Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I was taking videos of me training my dog Noodle, and Google has this function on pixels where their little robots will try to find gifable moments and send them to you. This serves no purpose, but I can't stop looking at it, so now you have to see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

thats one good noodle

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Noodle loving destroying that push-up challenge.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I found this abondonware site and picked up the punisher and the movies. I used to make a bunch of movies on that game it has a really good editing suite. If I make any worth sharing I will.

Here are some I made when I was 20.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZn1juRrTYs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPKJe-Dn7m4

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i bought that game to simulate making money as a movie studio, rather than to be creative. Pretty sweet. i blame this old game called hollywood mogul that was kind of like the TEW of movies

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Think I'm gonna go with Control as the game I'm buying, it looks [borat voice] very nice

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

spider-man is TWICE as long as that freaker

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Now the kiddo's talking about renovating the middle bathroom, complete with a brand new bowl sink...

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Captain Magic posted:

Here are some games I re-downloaded last night that I wasn’t ready to play when I first bought them that I’m trying to use them now to scratch my adventure itch so I don’t buy another game I’m not quite sold on (Dragon’s Dogma, Link’s Awakening, FFVII:R):

Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Dues Ex: Mankind Divided
POE II: Deadfire

But what did I actually end up playing?

Grim Fandango, which I’ve beaten twice already (but not the remastered version!)

I’m broken, halp

I mean if Grim Fandango did it for you that's great, mission accomplished. As far as my opinion on the other games go:
~ If you like games that go out of their way to be as intentionally unfun and hostile to the player as possible then Kingdom Come is the game for you.
~ Mankind Divided has the good Deus Ex gameplay mixed in with a world that is so miserable to immerse yourself in that I bounced off of it for that reason alone.
~ Deadfire good. And this is coming from somebody who played before turn-based mode was implemented.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

NienNunb posted:

Think I'm gonna go with Control as the game I'm buying, it looks [borat voice] very nice

When is that game going to be on Steam, any idea?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't ask the ps4 guy. ask me, the pc gamer. it will be available on steam in august.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

spider-man is TWICE as long as that freaker

I have a copy of the Spidered Man that I rented from the library right before the quarantine started, so it's just mine until the state opens back up

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Pc gaming is a fad, like the hula hoop or pet rocks

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

(Bill Maher voice) uh personally I prefer un-pc gaming

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cavauro posted:

don't ask the ps4 guy. ask me, the pc gamer. it will be available on steam in august.

Yay!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

XCOM: Chimera Squad is now available on Steam

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Me to friend, three months ago: “hey you helped exacerbate my wife’s drinking problem, we shouldn’t really have to do anything with each other unless we can talk about that and move past it together”
Friend: I REFUSE. ALSO I AM ALLOWED TO TALK WITH YOUR WIFE STILL BUT YOU CANNOT TALK NOT TO MEEE
so she has like PTSD and claims I remind her of her horribly abusive father? After being friends for ten years and then lying to me for a few months, this is when that gets brought up. But I’m trying to be compassionate so
okay we try that for three months and it is really stressful
Me to friend: hey this isn’t working, we haven’t reconciled at all and it seems like you are insinuating I am abusing my wife; that’s just me being crazy, right?
Friend: NO THAT IS CORRECT THATS WHAT I THINK
Wife: oh uh we shouldn’t really talk then until this is all addressed and sorted between you two
F(r)iend: YOU CANT QUIT YOU ARE FIRED
Wife: wut
Fiend: YOU ARE BLOCKED DO NOT TALK TO MEEE

this is a real thing I’ve been doing. Seems over now. Wtf y’all.

ChrisBTY posted:

I mean if Grim Fandango did it for you that's great, mission accomplished. As far as my opinion on the other games go:
~ If you like games that go out of their way to be as intentionally unfun and hostile to the player as possible then Kingdom Come is the game for you.
~ Mankind Divided has the good Deus Ex gameplay mixed in with a world that is so miserable to immerse yourself in that I bounced off of it for that reason alone.
~ Deadfire good. And this is coming from somebody who played before turn-based mode was implemented.

Ty, this is real good info. It’s hard for me to get past the clicky nature of Deadfire but I did it for Disco Elysium.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Captain Magic posted:

Me to friend, three months ago: “hey you helped exacerbate my wife’s drinking problem, we shouldn’t really have to do anything with each other unless we can talk about that and move past it together”
Friend: I REFUSE. ALSO I AM ALLOWED TO TALK WITH YOUR WIFE STILL BUT YOU CANNOT TALK NOT TO MEEE
so she has like PTSD and claims I remind her of her horribly abusive father? After being friends for ten years and then lying to me for a few months, this is when that gets brought up. But I’m trying to be compassionate so
okay we try that for three months and it is really stressful
Me to friend: hey this isn’t working, we haven’t reconciled at all and it seems like you are insinuating I am abusing my wife; that’s just me being crazy, right?
Friend: NO THAT IS CORRECT THATS WHAT I THINK
Wife: oh uh we shouldn’t really talk then until this is all addressed and sorted between you two
F(r)iend: YOU CANT QUIT YOU ARE FIRED
Wife: wut
Fiend: YOU ARE BLOCKED DO NOT TALK TO MEEE

this is a real thing I’ve been doing. Seems over now. Wtf y’all.

