Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Congratulations to Boris Johnson on the birth of his 234th child.

Roller Coast Guard fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Apr 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Congratulations to Boris for having yet another thing to hide behind while the country crashes down around him.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
The establishment are playing all their distraction cards too early. They'll have to start killing off royals soon if they want to keep it up.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Answers Me posted:

The establishment are playing all their distraction cards too early. They'll have to start killing off royals soon if they want to keep it up.

There's still tons of royals to get married/divorced/die.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Boris not making any decisions for the next two weeks might be a positive, actually. Stops him lifting lockdown.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

My money on them inducing so boris gets a full month of pat leave to ride out this crisis unscathed

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/Gabriel_Pogrund/status/1255228335937990657?s=20

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Cerv posted:

in conclusion, no-one warned the new kid that they were doing a photoshoot that day
Or they did and that's what he thought looked good. That's what they all thought. :ohdear:

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

They should now release those names anyway.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/PopulismExpert/status/1255426477081886721?s=20

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

There's still tons of royals to get married/divorced/die.

Hell, get a single couple to do all three. Could easily fill the contents of a least a few weeks of news;

Week 1) Royal Couple announce wedding - much media speculation about how much the bride is/isn't white worthy enough for ARE ROYLES.
Week 2) Endless waffle about how great it will be for moral, even if the bride doesn't compare to ARE KATE
Week 3) Day of the Wedding! National jubliation! Rejoice! Only +600 daily deaths due to COVID
Week 4) Couple announce divorce as it emerges that the Prince is a nonce they're incompatable.
Week 5) Day of the divorce! Endless speculation about how the bride failed the royal family and should hang her head in shame.
Week 6) Frothing media slander about the ex-bride and how she was at fault. Lots of pictures of the prince looking very not sweaty, because he cannot sweat. Trust us.
Week 7) The ex-bride dies in some completely accidental accident in which the Queen had no part. Media proclaims day of national mourning for the Princess of ARE HEARTS, and the struggle she had with the public pressure (not from them though, they must make this clear - it was entirely her failing to cope with it, and not the constant abuse from the media!). No mention of the prince being seen hugging a 14 year old in a very strange manner in a noted sex offender's mansion, aside from a small half-hearted joke mention in Private Eye, because "Oh, what a cad he is".

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
66.65 million. We are ALL Boris Johnson's children on this blessed day.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

half a mil a year for this sort of hard hitting journalism

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1255428334323990528

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Jose posted:

How long until he abandons this kid? I reckon a year at best

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

66.65 million. We are ALL Boris Johnson's children on this blessed day.

Closer to 66.61 million, currently.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Jose posted:

With just one sycophantic tweet, Peston has managed to get himself bodied by the entire of Twitter. Everyone who isn't a Boris fan is pointing out that the last six kids didn't change him so why should this one, and everyone who is is mocking Peston because they don't want Boris to change.

It takes a lot of talent to offend literally everyone with a compliment.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What does peston even want him to change to?

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Jose posted:

Sidepoint but is there anybody on Twitter whose avatar is a cartoon version of themselves that isn't a total oval office? It seems a pretty good barometer. This prick, Linehan, countless other journalists.

e: Peston also seems to have his own dedicated hashtag with another little cartoon version of his face. Absolute hellsite

ee: I think that tweet has had the fastest ratio I've ever seen. No doubt he'll have a salty follow-up later.

Answers Me fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Apr 29, 2020

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Also it doesn't really work because you're allowed to be out in the high Street with someone you live with? I guess unless it's going to do face recognition too, and look up where we live?

I guess they should then link it to the fines system so you get a ping on your phone with an email and your 60 quid proximity fine (half if you pay within two weeks).

