Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Atrocious Joe posted:

Xeni update: she was preyed upon by Lemmy and GWAR as a child, but still thinks they wanted to hang out because she was a cool 14 year old.
https://twitter.com/goodatsexguy/status/1254517440844754944?s=20

if true, this has gone from funny to sad

There's no way her story is true but Lemmy was a predator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Siljmonster posted:

"And Introducing" does a wonderful job of showing how monstrous pretty much every rock musician from that era is

Donald Fagen absolutely comes to the fore here since he talks about catching frostbite jerking it outside of a co-ed's window and then some disgusting description about bologna on a girl's thighs

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Xeni rationalizing being groomed and abused makes the whole thing a lot more depressing than if it were entirely down to her being being a callous, cynical shill :smith:

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

My gf is insisting on listening to the weeds to get pandemic news updates. is there a less terrible person i can point her towards than matt yglesias? she likes citations needed after I suggested that to her but they're not really a "news" podcast. she's not online enough to enjoy chapo or trueanon.

i'm forcing her to listen to that two-parter of trueanon about liz warren and the dnc anyways because it was that good. that's not really relevant to my q, i just wanted to shout out v. illych for reminding me of how much those eps ruled

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Biederman has been on a goddamn roll in this 2020 season

he passes, shoots, assists, scores, tackles, goes up and down the pitch, drat

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Richard Wolff has his weekly updates for non-succ economic news.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
are there pandemic news updates that are necessary? the u.s. hasn't had any kind of actual lock down, so it's just been the continual rise in numbers of sick, and dying.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

you're probably right, i don't know what shes really looking for. i just want her to not listen to lib garbage on purpose.

i've overheard some of the weeds and i've never heard a professional speaker say "like" so many times per sentence

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
maybe she's wanting something optimistic that sounds like everyone has a plan, or is dealing with things in a cogent manner? like..presumably NPR does this? idk. it's all soul-crushing bitter truths about the struggle in my progressive and/or leftist news sources. in that arena, Liz Franczak and Amber A'lee Frost are the most hopeful.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

dead gay comedy forums posted:

Biederman has been on a goddamn roll in this 2020 season

he passes, shoots, assists, scores, tackles, goes up and down the pitch, drat

He's basically got me convinced that Biden is going to win

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Hooplah posted:

My gf is insisting on listening to the weeds to get pandemic news updates. is there a less terrible person i can point her towards than matt yglesias? she likes citations needed after I suggested that to her but they're not really a "news" podcast. she's not online enough to enjoy chapo or trueanon.

i'm forcing her to listen to that two-parter of trueanon about liz warren and the dnc anyways because it was that good. that's not really relevant to my q, i just wanted to shout out v. illych for reminding me of how much those eps ruled

beep beep lettuce, they like weed too

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Intercepted is pretty okay if you are looking for current affairs stuff although Scahill does get on his :d2a: rants every now and then.

Citations needed is a good way to introduce folks to more left leaning media imo.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Your Voice Radio

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

peacock man is canceled for revisionist thought

https://mobile.twitter.com/Guenboozy29/status/1255542799979642880

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

olives black posted:

Matt should obviously play Alpha Centauri. What is this Elder Scrolls poo poo, what is the matter with you people

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

matt bruenig owning the federalist and causing a conservative media meltdown has firmly secured his place at #1 in the matt power rankings

gj matty b stats

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

If matt b knew how to play video games, it would all be over for the rival matts

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Victory Position posted:

I can only see Matt playing old rear end Gottliebs from the 60s and complaining about the cacophony and din of solid state tables

(the hell was he playing, anyway?)

Lethal Weapon

e:

Doc Hawkins posted:

although...

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
oh were talkin about bruenig matt,, who cares

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Doc Hawkins posted:

Lethal Weapon

hoo wee, now I'm itching to know if he's a smooth ride Williams kind of guy or a goofball skill shot Bally kind of guy

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

"I'm not owned"
https://twitter.com/NathanJRobinson/status/1255594025656221698?s=20

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

- people who were trying to find Brian David Gilbert videos but ended up on Current Affairs instead

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
has zizek done anything to acknowledge NJR’s existence

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can’t believe that blogger betrayed Marx, rally the red brigades to whine about it

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Siljmonster posted:

any more info on this? it wouldn't surprise me that the epitome of "sex drugs & rnr" doesn't have the cleanest conscience wrt sex, but whenever I've seen someone (m or f) mention meeting him in an interview (or youtube comments, whatever) he's always portrayed as a gentleman. though I suppose biden was as well and turns out he's a rapist.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Dr. Killjoy posted:

The only connection I know of is Robinson did a writeup on Zizek's dominating "debate" performance with Jordan Peterson, which was all about how Zizek focused on the wrong things and should have addressed this or that.

But as far as I know, no.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Killjoy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyxAJr6kc5c

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

the current cristman stream is very good

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Victory Position posted:

Donald Fagen absolutely comes to the fore here since he talks about catching frostbite jerking it outside of a co-ed's window and then some disgusting description about bologna on a girl's thighs

lol

THS
Sep 15, 2017

what did matt bruenig do

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

THS posted:

what did matt bruenig do

his wife blocked me on twitter

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

THS posted:

what did matt bruenig do

Is this still the thing where he got the Federalist sued?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

THS posted:

what did matt bruenig do

he reported the federalist's editor in chief (?) ben domenech (who also happens to be meghan mccains husband) to the nlrb for a "joke" tweet where he said he would send his employees to the "salt mines" if they tried to unionize

the nlrb took action, and instead of just taking down the tweet per the nlrb's request, the federalist spend a bunch of money fighting this very clear cut case in court....... and lost

now conservative media freaks are trying to make a big deal out of it — domenech got an op ed in the WSJ about it for example:

https://twitter.com/jsende/status/1255281562179993600

bruenig wrote a piece on it too:

https://twitter.com/PplPolicyProj/status/1255449634237022210

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Homeless Friend posted:

oh were talkin about bruenig matt,, who cares

i like bruenig matt

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

nathan j robinson SUUUCCCKKSSS

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i remember at one point amber made a half hearted attempt to cancel him and i kinda wondered why even though i knew he sucked. well now i know, its cause hes a lib

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

he reported the federalist's editor in chief (?) ben domenech (who also happens to be meghan mccains husband) to the nlrb for a "joke" tweet where he said he would send his employees to the "salt mines" if they tried to unionize

the nlrb took action, and instead of just taking down the tweet per the nlrb's request, the federalist spend a bunch of money fighting this very clear cut case in court....... and lost

now conservative media freaks are trying to make a big deal out of it — domenech got an op ed in the WSJ about it for example:

https://twitter.com/jsende/status/1255281562179993600

bruenig wrote a piece on it too:

https://twitter.com/PplPolicyProj/status/1255449634237022210

*chk chk* got their rear end

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

it feels like a waste of time to have an opinion on nathan hes always jsut been marginally better than most left-lib journalists because hes a decent writer and ppl only remember him because he lives in a hot air balloon

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Hooplah posted:

https://the-syllabus.com/podcasts/podcasts-politics-of-covid-19-a-special-edition/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Farm Frenzy posted:

it feels like a waste of time to have an opinion on nathan hes always jsut been marginally better than most left-lib journalists because hes a decent writer. let him live in his hot air balloon

He sounds like a grown up version of Chucky from Rugrats