That sucks, I'm sorry.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
An MMA guy went out for a bike ride (idk why or how he got away with it) and found a kitten.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_YGQ6VAGic/

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!

Mekchu posted:

An MMA guy went out for a bike ride (idk why or how he got away with it) and found a kitten.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_YGQ6VAGic/

Aww what a strong kitty! :swoon:

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Do we have any threads that would be entertaining to non-wrestling people? Asking for a friend

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All the MMA and grappling threads.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Check out this wild rear end poo poo I just made

Coconut and matcha agar jelly

Woo baby cooking is cool & fun

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

that is some fancy rear end poo poo, im eating some packet ramen rn and i thought i was fancy for cutting up some veggies and sprinkling bonito flakes on top

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

ChrisBTY posted:

I really loved the world of Kingdom Come Deliverance, I loved the way it felt, and all that stuff, & yet if not for trainers to turn on godmode I don't think I'd have gotten out of Skallitz. Because it absolutely is hostile as hell & infuriating when I try to play it like a normal grownup. So it's one of those things where I've really liked the game but can't actually imagine recommending it to someone without enormous caveats because I know not everyone is able to enjoy a game with no risk of death or whatever from cheating.

Anyway, I am playing the new XCOM & I love it.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

extradite THIS! posted:

Check out this wild rear end poo poo I just made

Coconut and matcha agar jelly

Woo baby cooking is cool & fun

Yo that looks like some good old Malaysian kuih! That reminds me, I gotta order some for the house, all the bazaars here have gone online and it's wild.

Happy fasting to anyone who's observing Ramadan

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Really wish Mount and Blade had made it to the consoles. Haven't had a chance to check out the sequel but I was a huge fan of the game. I think I bought the beta 3x because I liked the dev team so much. That and there's nothing quite like leading a lance charge into an archery line. Powerful feeling.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I'm about as excited for VtM Bloodlines 2 and Cyberpunk 42069 as mild to moderate depression and the general state of affairs will allow me to be

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the Cyberpunk dev team sounds like a shitshow so I'll wait for them get it properly patched 6+ months after release

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

why must I continue to be punished for refusing to follow game devlopment in any detail

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm excited to hang out with my dad Keanu in Cyberpunk

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bluedeanie posted:

why must I continue to be punished for refusing to follow game devlopment in any detail

I really don't but poo poo pops up whenever we talk about worker's rights in tech jobs.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

coconono posted:

I really don't but poo poo pops up whenever we talk about worker's rights in tech jobs.

That's true, there are none and its bad

NienNunb posted:

I'm excited to hang out with my dad Keanu in Cyberpunk

woah

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

cyberpunk was complete in february but they had to fix it for xbox. If there are a lot of bugs then they really hosed up considering how much time there's been for 'polishing'. Sucks about how all their employees are worked to absolute death

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Cavauro posted:

cyberpunk was complete in february but they had to fix it for xbox.
The wrong kind of RAM strikes again :argh:

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I found an archive of CGW online and was browsing through the 2002-2004 issues and got really nostalgic from all the RPG ads so I picked up Icewind Dale II and Pillars of Eternity on GOG. Advertising works. Looking forward to getting nothing done for the next few weeks.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

How do Polish people feel towards that kinda work schedule? Like do they have whistleblowers inside the studio talking about everyone hating it like at Naughty Dog. gently caress Naughty Dog btw.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

having a high anxiety moment because my neighbors are doing construction(we live out in the country) and I can't see them but there's lots of shouting and poo poo crashing.

I think they just broke their motorshovel thingy.

There's regular exchanges of gunfire and that's the thing that sets me off. Why am I like this.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Nothing quite makes me happy exactly the way a piece of hershey's chocolate does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

coconono posted:

having a high anxiety moment because my neighbors are doing construction(we live out in the country) and I can't see them but there's lots of shouting and poo poo crashing.

I think they just broke their motorshovel thingy.

There's regular exchanges of gunfire and that's the thing that sets me off. Why am I like this.

Hope this helps.

https://twitter.com/CuteAnimaIVines/status/1255207909790830594