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

It's Wednesday, baby!

https://twitter.com/TheIDSmiths/status/1253308893712842754

malk83
Sep 3, 2008

Dell_Zincht posted:

How long until he abandons this kid? I reckon a year at best

only it's Boris and a baby he can't run away from

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Answers Me posted:

Sidepoint but is there anybody on Twitter whose avatar is a cartoon version of themselves that isn't a total oval office? It seems a pretty good barometer. This prick, Linehan, countless other journalists.

e: Peston also seems to have his own dedicated hashtag with another little cartoon version of his face. Absolute hellsite

There's one American journo with a cartoon of them touching their chin in a "hmm yes" fashion, neatly confirming both this rule and the older "Anyone with a face shot that shows their hands is a bellend" rule of portraiture.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Gonna stand in the middle of the pavement and demand everyone give me a fiver to step aside or the robot will fine them

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Also it doesn't really work because you're allowed to be out in the high Street with someone you live with? I guess unless it's going to do face recognition too, and look up where we live?

I guess you could set up a whitelist of people in your household (not that I'm endorsing this lovely, lovely idea)

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Cunning of Boris to have a kid right before his first PMQs against Starmer, thus ensuring he can't be attacked or brought to account. 4D chess master.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Not So Fast posted:

Cunning of Boris to have a kid right before his first PMQs against Starmer, thus ensuring he can't be attacked or brought to account. 4D chess master.

This ensuring that he won't turn up.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Jedit posted:

With just one sycophantic tweet, Peston has managed to get himself bodied by the entire of Twitter. Everyone who isn't a Boris fan is pointing out that the last six kids didn't change him so why should this one, and everyone who is is mocking Peston because they don't want Boris to change.

It takes a lot of talent to offend literally everyone with a compliment.

The one talent between him and Kussenberg is pull off the most consistantly worst takes that everybody on the entirety of the political spectrum loving hates their guts.

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Apr 29, 2020

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
What Peston said is pretty much word for word what I said to conservative Uber alles dad when he tried baiting me so he could play “be outraged at the left winger” and he couldn’t bring himself to agree.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I wonder what would happen if I had three weeks sick, then tried to take two weeks paternity.

I’d probably be shown the door.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

goddamnedtwisto posted:

"Anyone with a face shot that shows their hands is a bellend" rule of portraiture.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

goddamnedtwisto posted:

There's one American journo with a cartoon of them touching their chin in a "hmm yes" fashion, neatly confirming both this rule and the older "Anyone with a face shot that shows their hands is a bellend" rule of portraiture.

Is that guy Michael someone? I think I know exactly the smug prick you're talking about.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Shout out to the daily mail for hijacking masks and coveralls that were being delivered to the NHS anyway for a marketing stunt.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Oodles posted:

I wonder what would happen if I had three weeks sick, then tried to take two weeks paternity.

I’d probably be shown the door.

If it makes you feel any better there's 100% plans going on to manage him out? It just depends if they want to avert hard Brexit or pin it on him in terms of when it happens.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

You cut that poo poo out right now, ain’t nobody wants to see Toby Young drunkface round here.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Answers Me posted:

the exception is a whole bunch of trans people who don't like looking at photos of their own face. only half of which are obnoxious but nobody can agree which half

see also, the horseshoe theory of twitter avatars:
https://twitter.com/Eremitpurpur/status/899632972458074116

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

He needs to push out hard brexit before he dosses back to a life of leisure

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Quelle surprise! The Forensic Haircut will face Dominic Raab at PMQs. Probably forensically.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Pesky Splinter posted:

The one talent between him and Kussenberg is pull off the most consistantly worst takes that everybody on the entirety of the political spectrum loving hates their guts.

this is what happens when you build your measure of political neutrality on annoying "both sides"

nobody thought it was possible to be a dumbass in two directions at once but with hard work you can achieve anything

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar

Lord Ludikrous posted:

RE Travel chat - If you want to have a relatively inexpensive holiday I strongly recommend taking a road trip to the Alps. You avoid all the stereotypical rowdy Brit tourists, get to immerse yourself in the local culture, and you’ll get to see some of the most gorgeous places in this part of the world.

My partner and I have done two in the German/Austrian/Swiss alps and we went with friends on the second one and it fuckin ruled.

Beer was cheaper than water too.

We looked at taking a family trip around there last year and even relatively meagre accommodation was insanely expensive. I guess if you don't want to poo poo up unspoiled scenery with hotels that's what happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said

Jose posted:

Yes because the previous 6 (7?) made such an impact.