Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

People are the disease killing the planet, eating meat is just a delicious symptom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

The Glumslinger posted:

The system is too good, and thats why we're handling it so terribly

https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/1255353302600093697

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1255352014042738688

He actually tweeted this. I thought it was a joke. gently caress this stupid rear end in a top hat idiot.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

My uncle just started messaging me about how the meat packing plant in our province was shut down because 3 people had a cold and how this cannot go on, Bill Gates created the virus to forcibly vaccinate us all, etc...

Yeah, it’s not because 3 people had a cold. It’s because 759 workers caught Covid and one of them DIED. It’s also caused the worst outbreak in the province with over a quarter of our cases directly connected to it.

I don’t think I’ll even respond to my uncle cause it will just make me mad.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

virUs

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Fartbox posted:

It's funny that the earth is healing because humans are getting hosed. Now we can't even slaughter as many animals either. If I was a religious man, I'd say this was divine providence, an act of a higher power to subdue humanity and show us the error of our ways

How is it "funny" that the Earth is healing? There's nothing odd what so ever about the fact that it's doing better in some areas without people polluting as much. That's 100% entirely normal and expected, full-stop.

We will still slaughter those animals. They just don't get turned into food. The animals still get killed. Farmers can't afford to feed and handle their milch cows, ranchers can't afford to tend their meat stock. Those animals don't live for free. They don't cost anything dead. They don't get processed for free. Guess what happens. They don't go live on a farm upstate in retirement.

Congrats on being a vengeful atheist mocking the people you're smarter then in the rest of your sentiment, I suppose. You nailed it.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Nessa posted:

My uncle just started messaging me about how the meat packing plant in our province was shut down because 3 people had a cold and how this cannot go on, Bill Gates created the virus to forcibly vaccinate us all, etc...

Yeah, it’s not because 3 people had a cold. It’s because 759 workers caught Covid and one of them DIED. It’s also caused the worst outbreak in the province with over a quarter of our cases directly connected to it.

It's the dumbest among us who are the most scared. Truly an explosive combination.

Big Beef City posted:

How is it "funny" that the Earth is healing? There's nothing odd what so ever about the fact that it's doing better in some areas without people polluting as much. That's 100% entirely normal and expected, non-stop.

We will still slaughter those animals. They just don't get turned into food. The animals still get killed. Farmers can't afford to feed and handle their milch cows, ranchers can't afford to tend their meat stock. Those animals don't live for free. They don't cost anything dead. They don't get processed for free. Guess what happens. They don't go live on a farm upstate in retirement.

Congrats on being a vengeful atheist mocking the people you're smarter then in the rest of your sentiment, I suppose. You nailed it.

Sir this a COVID testing drive thru

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Another Bill posted:

It's the dumbest among us who are the most scared. Truly an explosive combination.

Sir this a COVID testing drive thru

Sorry man, your last two posts about eating meat and responding to meat packing posts and saying nothing had me so fired up to respond I had to just get on board with the spirit you were injecting this thread with, like bleach fighting a virus.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Big Beef City posted:

How is it "funny" that the Earth is healing? There's nothing odd what so ever about the fact that it's doing better in some areas without people polluting as much. That's 100% entirely normal and expected, full-stop.

Nice meatdown

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it's time to all join forces and beat the meat

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Who ordered the meat plants shut down?

W-wait a minute... that's Genesplicer's music!!

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Big Beef City posted:

This is true.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Seriously though, they're already euthanizing chickens.

Millions of them.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
Did I miss a day when republicans all got together and decided "gently caress it lets go all in on being mustache-twirling cartoon villains?"

McConnell wants to pass legislation that "shields" businesses from any liability. Because the best way to enforce OSHA covid safety guidelines is making sure there's no chance of accountability?
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/28/business/businesses-coronavirus-liability.html

Mitch McConnell: "stop 'blue state bailouts'"
https://www.businessinsider.com/mcconnell-blue-state-bailout-coronavirus-cash-reserves-levels-recession-aid-2020-4

Trying to suppress votes by refusing to cancel in-person voting in the hopes of a low turnout despite pandemic(which backfired anyway):
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/10/wisconsin-voter-restrictions-democracy-coronavirus-primary

Iowa Gov (R): Go back to work or lose UI, fear of virus not a valid reason to continue UI claims
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/money/business/2020/04/28/coronavirus-iowa-state-tells-workers-return-jobs-lose-benefits/3039117001/

They..know we can read and we have functioning eyes right? At least try and hide this poo poo or something ffs

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Seriously though, they're already euthanizing chickens.

