Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Prel posted:

I've been playing NGU for about two weeks now. I just hit what I guess is commonly referred to as the "Mega Wall". I've got full leveled/boosted Gaudy, I've done 1 Basic and 1 24 HR challenge, can idle the first three titans and AVSP. At this point do I just focus on NGU Adventure, Blood Pills, and Ygg until I can get a few kills in Mega and start boosting that? Complete the basic challenges I guess?

It feels like I went from satisfying cruising along progress to basically nothing.

it's gonna slow down yeah, but the trade-off is you get ever increasing knobs to fiddle. if basics don't take too long they're a very good source of stats, and don't forget advanced training exists if you need a little boost to get there. generally speaking though pill/ngu are the best options to push though, and the diminishing returns are not as bad as advertised

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Let Advanced Training run overnight or while you're at work or whatever on both Power and Toughness and you should be in a good place to start fishing for bosses in the Mega Lands.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I'm slowly grinding my way up to greasy nerd in Evil, but i'm having a hard time deciding which Augments to put all of my energy into at this stage (it all goes so slow).

I've got 700B Energy with about 133k total power and I've been popping them into canon implant and missile launcher, but is that the most efficient ones to put them into at this stage?

edit: I've completed all of the lazer sword challenges too so the later augments have that multiplier effect too so i'm not sure if it's more effective for one or two levels in a higher augment vs thousands in safety scissors.

Kin fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Apr 27, 2020

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

yeah I'm pretty sure cannon is the move for that stage. I'm just about to start idling Gv1/Nv4 and am probably at the stage where I'd wanna move off canon and up a tier

Definitely don't do safety

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I've only been doing Energy Buster for a long long time, it seems like the best cost/power ratio - have I been horribly wrong this whole time?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Whichever is the highest that you can BB I'd assume, right?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
On a challenge, whichever I can BB the best works, usually Scissors followed by Milk after some rebirths, while on a normal climb I think that a few thousands of levels on both the augment and its upgrade is good enough; I am building adv stats towards JRPGVille and have 3k/6k on the Shoulder Minigun from killing the bosses to unlock it. Don't think I've used the Energy Buster or higher ones since jumping to Evil.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
iirc with augments you want one you don't bb, because that's energy wasted over cap. typically anything that you gain levels in pretty fast but not full bb is correct

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
NGU: I have Godmother easy on farm and maxed out her equipment. What should I be working on to get my adventure stats up high enough to kill things in Typo Zonw? My stats are currently around 35Qi/15Qi with beast mode on, hack level is almost 800, NGU for both normal and evil are pretty good...

Is it just dumping PP/QP in adventure stats for rich jerks? (Both are at zero) Or is there something else I can work on, too?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
That's about the point you'll need the first set of adventure stats for rich fuckos, yeah.

Keep in mind that you'll start doing Normal godmother before typo zonw too.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Surprised you got to godmother without, I've been pumping (and am almost finished with) the first adv perk and have almost finished it in time to have godmother/brutal nerd on regular autokill.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
Can Meeple#5423 get added to the NGU goon discord please?

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
I'm finally at the part of NGU where it's not interesting enough to me to constantly micromanage every hour i'm on the computer, which leads to Large Gains the 1-2x a day i DO play it, which makes it an enjoyable experience again. truly the gift that keeps on giving. love this game, 4g

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Chin Strap posted:

Can Meeple#5423 get added to the NGU goon discord please?

There's a goon discord? I'm in the main one but if there's a goon one I'd like to join too. Serperoth#8607

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

it's the regular discord but there's a secret goon channel

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Is it normal for me to start running out of poops from ITPOD in evil? I was more or less breaking even towards the end of normal inn 24 hour runs when i was using a few of them on seeds, but now my stockpile seems to be dwindling with the same setup.

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

Kin posted:

Is it normal for me to start running out of poops from ITPOD in evil? I was more or less breaking even towards the end of normal inn 24 hour runs when i was using a few of them on seeds, but now my stockpile seems to be dwindling with the same setup.

I am on the climb to Nerdv1 and I am seeing the poops breaking even to slowly increasing but I am only using it on, Adventure, Knowledge, Pom, Luck, AP, PP

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Is it weird to not be able to kill Exile v1 with the stats suggested on the wiki? Normally I can deplete 3 or 4 of the health bars before it kills me - I'm blocking the charge attacks, but his regular power attacks still get me.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Epsilon Plus posted:

Is it weird to not be able to kill Exile v1 with the stats suggested on the wiki? Normally I can deplete 3 or 4 of the health bars before it kills me - I'm blocking the charge attacks, but his regular power attacks still get me.

if you're doing manual make sure you're wearing all the move cooldown accessories. only Titan I ever needed em for

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Hey all, been quiet in this thread mostly due to a reaally stubborn ear infection and also laziness.

