitness centers" up? Are people really suffering from not being able to go to the gym?

Iowa is partially re-opening on May 1st, gyms and malls can open at 50% capacity, but no food court seating.

yes there are people terrified of losing their gains because they don't have 400lb weights at home

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

PeterCat posted:

The gym is a lot of people’s number one hobby and stress relief. It’s stupid to open it but I can see why stupid people would want them open.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I did my shoulder exercises with a can of peas this morning

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

PeterCat posted:

The amount of people I've seen out jogging past my place is HUGE, including those in groups. I don't know if it's stress, boredom, an excuse to be outside, but everyone is marathon runner now.

Also, why in gods name do you want to go to an enclosed space where people are sweating, breathing more forcibly than normal, and likely touching a lot of surfaces?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

In the pre-COVID days, I had been on such a great roll with Orangetheory but now I'm thinking about buying a bench and some free weights and maybe a TRX system until we have a vaccine or treatment because yikes otherwise. My studio was absolutely great about having people wipe down their equipment between each usage, but even still. Until then, I'll be a runner on low-traffic streets, at least until DC's summer humidity comes roaring out to gently caress us.

Also, Washington DC is expecting some businesses to reopen in summer, with recovery in the fall, and a "new normal" to develop by spring/summer 2021.

:smith:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
A cop giving two bombers the slow salute in order to... respect healthcare workers?

https://twitter.com/thisweekabc/status/1254844026420891651?s=21

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

PeterCat posted:

Trump spoke to the owner of Planet Fitness a while back. I’m not joking.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Abongination posted:

Was there ever any info about the US troops injured in Iran’s rocket attacks?

Over 100 TBI and quite a few had to be sent to the hospital in Germany.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/02/10/total-u-s-troops-wounded-iranian-missile-attack-now-tops-100/4716343002/

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

mlmp08 posted:

A cop giving two bombers the slow salute in order to... respect healthcare workers?

:lol: this is the dumbest loving timeline.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Fallom posted:

yes there are people terrified of losing their gains because they don't have 400lb weights at home

you mock my pain :(

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

https://twitter.com/postlocal/status/1254506998181302272?s=21

It’s so simple

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

mlmp08 posted:

It's Bossier, they fly over like that every day lol

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Gonna put a tent up on the patio and pretend I'm camping.

Great cell reception in the outer Minge lands.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
My local gyms are chud central at best, full blown Q/Proud Boy meetups at worst.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1254827396357926912?s=21

For more context, she is asymptomatic and still going to rallies.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I was doing orange theory in Karenville until the end of Feb and it was honestly the best gym program I ever did and can't wait to go back in a year.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

I really wish these people would just take the quick route of killing themselves rather than potentially infecting and killing other innocent people.

I also wish I could tell every single one of them to kill themselves.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Woofer posted:

not to defend that piece of poo poo but she said she's in quarantine?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

PeterCat posted:

I spent probably 15-20 hours per week at the gym before they all closed, and am very much looking forward to when they are open again, but even if I could go tomorrow I wouldn't. I've gained 15 pounds being stuck inside without being able to cycle, and I don't have enough room in my apartment for any exercise equipment. These people are insane.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Basticle posted:

not to defend that piece of poo poo but she said she's in quarantine?

Yeah you’re right. I misread. She quarantined but said it was a violation of her rights. She’s still putting together Tuesday protests though!

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Full on powerlifting ready garage gym crew checking in

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Bored As gently caress posted:

I really wish these people would just take the quick route of killing themselves rather than potentially infecting and killing other innocent people.

Republicanism is now a lifestyle. It’s a combination of FYGM and “rugged individualism” with a splash of “follow the leader/party line”.

Anyone or anything that conflicts with that is an attack on their “lifestyle choice.” But they’ll stand there in complete PPE denying the existence of COVID-19 in complete cognitive dissonance.

You can’t reason with people who believe themselves to be acting rationally but under an irrational premise.

Which also doesn’t say anything good about the rest of the country that requires their cooperation to function.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

PeterCat posted:

It's rather eye opening how many people are spending $100s/mo on black market hormone therapy but didn't pop for a home weight bench.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792970&pagenumber=201&perpage=40

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Handsome Ralph posted:

:lol: this is the dumbest loving timeline.

poo poo hell yeah BUFFs all we got today were some SCARNG F16's making the rounds of every hospital in the state in an hour

'course if they really wanted to honor medical workers Orange Daddy could do something like, idunno, stop stealing their loving equipment

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Peak irony is that per fitbit my calorie burn is down 75% from baseline over the last 2 months but I've lost 25lbs just from not eating lunch at the cafeteria at work

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

It's "eye opening" that a lot of people don't have the space for a home gym?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
COVID motivated me to hang up my pullup bar. Cats are not impressed by leg tucks.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I had to use vaseline to take my wedding ring off last night, because my fingers have turned into fat sausages and it was feeling too tight. I weigh more right now than I ever have in my life. Can barely button up a pair of jeans.

I used to walk about 1.5-2 miles per day while working but now my sole bit of daily exercise is taking our dog on a 15-minute walk.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Woofer posted:

You know what, good.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Internet Wizard posted:

my weight bench takes up about 5 feet of space and can double as an intimate dining setting when covered with a nice tablecloth

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Woofer posted:

Reminds me of the AIDS denial magazine that folded because the entire staff died from AIDS.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuum_(magazine)

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Internet Wizard posted:

Our apartment complex had a small fitness room (as well as a pool) and both are closed indefinitely. I'd imagine that a lot of people in a similar situation didn't have much in the way of personal fitness equipment at home for that kind of reason.

Bored As gently caress posted:

It's a goddamn shame karma doesn't exist.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Zamujasa posted:

Our apartment complex had a small fitness room (as well as a pool) and both are closed indefinitely. I'd imagine that a lot of people in a similar situation didn't have much in the way of personal fitness equipment at home for that kind of reason.

Same and my complex still hasn't breathed a word about discounts for all the closed public areas even tho dozens have asked them for it. It's amazing. Maintenence staff still working without masks or anything too

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

MrMojok posted:

I had to use vaseline to take my wedding ring off last night, because my fingers have turned into fat sausages and it was feeling too tight. I weigh more right now than I ever have in my life. Can barely button up a pair of jeans.

I used to walk about 1.5-2 miles per day while working but now my sole bit of daily exercise is taking our dog on a 15-minute walk.

take your dog on longer walks

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Depending where he lives. Its been cold as poo poo in the northeast for like the last 3 weeks sans two or three days.

Stravag posted:

Same and my complex still hasn't breathed a word about discounts for all the closed public areas even tho dozens have asked them for it. It's amazing. Maintenence staff still working without masks or anything too

Same here.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

This.

Frank gets two miles a day out of me and it might eat up 90 minutes of my day altogether. Although I have precisely gently caress all to do with my time besides walk him and grow my closet weeds.

I'm not even remotely eating healthy and I'm still holding the same weight I was at new years.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Stravag posted:

Oh are you my neighbor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Maybe we can all believe that aliens* started coronavirus and stop hating each other.

*space aliens you racist