Millions of them.

Why was the chicken euthanized? To get to the Other Side.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

cda posted:

lol

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

cda posted:

Oh you bastard :lol:

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

zer0spunk posted:

Did I miss a day when republicans all got together and decided "gently caress it lets go all in on being mustache-twirling cartoon villains?"

There probably hasn't been a day in your entire life when they didn't go all in on being cartoon villains. Congratulations on waking up from your coma though

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
I was planning on going in with my in-laws on a cattle ranch this year. Still have the farm credit application sitting on my desk. The rest of the in-laws are still gung-ho about it, "meat prices are going up!" but that's because of lack of supply of processed meat, sure as gently caress not a lack of cattle. Feels like a stupid time to be making any major financial decision, let alone jumping into an industry that is in the middle of a crisis. I've got a day and a half before the deadline for paperwork submission. I feel like there's a loving guillotine hanging above my marriage.

But at least my COVID test results were negative.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

cda posted:

There probably hasn't been a day in your entire life when they didn't go all in on being cartoon villains. Congratulations on waking up from your coma though

It's never been this overt

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Nessa posted:

I am personally of the opinion that lovely opinions should be mercilessly mocked and attacked because if these people get no pushback they feel agreed with. If you don't want to fight with him just reply really sarcastically like he's an idiot, it will make him mad and you can laugh idk.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Chocobo posted:

I was planning on going in with my in-laws on a cattle ranch this year. Still have the farm credit application sitting on my desk. The rest of the in-laws are still gung-ho about it, "meat prices are going up!" but that's because of lack of supply of processed meat, sure as gently caress not a lack of cattle. Feels like a stupid time to be making any major financial decision, let alone jumping into an industry that is in the middle of a crisis. I've got a day and a half before the deadline for paperwork submission. I feel like there's a loving guillotine hanging above my marriage.

But at least my COVID test results were negative.

I know someone who bought a new house last week in a rust belt town and now they have a couple of months to sell their old house in the rust belt town and move in the middle of a pandemic.

:downs:

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
I'll tell you whut

I will never ever work for any company with a "liability shield". gently caress that 10000000%

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Ultimately people need to realize that politicians and corporations will use any excuse to roll back workers' rights and their health and safety at any time. That's why you need to unionize and fight for yourself on the ground level.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

sweet thursday posted:

Ultimately people need to realize that politicians and corporations will use any excuse to roll back workers' rights and their health and safety at any time. That's why you need to unionize and fight for yourself on the ground level.

I've been non union for 15 years, but this is making me want to apply for IATSE

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

sweet thursday posted:

Ultimately even this is hard and an upward climb lol. What I'm saying is we need a general strike.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Poor Bill Gates, attempts to monopolize tech world with lovely software, gets villainized.

Repents and becomes world's most generous philanthropist, gets villainized.

Dude should say gently caress you world, go buy an island and go all Buddy Pine on it.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Ohio is starting to gradually reopen the state very soon. All "general offices" that were closed from the shelter in place order can reopen May 4th and I'm extremely worried for my safety. I work in IT, which means I will 100% be going back to the office when the rest of my company is. I doubt I will have any choice in the matter. I really, really, really do not want to be going back to work and I feel like I'm not alone here. I feel very safe in my controlled environment working from home. Sure, Ohio has done a better job in locking down the state earlier than most and minimizing spread of the virus, but I feel like it's too soon and I'm going to contract Coronavirus and spread it to my girlfriend and her family.

Am I just being a crazy person who is doomsaying and being overly cautious and scared out of my mind for no reason? I dunno, man.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Apr 29, 2020

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Am I just being a crazy person who is doomsaying and being overly cautious and scared out of my mind for no reason? I dunno, man.

No, you're being what we call "not an idiot"

the fact that this is even a discussion is pure insanity

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Withnail posted:

Poor Bill Gates, attempts to monopolize tech world with lovely software, gets villainized.

