Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I made a moon character as counterpart to the sun. He's pale and round to represent goons and he gets pissed off when you DON'T mention nuclear power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

or if FDR actually cared enough about stopping fascism to stop texaco from floating franco $texas in loans and oil

That was out of the republicans control but I take your point

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Communism with wario ware characteristics

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Dreddout posted:

Communism with wario ware characteristics

Everyone compares Stalin to Mario but I feel Wario is more apt

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

in case you dont look at the stickies you might wanna look at this one because we are actively soliciting feedback wrt cspam: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3921561

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Jewel Repetition posted:

I made a moon character as counterpart to the sun. He's pale and round to represent goons and he gets pissed off when you DON'T mention nuclear power
lmao

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
i hate these loving people

https://twitter.com/Sam_Gyamfi10/status/1255152770476212230

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
libertarians is the same

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I'm sorry that two whole dimensions of political definition is too much for you to understand.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
there are exactly two political stances: communist, and liberal

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Ferrinus posted:

there are exactly two political stances: communist, and social fascist

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

T-man posted:

I'm sorry that two whole dimensions of political definition is too much for you to understand.

what is your objection to collective bargaining and collective action, is that 'coercion' to you? congratulations on standing with our capitalist brothers

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Critical support to Friedrick Hayek comrades.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

mila kunis posted:

what is your objection to collective bargaining and collective action, is that 'coercion' to you? congratulations on standing with our capitalist brothers

what the gently caress are you on about, are you having an argument with me in your head?

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

T-man posted:

what the gently caress are you on about, are you having an argument with me in your head?

read the loving post that was being responded to.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I'm sorry that words are too much for you to understand, I guess?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
actually....it is you that appears to lack reading comprehension

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I don't really understand the disagreement occurring right now.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Lightning Knight posted:

I don't really understand the disagreement occurring right now.

:same:

collective bargaining is good and i have never said otherwise

e: it's okay mila, i too know the delicious temptation of the own

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

T-man posted:

:same:

collective bargaining is good and i have never said otherwise

e: it's okay mila, i too know the delicious temptation of the own

what exactly were you responding to then?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Ferrinus posted:

libertarians is the same

the person in the tweet you posted is an idiot, but posting red kahuna or whatever and saying all tankies are the same as nazis would be an equally incoherent thought. there are, in fact, two dimensions of popular politics, and unless you're a full on nazbol you know the red and green have far more in common than the auth right.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

T-man posted:

the person in the tweet you posted is an idiot, but posting red kahuna or whatever and saying all tankies are the same as nazis would be an equally incoherent thought. there are, in fact, two dimensions of popular politics, and unless you're a full on nazbol you know the red and green have far more in common than the auth right.

the "two axis" concept is just a ploy to trick people into thinking that libertarianism is a real ideology

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ferrinus posted:

the "two axis" concept is just a ploy to trick people into thinking that libertarianism is a real ideology

p much

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

really-existing anarcho-capitalism would be an empirical disproof of marxism

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Ferrinus posted:

The only difference between libertarians and fascists is that libertarians want the imperialism to be invisible

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the existence of a state isn't an axis one can exactly be pegged onto, it's a collection of abstract powers and the monopoly of force that protects certain social/political arrangements. the goal is to control what political arrangements exist and remove the need to protect them (as they'll be beneficial to all)

smarxist fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 28, 2020

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

The left has a dialectical philosophy, the right has fevered masturbatory fiefdom dreams

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

u morons u fuckin idiots

there's one axis

the other side was the allies

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
how was japan even part of it, you can’t draw a straight line through Berlin, Rome, AND Tokyo

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Yeah again, I'm sorry the notion of two dimensions is too hard for cspam. These are some of the stupidest takes ive seen on the internet, so gj I guess good luck with the People's Bootlicking Brigrade.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Lol at taking the Political Compass axes seriously

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

smarxist posted:

The left has a dialectical philosophy, the right has fevered masturbatory fiefdom dreams

my understanding of philosophy is that all right thought eventually traces back to some form of divine or religious right precisely because it rejects dialectics

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

T-man posted:

Yeah again, I'm sorry the notion of two dimensions is too hard for cspam. These are some of the stupidest takes ive seen on the internet, so gj I guess good luck with the People's Bootlicking Brigrade.

you have been very hostile recently and maybe being less hostile would make others be less hostile

I mean it’s cspam you do you but I’m just saying, every time I say dumb poo poo itt nobody is mean to me and nobody is afraid to tell me how dumb I know I am

THS
Sep 15, 2017

there is a single up and down axis of political thought, labelled “good” at the top and “bad” at the bottom. and folks, i am a top

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Lightning Knight posted:

you have been very hostile recently and maybe being less hostile would make others be less hostile

I mean it’s cspam you do you but I’m just saying, every time I say dumb poo poo itt nobody is mean to me and nobody is afraid to tell me how dumb I know I am

Maybe having my political position and beliefs attacked constantly itt from the outset has something to do with it you disingenuous twit. The sheer amount of insular circlejerking cspam has slowly morphed into, where you not only need to be a leftist but also excuse historical genocide and have a constant, cloying half joking blackpill irony thing going on sucks and this thread might be the purest proof thereof.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

T-man posted:

can you point to an example of a society run on libertarian right wing principles, as distinct from authoritarian right wing principles?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
more like "T-Mad"

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Don't loving tell me to be nice to the worst posters on the forums.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

T-man posted:

insular circlejerking cspam has slowly morphed into

uhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
T-man, i command you to be nice to the worst posters on the forums. Self care is critical