Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

where the gently caress is my forum subtitle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
we finally did it... cspam is top level

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
c-spam seems to be going good... remember that you don't need to shake things up for the sake of shaking things up, and please do not do freak poo poo like "slur bot" lol

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

seattle plague rat posted:

i will never recognize the oppressive &unconstitutional authority of the mods

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

goddam did i ever get owned by the mods in this thread

complete 180, like a guy who hates cats until they see a helpless little crosseyed kitten

seattle plague rat has issued a correction as of 11:44 on Apr 29, 2020

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'd appreciate a concrete mod opinion on poo-posting:

lol

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'd appreciate a concrete mod opinion on poo-posting:

That sounds pretty gross. Does this happen a lot?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i only have good poops when i bike. but when i do twenty miles hoo boy it's nice

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

twoday posted:

That sounds pretty gross. Does this happen a lot?

every morning at 6:42am on the dot as per the queen

twoday
May 4, 2005

i say swears online posted:

i only have good poops when i bike. but when i do twenty miles hoo boy it's nice

And how do you clean up the bike afterwards? I imagine that would be a hose situation

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

twoday posted:

And how do you clean up the bike afterwards? I imagine that would be a hose situation

oh the bike is hosed alright

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Homeless Friend posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVHyl0P_P-M

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

what the

did somebody switch the restroom signs again

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

this is an abomination unto these forums

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

now this is the kind of moderating algorithm i can get behind

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
i first read this thread as “c-spam horsekeeping and feedback” and though of mike pence and his love of receiving horse nut on the inside of his person

Oct 28, 2003

does this mean we can barge into dnd and cyberbully with abandon?

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

the forums rename suck poo poo

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

do not automate modding
but also
uncertain why so many forums are getting renamed :orks:
much to think about

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

wolfs posted:

do not automate modding
but also
uncertain why so many forums are getting renamed :orks:
much to think about

it's what the automatic algorithm came up with

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
re: "why are there slurs that went unpunished," I am not exactly an automated red light camera here. I don't spend my work days idly searching for slurs in the aging, not very reliable forums search tool looking to Get People. I get the ones that get reported, and I get the ones that I see directly. I would prefer a Slur Free Experience (tm), but it's not for lack of trying that we're missing some in a forum that generates roughly 10-15k posts per day overall.

We recently moved to giving out a day probe instead of a sixer for "retard" because I think it's been long enough that people should know better, so it's not something that is not on our radar. But I also don't really think it's a process that should be automated, if you get away with posting a slur that doesn't make you cool or smarter than the Forums Cops, it just makes you kind of petty and mean.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

ban anyone that says someone 'should' vote for biden or trump, or anyone that admits they are voting for biden or trump. we should not tolerate open support of rapists on the forums.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Goddamn you all to hell!

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

cspam is blemished because of a tabletop pun

this disgrace shall not stand, MODS??!?!?!

THS
Sep 15, 2017

if this thread is just slur chat now, imo confirmed gay people should be able to say the f word. i will submit proof if you need it

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
gonna start dropping the n bomb everywhere just as soon as I pass the mods' paper bag test

twoday
May 4, 2005

Crane Fist posted:

Dragging out the legal textbooks, running down citations and calling in the experts to make a watertight case for why I should be allowed to say slurs

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
imo anyone should be allowed to say slurs but also the mods should ban anyone who says slurs, this is free speech in action

twoday
May 4, 2005

THS posted:

if this thread is just slur chat now, imo confirmed gay people should be able to say the f word. i will submit proof if you need it

I’m not sure I like that, but anyway it’s a moot point because there is a technical problem which prevents this from happening.

In order for that to work, all C-SPAM mods and IKs would have to know which user is what in order to avoid wrongfully probing them. Since there are hundreds of users you can’t expect each of us to memorize all of them and who is what. Perhaps we could create a database with all users’ racial and sexual identities. Or make little icons to remind everyone what group a person belongs to. Sounds great, right?

No?

Just don’t use slurs, please

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
seriousposting for a minute there's no reason to use a slur it's 2020 for crying out loud

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

THS posted:

This has never been a good solution because I don't want to have to paper-bag test users every time an issue comes up and keep lists of Who Is Allowed to Say What Slur.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Where did all the old mods go? also who were the old mods?

And what does IK stand for? i've asked this many, many times and never gotten the answer

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

CODChimera posted:

Where did all the old mods go? also who were the old mods?

And what does IK stand for? i've asked this many, many times and never gotten the answer

IK: idiot king, old school Something Awful slang.

The previous mods all resigned in relatively quick succession at the beginning of the year, for both forums and personal reasons. Logik officially stepped down about a week and a half ago, but had effectively resigned about two months ago.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

i like cspam

twoday
May 4, 2005

Some important mod business has transpired in the name game thread

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
What the gently caress have I woken up to?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

exmarx posted:

c-spam seems to be going good... remember that you don't need to shake things up for the sake of shaking things up, and please do not do freak poo poo like "slur bot" lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Give me my forum name or give me death