Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Happy New Year!
This poll is closed.
Happy New Year! 38 22.22%
This year's going to suck too! 78 45.61%
Wait, it's still 2019! 17 9.94%
Zzzzzzzzzz 38 22.22%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Namtab posted:

OK which of you fuckers did it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmzh3DN26AQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Look if i knew how to put images below my ava image id do it myself, but i don't which is why mods exist

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Namtab posted:

Look if i knew how to put images below my ava image id do it myself, but i don't which is why mods exist
I exist to give my dogs belly rubs, play guitar really loud and cook for people, don't you dare insist otherwise. :colbert:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm not even joking, the mods have alway s given me the extra karens

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
You do it the same way you post images in regular posts, the only catch is the images have to be uploaded to the server, either as a previous Avatar or by an Admin. In the case of your av you could just reload your same av, and put
code:
[img]https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/6a/5c/00161055.0022.gif[/img]
a bunch of times into the text box underneath.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I figured it out, the mods got 4 extra copies in by using http and not https

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

What good are mods anymore?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

drat i was gonna say death to av stacks

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

El Burbo posted:

drat i was gonna say death to av stacks

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I should have put some classics into the stack

someone gave me that at some point, who knew?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I have sped up

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
[grouchio intensifies]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VsgkIE-RHg

extreme lack of yoko kanno in this video

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Magia record is so insanely good. The first couple eps are kinda eh but it really hits its stride and the back third is just fantastic. The episode that mirrors the homura revelation episode is basically unimpeachable, explores a similar breaking down of the rules around magical girls in the franchise but from multiple perspectives and with a lot of verve and energy. Intensely good anime.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

no problem

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

x

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

Magia record is so insanely good. The first couple eps are kinda eh but it really hits its stride and the back third is just fantastic. The episode that mirrors the homura revelation episode is basically unimpeachable, explores a similar breaking down of the rules around magical girls in the franchise but from multiple perspectives and with a lot of verve and energy. Intensely good anime.
:crossarms: Really? This makes it sound better than original recipe Madoka. Now I'm curious because "I won't rely on anyone anytmore" (the Homura Revelations episode) was already something fierce.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/true_jek_art/status/1255231452498853888?s=20

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

it's time for me to go outside. nothing bad happened over the past, like, nine months, right?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wark Say posted:

:crossarms: Really? This makes it sound better than original recipe Madoka. Now I'm curious because "I won't rely on anyone anytmore" (the Homura Revelations episode) was already something fierce.
I will say the last ep is an obvious cliffhanger for a s2 (that is confirmed but will probably take a while given current events) so keep that in mind. I wouldn't say stronger, it takes a bit longer to hit its stride and some episodes are a bit weak, and its animation isnt as consitent, but the characters feel a lot more dynamic and their conflicts with each other feel way more natural and varied. And Iroha feels like a stronger lead than Madoka, though of course Homura is essentially the actual protagonist of the original series.

It has things its better at and things its worse at, is how id put it.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DoubleDonut posted:

it's time for me to go outside. nothing bad happened over the past, like, nine months, right?

Things are pretty much the same so don't worry about it.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

level your blue mage coward

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Aurora posted:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Aurora posted:

if you think that's bad, get this: I haven't unlocked even one gathering or crafting class

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

all of my doh/dol classes are above 60 and the only dow/dom i have leveled is dragoon at 80

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

disciple of the land classes are the best classes

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

they're insanely easy to level now also

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
will I get a cool vulture-camel if I level them up

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

I will say the last ep is an obvious cliffhanger for a s2 (that is confirmed but will probably take a while given current events) so keep that in mind. I wouldn't say stronger, it takes a bit longer to hit its stride and some episodes are a bit weak, and its animation isnt as consitent, but the characters feel a lot more dynamic and their conflicts with each other feel way more natural and varied. And Iroha feels like a stronger lead than Madoka, though of course Homura is essentially the actual protagonist of the original series.

It has things its better at and things its worse at, is how id put it.
Alright, I'll give it a try. I liked Madoka for what it was but I wouldn't mind having some stronger characterization in that familiar setting.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

homeless snail posted:

they're insanely easy to level now also

People keep saying fishing is easy to level but I refuse to believe such lies could be true

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Just slap on a podcast or two and badabing badaboom you've got 80 FSH.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

SatoshiMiwa posted:

People keep saying fishing is easy to level but I refuse to believe such lies could be true
i went from 30 to 80 about 2 or 3 days after they added the limsa fishing boat. that's not even grinding because you can only ride the boat once every two hours

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

SatoshiMiwa posted:

An even worse fate awaits them sadly...ending up repackaged in some dollar store toy section in the middle of nowhere

something to look out for next time i'm in town

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Endorph posted:

Magireco is great and I wish more people watched it. I like how Touka is introduced as the creator of a perpetual motion machine, i.e. a machine that breaks conservation of energy, and is later revealed to be the founder of the Doppel system, which appears to break conservation of magical energy, a law just as intrinsic to Madoma's setting as conservation of energy us to the real world. There are lots of little details like that.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I really, really dig how its status as a spinoff lets it kind of approach the same set of emotional problems as the original show but from a different perspective. The original show was pretty navel-gazey and individualistic - the climax of the show both mechanically and emotionally revolves around how Madoka specifically chooses to look at herself and act off of that self-image. But I feel like MagiReco is approaching the same problems of despair and toxic, self-reinforcing, predatory systems from a community perspective - both that of Iroha, Yachiyo, and their found family of magical girls and the Magius cult.

It's definitely not as tight as the OG show was, the animation isn't as good even if the base layouts and storyboards are still consistently rad, and I can see being an adaptation of an ongoing mobage being a real potential problem when it comes time to hit some kind of actual ending, but there's definitely cool stuff there to chew on and I was kinda bummed how many people I saw write it off as a cheap cash in or holding it to the rather unreasonable standard of having to match or surpass the original show.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Apr 29, 2020

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i was pleasantly surprised at how little it cared about replicating the shock value aspect of the original, and at how effective the horror stuff still was without that. i also really really liked the episode about the green haired girl whose name i forget now

even with lesser animation it still puts most tv anime to shame visually with the layouts and overall style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

I tried to level Blue Mage but it was really boring and I wish I had done it when that leveling bug was still unpatched.