Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
just lol if you don't earn 15k/month in interest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
You mean like on your credit card loans? I don't think that counts as earning

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I earned everything I need from the street :colbert:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

Hmmm in that case can you 15K in savings goons throw me $20

check out the cspam goon food fund my dude

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

Hmmm in that case can you 15K in savings goons throw me $20

I'm already doing that in the goonbucks thread, friend.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
He means the good interest, not the bad interest.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

other people posted:

just lol if you don't earn 15k/month in interest

Yeah, reading & laughing at the postings of the poors in this thread is very lolworthy to me.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
15K in "interest" meaning not returns on equities or debt implies a savings account level of interest (obviously a more sophisticated vehicle for this amount of money) but to drive 180K in yearly interest you'd need like 9M in assets.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
if you're a millionaire with a comfortable existence based off your investments hmu so i can pay for facial laser and electrolysis tia

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

atelier morgan posted:

if you're a millionaire with a comfortable existence based off your investments hmu so i can pay for facial laser and electrolysis tia

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'll send nudes after the check clears

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

millionaires can send a little money to people on the something awful forums, as a treat

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

I just watched this video and jesus christ, it's horrifying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqKPJHWq6Hw

Things the filmmakers encountered buying passage on a ferry up the Congo:

• boat leaves a month late
  • janky boat that starts trip half sunk immediately stops to pick up and tow two rusty barges each with hundreds more passengers
  • random dead bodies floating in river
  • multiple women giving birth
  • one passenger sustains a crippling injury when his legged is crushed between the boat and one barge
  • camera crew forced to leave half way through trip due to outbreak of civil violence

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

please knock Mom! posted:

check out the cspam goon food fund my dude

Thanks. I was just bullshitting. Thankfully I am still employed at the moment

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/JDespland/status/1254838210171211776

It's real:
https://www.ft.com/content/bc7b919c-80a5-11ea-8fdb-7ec06edeef84

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Capital with its dick and balls in full view.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Woot I'm scarce!

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

lmao that the direct parallel between 14th century feudalism and 21st century capitalism is broken only by the fact that the 14th century apparently had more economic justice and the peasants can no longer bargain for better wages, regardless of their scarcity.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

bike tory posted:

lmao that the direct parallel between 14th century feudalism and 21st century capitalism is broken only by the fact that the 14th century apparently had more economic justice and the peasants can no longer bargain for better wages, regardless of their scarcity.

Broke: lords

Woke: landlords

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thankfully

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Chomp8645 posted:

Broke: lords

Woke: landlords

galaxy brain: reclassifying workers as land

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I really really want to charitably assume that author was trying to say "thankfully the mortality rate isn't as high" and it just got mashed in with the other idea, but I know better

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

taqueso posted:

pretty sure this is just serfdom

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

Shame Boy posted:

I really really want to charitably assume that author was trying to say "thankfully the mortality rate isn't as high" and it just got mashed in with the other idea, but I know better

my man this is FT he is 100% writing for wealthy people reading the newspaper wondering if the poors will revolt

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

taqueso posted:

ill make the app

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

For tax purposes our employees are classed as bulk goods

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

T-man posted:

check out this benevolent job creator actually buying employees, you realise that you can just rent them right?

e: if you're in America this might not be the best way to do it actually but in most other countries the government will pay for their upkeep if you do it this way

voiceless anal fricative has issued a correction as of 00:03 on Apr 29, 2020

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

bike tory posted:

check out this benevolent job creator actually buying employees, you realise that you can just rent them right?

e: if you're in America this might not be the best way to do it actually but in most other countries the government will pay for their upkeep if you do it this way

works fine in america when one breaks you can just get rid of it and rent a new one

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Here I guess?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...e101_story.html

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

T-man posted:

Employees? We don't have any employees, these are all independent contractors we have no legal association with.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

written in python, like all terrible ideas are

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Shame Boy posted:

Let me tell ya, todays plagues just aren’t what they were in the old days

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

why i remember, back 60 years before i was born it was, the plague was hardset upon us, a chilling cold that touched your bones, walking both ways

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/DMRegister/status/1255172426473889800

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

drat

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Are we still allowed to say death to America?

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

T-man posted:

Are we still allowed to say death to America?

Yea, but you have to add the word '"more" to be beginning now.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

I'm getting a repetitive stress injury from shaking my head back and forth in disgust so much.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

wow we got em folks! I couldn't dream of a better smoking gun than nakedly revealing benefits are a tool of mass coercion

the clear implication being that universal health care will be forever impossible as long as these benefits can be leveraged to compel untold masses of people to work against their own interests

everyone's gotta be talking about this right? lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

God Hole posted:

wow we got em folks! I couldn't dream of a better smoking gun than nakedly revealing benefits are a tool of mass coercion

the clear implication being that universal health care will be forever impossible as long as these benefits can be leveraged to compel untold masses of people to work against their own interests

everyone's gotta be talking about this right? lol

Uh no I earned them by being a very good and special worker what are you talking about :colbert:

That reminds me, I was reading Yahoo Answers for a laugh the other day and found this real weighty question that's basically "lead poisoned old people brain" in a nutshell

quote:

Does anyone ever know what the insurance is going to pay and what the hospital and doctors are going to charge?
It seems as if even when insured, a person ends up with 3 or 4 extra bills not covered by insurance and a total surprise to you. Even with this horrible insurance/hospital/doctor/collection agency scam, I still feel like that Government Run Healthcare will be worse.