Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Golden Bee posted:

Couldn’t you at least sorties into talent, Corporate, and booking?

I don't understand how through all the playtesting before the beta no one said erm this ui is a cluttered mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I didn't think I'd say this about a TEW game, but there might be Too Much additions to this

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

mearn posted:

I want to like TEW 2020, but the UI is really bad. The home screen has an 8x5 grid of 40 buttons with absolutely no organization at all.

Holy poo poo.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm getting the hang of it the more I play around. You can actually modify the buttons at the bottom so I think the key is to put the buttons you use most in there and use that bar primarily instead of the Office. Which is a change since you had to do drat near everything in the Office in '16 but in theory its a change that could make it easier.

Mainly my problem is the skin. Hopefully there will be some skins out soon with some better ways to see everything. The game's too buggy to play right now anyway. I keep getting a ton of crashes. And I have a lot of work to do on my database conversion.

edit: I screwed around with it and this is what I set up. I think that basically covers all the stuff I'd hit on a regular basis instead of stuff I'd just click on every once and awhile. Tweak it as I go but I definitely think it could prove handier if I can get used to using it instead of the Office.

And a skin to make it less ugly. And to figure out how to get the screen resolution in my virtual pc to stick to the aspect it needs to be at for the game. Its driving me insane having to change it every time I turn it on.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Apr 25, 2020

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The Croc posted:

I don't understand how through all the playtesting before the beta no one said erm this ui is a cluttered mess.
Gonna go out on a limb here and say that if you’re the kind of person to post enough on a board about literal spreadsheet games (as in, literally a custom view of widgets governing a Microsoft Access database) to be selected as a beta tester for one, you’re probably the sort of person who enjoys learning how a space shuttle flight dashboard works, and can’t imagine why anyone wouldn’t.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

TEW's never really been an "easy access" game. I agree this UI is clunky and ugly but it always kind of takes a lot of tinkering around and getting used to and I can never stand the default skins.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

STAC Goat posted:

And to figure out how to get the screen resolution in my virtual pc to stick to the aspect it needs to be at for the game. Its driving me insane having to change it every time I turn it on.
I actually forgot about how TEW16 collapsed on 4K resolutions, not glad to hear they haven’t sorted that out but not surprised either.

Anyway, running this game on a virtual PC sounds like a nightmare

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its fine most of the time, its just this screen resolution thing that's an issue because every time I pause or suspend the virtual machine the resolution goes back. And of course any time I shut it down or restart it. So like I'll do something, pause it, switch over and do something else, and then go back and TEW will be cut off and I'll have to quit it and change the resolution again. Its a pain.

I saw some way to change it online but it seems involved so I'll mess with it some other time.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

mearn posted:

I want to like TEW 2020, but the UI is really bad. The home screen has an 8x5 grid of 40 buttons with absolutely no organization at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncGHiVKJh0Y&t=7s

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Some footage of the Chikara game running on an Xbox. Apparently the PS4 version is pretty much the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioTDF9npCig

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

just in comparison to games in general that looks horrendously bad to me. but I guess it needs to be cut a lot of slack from the get

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That game looks terrible. It really has been a long time since a really good wrestling game came out.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Fire Pro? :colbert:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!
They should make a Mount & Blade II-style game, but instead of running around a fictional medieval kingdom conquering rivals, you're running around wrestling during the 1980s territory days (or the indy circuit for more modern times). You could even settle down and have kids to carry on your wrestling legacy (or settle paternity suits from one-night stands).

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

TEW2020's official release date has been pushed back at least two weeks thanks to feedback and bugs discovered during the beta.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Galaga Galaxian posted:

TEW2020's official release date has been pushed back at least two weeks thanks to feedback and bugs discovered during the beta.

Probably for the best.

EDIT: I just saw that EMLL is designed to be the Lucha Underground equivalent in the default database. I'm tempted to play as them but the whole 'only singles matches' thing is a bit of a disappointment. They do start with a ton of money in comparison to other companies the same size which is neat.

Also BHOTWG is even more New Japan than it was before even down to a split in a mega faction feuding with each other. There's also a blatant Suzuki-gun rip off as well

Testekill fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Apr 26, 2020

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Is it weird that A) I am not intimidated/turned off by that UI and B) I'm not sad that TEW has been pushed back a few weeks?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

Is it weird that A) I am not intimidated/turned off by that UI and B) I'm not sad that TEW has been pushed back a few weeks?