I redid the building panel UI in Game 2 so it uses even more icons. Helps save some crucial space and maybe looks better?

There's also 2 things I added for QOL, based on goon feedback:

1) A tab for favourited buildings (the Star Button): You can ctrl + click any of the pods on the left to toggle if it's saved to favourites, and then, if you click to view the favourites tab, you'll see only those flagged buildings. Hopefully useful for if you intend to tweak a specific set of buildings often to get it juuust right.

2) A Tab for "Active Buildings". This means buildings which either exist on any map (>=1 building placed) OR, it has a non-zero theoretical gain/loss. In short - anything that you have placed, or might directly use up as a result, is shownhere. Combined with the theoretical gain/loss view, this helps you balance your map for sustainable builds - if everything that shows in this tab has >=0 gain/loss your setup should run without bottlenecks infinitely.

There's also a very basic (and kinda busted atm) combat system in place, and a couple more tiers of recipes for the flesh world map. Oh, and a button to completely clear the current map you're on (The bulldozer button).

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I think "EM ______" might be my favorite stat I've seen in this game so far.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Pope Guilty posted:

just wait till you get to r3 then

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Pope Guilty posted:

If you're just getting that item, an unexpected but useful tip is to KEEP (and green) a Lvl 100 of the normal version while farming the transformed version. The stats of the normal version are helpful for pushing the next zone.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Cobalt60 posted:

If you're just getting that item, an unexpected but useful tip is to KEEP (and green) a Lvl 100 of the normal version while farming the transformed version. The stats of the normal version are helpful for pushing the next zone.

Oh yeah, I leveled the first one to 100 and fully greened it before making a candy cane since both the pre-transformation and post-transformation versions have the same Power/Toughness and I'm definitely not in a position to throw away 170K P/T.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I might be going crazy or hit a bug, but I swear my mayo production speed slowed down significantly a couple of days ago. Was there a quiet nerf or something?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Megazver posted:

I might be going crazy or hit a bug, but I swear my mayo production speed slowed down significantly a couple of days ago. Was there a quiet nerf or something?

if you use more gens it splits the speed up. 1 goes twice as fast as 2 etc

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Cobalt60 posted:

This is also true for the amulets. Besides, if something has a stat other than Energy and Magic, keep it.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

cooking...?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Maybe :ssh:

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Oh no, i saw the wiki. I'm not falling for cooking

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I'm up to about 45 million energy, and 4 million magic, both with gear i feel like i'm at a pretty big wall. I got three titans on auto kill so drat near a full day is a good chunk of EXP.

I feel like i'm missing something. I did a good chunk of challenges minus the troll challenge. Any tips?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Right now my priority is farming Walderp gear, so my strategy is basically long rebirths (since I need like 20K Advanced Training levels to get to a point where I can reliably autokill him). I've already been up to boss 151 but am in the 130's and just ignoring that while I focus on PP, NGUs, Iron Pills, and Walderp farming; am I hurting myself at all by ignoring Number/boss progression until I'm ready to move on to Badly Drawn World?

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

OMFG

i just deleted all my exile stuff. and his nuts drop. meaning i n eed to ge tthem again T.T

How do i get them again? i assume i cant get them?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Meskhenet posted:

OMFG

i just deleted all my exile stuff. and his nuts drop. meaning i n eed to ge tthem again T.T

How do i get them again? i assume i cant get them?

just do what you did originally and theyll come back

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Have you been keeping save files?

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I try to do my daily save before eating from Yggdrasil, so I can reload when I inevitably reset or throw my gold in the pit before leveling up my diggers.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

any new hotness in the last 1500 posts?

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Fargin Icehole posted:

I'm up to about 45 million energy, and 4 million magic, both with gear i feel like i'm at a pretty big wall. I got three titans on auto kill so drat near a full day is a good chunk of EXP.

I feel like i'm missing something. I did a good chunk of challenges minus the troll challenge. Any tips?

Kill Titan 4. Use advanced training if you need it.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

my understanding is that it helps to get killed by titan 4 and then go farming for the person he mentions. low level items level up quick in daycare

i am roughly in the same place but am banging out challenges at the mo. i fear the Troll Challenge and haven't done it yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

my understanding is that it helps to get killed by titan 4 and then go farming for the person he mentions. low level items level up quick in daycare

i am roughly in the same place but am banging out challenges at the mo. i fear the Troll Challenge and haven't done it yet

The troll challenge isn't bad as long as you don't try to force it. If it takes you more than like 30 minutes to do one, you're not powerful enough. Come back later.