Repents and becomes world's most generous philanthropist, gets villainized.

Dude should say gently caress you world, go buy an island and go all Buddy Pine on it.

All billions are leeches that do far more harm than good. Bill Gates is more than welcome to disappear from public view. People like him are why the world is a mess to begin with.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

No, things in the United States are dire and grim right now, and they are going to stay that way for probably a couple years because our federal and state governments don't care about our lives. Re-opening is a terrible idea and Ohio is going to see a massive surge in cases and deaths by the end of May at the earliest.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I said come in! posted:

No, things in the United States are dire and grim right now, and they are going to stay that way for probably a couple years because our federal and state governments don't care about our lives. Re-opening is a terrible idea and Ohio is going to see a massive surge in cases and deaths by the end of May at the earliest.

Yeah. I'm in Toronto and it feels like watching your neighbor pour gasoline on their house fire.

I want them to stop because they're amplifying the disaster, but also because when the fire gets big enough it's going to spread to my house.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

zer0spunk posted:

*puts an arm around your shoulder and makes a giant, flourishing sweep of the other arm towards "The Entire Last Century"*

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Another Bill posted:

Yeah. I'm in Toronto and it feels like watching your neighbor pour gasoline on their house fire.

I want them to stop because they're amplifying the disaster, but also because when the fire gets big enough it's going to spread to my house.

Can't wait to illegally scale the Canada/American Border Wall (tm) in the future

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

unpacked robinhood posted:

Some children apparently suffer from an hypothetical kiddie covid which shares symptoms with a thing called Kawasaki (?) disease.

My friend's son has Kawaski disease. It's pretty tough on little kids.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

zer0spunk posted:

Can't wait to illegally scale the Canada/American Border Wall (tm) in the future

Aw poo poo. In a supremely ironic twist, Canada is going to make us pay for it, aren't they?

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
here's a fun covid related corporate slap fight for you

nbc/universal had a movie coming out april 10th that they sunk a ton of marketing into.
they decide to release the film to VOD since no theaters are open and they want to recoup losses.
the movie does incredibly well (captive market and all)
theater alliance goes "hmmm, this isn't good but we get it, one time thing right you guys, ha ha?"
universal decides to brag about the performance of said film and also decide to announce going forward they'll be releasing films VOD and theatrical same day.

AMC goes full nuclear and bans all universal films

(reminder here, after disney the next biggest franchises are Jurassic World and F&F, both universal owned)

all this over "trolls 2"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

zer0spunk posted:

No, you're being what we call "not an idiot"

the fact that this is even a discussion is pure insanity
We’re also now over 1 mil cases and 60k deaths

I saw an article saying that in the US we are likely under counting COVID-19 deaths by the ‘tens of thousands’ as well

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

zer0spunk posted:

nbc/universal had a movie coming out april 10th that they sunk a ton of marketing into.
they decide to release the film to VOD since no theaters are open and they want to recoup losses.
theater alliance goes "hmmm, this isn't good but we get it, one time thing right you guys, ha ha?"
universal decides to brag about the performance of said film and also decide to announce going forward they'll be releasing films VOD and theatrical same day.

(reminder here, after disney the next biggest franchises are Jurassic World and F&F, both universal owned)

all this over "trolls 2"

Jokes on Universal, AMC won't be around soon anymore, so it doesn't matter anyway.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

zer0spunk posted:

all this over "trolls 2"

I fuckin' knew this was coming. The studios are going to drop theatres right on their rear end the moment they think they can make just as much money through paid streaming rentals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Cacafuego posted:

Jokes on Universal, AMC won't be around soon anymore, so it doesn't matter anyway.

..maybe

If Regal and Cinemark rallies around AMC (and why wouldn't they, they are in the same boat) Universal is hosed..You can't make a billion dollars without theaters showing your films. Would those films make what they would strictly VOD? No clue but everyone seems to think nope.

If studios rally around universal, AMC is hosed. Can't play anything if you can't get films.

They both need each other, I expect them to walk this whole back.

AMC is owned by some chinese billionaire, universal/nbc has comcast money. They are both fine more or less, AMC maybe less so without bailouts cuz who the hell is going to a theater without a vaccine.

Entertaining as hell though. The letter AMC sent reads desperate as gently caress