Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Normal brain: tell everyone to stay inside or they risk being arrested for gathering in large groups

Galaxy brain: singling out Jews to be arrested.

https://twitter.com/nycmayor/status/1255309615883063297?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I said it the first time too lol

It's not fair for one person to have all the title quotes :colbert:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Woofer posted:

Normal brain: tell everyone to stay inside or they risk being arrested for gathering in large groups

Gonna be real awkward when they're marching beside nazis

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

Gonna be real awkward when they're marching beside nazis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-g8a0xll9o

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Woofer posted:

I assume this is more toward Hassidic Jews and from talking to my Jewish friends, it seems that Hassidic Jews just bad

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

So he was arresting Jews for concentrating?

:thunk:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Woofer posted:

Nick Soapdish posted:

I assume this is more toward Hassidic Jews and from talking to my Jewish friends, it seems that Hassidic Jews just bad

Yeah, talked with a friend who is apart of that community and she explained what had happened better than DeBlasio ever could.

So he first tweeted about an outdoor funeral ceremony at a temple that was not following social distracting guidelines (though they had originally tried to do so by holding it out doors and asking people to still maintain distance from one another, just the crowds showing up ended up nixing that), so in context of that, his dumb tweet makes a little more sense but it's still super loving tone deaf.

You've also got him refusing to shut down streets to let people use them to get exercise while maintaining social distancing while he is traveling to parks far away from the mayors residence with his security detail all while telling people not to travel from across the city to Central Park, etc.

So yeah, DeBlasio is dumb.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Apr 29, 2020

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Efb, but here's an additional thread explaining DeBlasio's dumbfuck tweet:

https://twitter.com/NYCGreenfield/status/1255459703926161409?s=19

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah, talked with a friend who is apart of that community and she explained what had happened better than DeBlasio ever could.

So he first tweeted about an outdoor funeral ceremony at a temple that was not following social distracting guidelines (though they had originally tried to do so by holding it out doors and asking people to still maintain distance from one another, just the crowds showing up ended up nixing that), so in context of that, his dumb tweet makes a little more sense but it's still super loving tone deaf.

You've also got him refusing to shut down streets to let people use them to get exercise while maintaining social distancing while also traveling to parks far away from the mayors residence with his security detail while telling people not to travel from across the city to Central Park, etc.

So yeah, DeBlasio is dumb.

My family in NY was just talking about that and also showing tons of photos of white people out congregating like crazy to watch the blue Angels yesterday, etc.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

That Works posted:

So he was arresting Jews for concentrating?

:thunk:

No no no I said congregation camps

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

That Works posted:

My family in NY was just talking about that and also showing tons of photos of white people out congregating like crazy to watch the blue Angels yesterday, etc.

Yeesh, the pictures are Very Not Great.

https://twitter.com/ReuvenBlau/status/1255290725744418816?s=19

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

As a Jew, this entire thing greatly disappoints me. They're risking their lives and the lives of so many others by doing that. Some weren't even wearing masks - not that it's of much use if they have giant beards making the mask have no seal at all around their face.

Fundamentalalists of any religion are loving idiots - these people are just as stupid as the morons flocking to churches saying they're protected by Jesus' blood. They should be treated no differently. Cite them, fine them, just as if they were any idiot going to church or Mosque during a loving plague.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Yeah, that's... not good at all.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

This was the same community at the center of the measles outbreak this time last year right?

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

That’s real dumb but your response shouldn’t be “green light on the Jews!”

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
WELP, I CANNOT COMMENT ON ANY OF THIS :ohno:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Woofer posted:

Yeah no kidding. Call out the specific congregation not the whole religion.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Woofer posted:

De Blasio really hosed up the messaging, but I don't disagree with the intent. He should've been talking about every major religion in the city that continues to have large gatherings, saying that due to the loving plague, they will be cited and any large gathering will be broken up.

Common sense isn't so common. Fundamentalist religion breaks peoples brains.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Schrodinger's Antiviral

Edit:

Duzzy Funlop posted:

WELP, I CANNOT COMMENT ON ANY OF THIS :ohno:

:lol:

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Bored As gently caress posted:

I really wish these people would just take the quick route of killing themselves rather than potentially infecting and killing other innocent people.

I also wish I could tell every single one of them to kill themselves.

Dial way the hell back on poo poo like this please.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

McNally posted:

Dial way the hell back on poo poo like this please.

I hope you are having a good day mcnally :)

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I hope you are having a good day mcnally :)

Oh, it's a pretty good one. Got to watch a bunch of neat YouTube videos for work.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
They should ban public funerals, that's insane. The fuckin idea of going to a gathering like that, in the middle of a goddamn plague, for a dude who just died from that plague is doing my head in :psyduck:

I mean, haven't they banned large public gatherings anyway?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I mean, haven't they banned large public gatherings anyway?

Yes

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Imagine a world where we stop making exemptions for calvinball

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/AsteadWesley/status/1255292261644066823?s=19

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

How many thousands does this one cost

https://twitter.com/hillaryclinton/status/1255180025843892227?s=21

Internet Wizard fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Apr 29, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

She's baaaaaaaack!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
With ID4, I usually think of the woman on the roof when the aliens first show up and right before they attack. The "so pretty" scene.

The odds of being able to reenact that with russian nukes dropping above the tallest building in Colorado Springs is like, 2% of why I moved here. Doesn't work so well when the threat is Hilldog.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

LingcodKilla posted:

I’d have a really hard time taking that question seriously and just put down the dumbest answer

I mean if you gave me that survey that asked where chocolate milk came from you can bet your rear end I’d have checked brown cows

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Doesn't most cocoa come from west Africa?

African cows must make good chocolate milk.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
The only time the DNC will get the point is when they are on the gallows.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Milo and POTUS posted:

She's baaaaaaaack!

:regd08:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Wasabi the J posted:

The only time the DNC will get the point is when they are on the gallows.

The GOP applauds your enthusiasm.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

shut the gently caress up forever the DNC is running a loving rapist and any god drat critique and its WOW CONGRATS ON VOTING FOR TRUMP

PookBear fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 29, 2020

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Life is about choices. The Democratic Party chose to run a rapist on a platform that isn't really designed to help anybody. They chose to lose my vote.

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1255270728729079808?s=21

Is that his wife next to him or did he break down and finally go after Cory Chase directly?

PeterCat fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Apr 29, 2020

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I said Hillary would be the VP pick months ago.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I mean, if they make Hillary the VP I'll probably finally crack corn or whatever the stupid phrase is, but just assuming its inevitable because she crawled out of her hole to make an appearance and there's another tweet that's obviously referring to Klobwhatever when it refers to a potential VP choice is just working yourself into a panic over a game of telephone.

Settle the gently caress down, please. There's enough constant, justified doomsaying as it is.