Nah not really, I'm in the same boat. It seems to have few balance/crash issues that needed to be cleaned up and this just lets me buy Bannerlord this fortnight and TEW next fortnight.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I'm scared that if I buy bannerlord now I'm going to be bored with it before it's feature complete. But i also want to buy it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they've hosed you over by doing that, haven't they? Really just an rear end in a top hat move by a troll developer if you think about it. do they deserve your money now?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Cavauro posted:

they've hosed you over by doing that, haven't they? Really just an rear end in a top hat move by a troll developer if you think about it. do they deserve your money now?

I don't know if you're talking about the Mount and Blade people or Adam Ryland

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

The Croc posted:

I didn't expect to say this today, but, uh, look how much better the UI is in the current version of TNM7, a 28-year-old game that comes prepackaged in DOSbox.

There are a couple of very basic usability concepts that this grasps and TEW somehow doesn't: it's easier to pick out buttons when they stand out from the screen, as opposed to being the same color and font as the info boxes; it's easier to pick out the button you want when there are six and not forty; it's OK to have some of your buttons in submenus behind other buttons, especially if they're grouped logically:

It's funny that TNM is so goddamn old that "Dives" and "Moves" are separate categories, but at least the buttons are right next to each other. Why are "Brand Split" and "Creative" on opposite sides of the Wall of Boxes? Why are "Backstage" and "Chemistry" so far apart? Why is "Finance" in the top right corner when "Ticket Prices" and "Investments" are in the middle of the bottom? I see what STAC Goat says about using the bottom bar instead, but a) that bar largely has the same problems, being eighteen buttons that don't stand out instead of forty buttons that don't stand out, and b) why not just make your menu less painful to use to begin with, instead of adding an additional, smaller menu that can be custom sorted?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I still think abstracting the interface into a 3rd person brawler would be more accessible.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/2K_UK/status/1254773144306376705?s=20

Also, no new 2K21 game, looking to release WWE 2K22 in 2021. And the WWE 2K19 servers will be kept up and running.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Who the gently caress is still going to be playing 2k19 or 20 when loving All Stars 2 is available?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

it's been far too long since they said gently caress it and threw the simulation poo poo out the window. this is the correct move, lean completely into giving us Vince McMahondroid

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

njsykora posted:

Who the gently caress is still going to be playing 2k19 or 20 when loving All Stars 2 is available?

People who like CAWs?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I think that big head art style is repulsive but if you can play with relatively normal sprites like Rock and Cena at the beginning, I'm in. Though I will probably still keep 2K19 on deck for CAW stuff.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's made by the NBA Playgrounds crew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3qYh5MjqbU

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

flashy_mcflash posted:

I think that big head art style is repulsive but if you can play with relatively normal sprites like Rock and Cena at the beginning, I'm in. Though I will probably still keep 2K19 on deck for CAW stuff.

Charlotte and Becky look really weird in the trailer. Doesn't help there's zero emotions on their faces when doing things like powering up. I'm sure it's because it's an early build of the game though.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The art style looks terrible in screenshots but fine in gameplay

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

ShadowedFlames posted:

I know it’s the wrong company (THQ I believe did this) but... All-Stars 2 maybe?

Close enough!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Der-Wreck posted:

Charlotte and Becky look really weird in the trailer. Doesn't help there's zero emotions on their faces when doing things like powering up. I'm sure it's because it's an early build of the game though.

Yeah that's my issue. Rock and Cena looked fine even in their, for lack of better term, "toony" propotions. Charlotte and Becky looked like troll dolls or something, like their proportions were off even more than they should be to an unsettling degree.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oh was that Charlotte? I thought it was Natty

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

coconono posted:

oh was that Charlotte? I thought it was Natty

I thought it was Lacey, actually, given how they kept showing her making a fist.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i thought it was charlotte b/c of how it has that 3d model of charlotte's face on it

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The wrestlers kind of look like these old figures

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

The wrestlers look like the claymation figures from 90s Brisk Iced Tea commercials

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
2K sucks mark my words there will never be another fun WWE game again. They won’t give people what they want they literally hate their customers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

looks a lil better

https://twitter.com/TEWDatabase/status/1254926033222066183