Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

In Wild Force I always felt bad for Alyssa. I don't think she gets much to do at all except for a thing once with her dad, and also on top of that her actress had the most martial arts training so I like to think they could have done some fun stuff with her.

It's also the series I will remember for hilariously making the Rangers give their special jackets back after everything was done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I guess since in the end Alyssa was apparently telling the story of the entire series to a group of kids, she didn't want to embellish her own role too much

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, I'm glad it eventually got reprinted. Putting exclusive story content in the omnibus collection feels like a bit of a gently caress you to monthly issue buyers. Cover galleries and concept art or an interview or something makes sense...but an actual new story bugs me

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dawgstar posted:

In Wild Force I always felt bad for Alyssa. I don't think she gets much to do at all except for a thing once with her dad, and also on top of that her actress had the most martial arts training so I like to think they could have done some fun stuff with her.

It's also the series I will remember for hilariously making the Rangers give their special jackets back after everything was done.

Even when I first saw the series as a kid, I found it incredibly bizarre that they had to give back their jackets. The morphers fine, that made sense, but why the jackets? That was so silly.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

MorningMoon posted:

They sorta did! Fiveman is a team called Supersonic Rangers, and much like GoGoV, they added a sixth ranger.

Totally forgot about that.

Boom should try adapting a pre-Zordon team as more than cannon fodder to show off their new bad guy.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Beyond the Grid. Coinless Kim/Ranger Slayer, Tanya/Zeo Ranger II Yellow, Andros/Red Space Ranger, Mike/Magna Defender, Cam/Green Samurai Ranger, Heckyl/Dark Ranger and newcomer Ellarien/Solar Ranger.

Ah, guess it speaks to Beyond the Grid's quality that I totally forgot about it! I wonder what happened, given that the other teams in Shattered Grid didn't get bent out of character like that.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Even when I first saw the series as a kid, I found it incredibly bizarre that they had to give back their jackets. The morphers fine, that made sense, but why the jackets? That was so silly.

The real answer is probably that they had to give back their jackets at the end of Gaoranger, but that series made more of a point about the rangers giving up their lives to be superheroes, like how they generally use their color instead of names to refer to each other.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I mean it involved Mike as Magna Defender

it was doomed from the start

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mike as Magna Defender?

More like Mike's a magnet offender

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Paul Screen and Jason Narvy did a thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg4u25OYiLw

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

:roflolmao:

Wow, that's a pro click. I especially liked the background!

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Heh, I'm on the twitch stream of the guy who played Andros, and someone asked if he took anything off set. He said no, because they checked everyone as they were leaving every day for stuff they might've nicked.

"And the reason why? Three words: Jason. David. Frank."

Evidently the dude liberated stuff off set all the time, to the point of having an entire room of PR memorabilia.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MisterBibs posted:

Heh, I'm on the twitch stream of the guy who played Andros, and someone asked if he took anything off set. He said no, because they checked everyone as they were leaving every day for stuff they might've nicked.

"And the reason why? Three words: Jason. David. Frank."

Evidently the dude liberated stuff off set all the time, to the point of having an entire room of PR memorabilia.

He kept that up even with Dino Thunder. He just walked off set in the Black Dino suit

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I saw Christopher Kayman Lee say in another story that either Patricia Has Lee or Tracy Lynn Cruz actually managed to sneak off one of the communicator watches

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Every time I think it's time to cancel JDF, I learn something like this and come right back around to cherishing that beautiful Fight Goblin :allears:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

You're not gonna' pay us worth a gently caress? Cool. I'll take stuff then.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!
Yeah, I take pens from work all the time. I guess if you're working for Saban, the equivalent of a pen would be a laser gun.

That said, is there a link to that stream or hopefully a clip? I'd love to share that with some friends.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

JDF steals the Command Centre set after shooting one day, doing his villain laugh while everyone is too busy striking exaggerated poses of shock to do anything about it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I actively refuse to believe that JDF doesn't live in a complete replica of the command center.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
He doesn't even think of it as stealing. Of course he wore the suit home. The suit is his, he is that ranger. These things need to stay with him, in case the world needs him to use them.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Light Gun Man posted:

He doesn't even think of it as stealing. Of course he wore the suit home. The suit is his, he is that ranger. These things need to stay with him, in case the world needs him to use them.

Think he can windmill kick Covid?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Darth TNT posted:

Depends on if he thinks of himself as a miracle or not I guess:

No Idea if he walked back on this or not by now.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Darth TNT posted:

He probably thinks he could.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Zedd posted:

Depends on if he thinks of himself as a miracle or not I guess:

Can you edit Instagram posts? Cause it's weird he never said medical reports but everyone is replying "Why did you say ignore medical reports", did he edit that to "don't buy the news"

Charitably, he could be saying "log off and don't follow every bad thing happening"

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Apr 15, 2020

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Zedd posted:

If he starts wearing the ninjetti costume, we'll know he's actually worried.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

So, I just realized that one of the darkest scenes in Power Rangers history has no background music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzcvk1AVUAw

Enjoy!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

We missed your videos

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

John Wick of Dogs posted:

We missed your videos

Hell, same.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Aw. Go Go Power Rangers is coming to an end. I'll miss it even if I do wish they had stuck more with the slice of life stuff in the beginning.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Is there a "it takes a minute for my brain to process what's wrong, and then when it does, my brain screams that this is both fascinating and wrongity wrong wrong" emoticon?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Would have been better that way honestly.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Reminds me of an AU idea I had ages ago where due to an error with the teleporter Bulk and Skull get grabbed in the first episode instead of Billy and Kimberly, with things proceeding from there(Jason and Zack keep their canon colors, while Trini gets Pink in this universe, and Bulk and Skull get Yellow and Blue), would make the Teenagers with Attitude part more accurate

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
God

I noticed Jason and Tommy right off then I saw the rest and my brain froze

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The rictus grin on JDF's face.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Swapping Zack and Billy would have been a legitimately good idea. Would have made the Gold Ranger tease an even bigger punch in the gut if we had watched Billy wear black for three years.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

https://comicbook.com/powerrangers/news/power-rangers-lord-of-the-rings-bruce-allpress-dead-age-89/

Bruce Allpress, the actor who played Master Phant, the Green Ranger of Power Rangers Animal Fury, passed away at the age of 89.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Today on Power Rangers, I hate Zhane so loving much.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Lizard Wizard posted:

Today on Power Rangers, I hate Zhane so loving much.

Well, it's a good thing he doesn't have much time then!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ranger Danger just entered Lightspeed Rescue. I've of my favorite worries they've done.

My favorite bit was their idea that 6 years ago Captain Mitchell saw Rita Repulsa and Goldar come down from the moon and said "Ehhhhh... those aren't demons." Those government grants are highly specific in the way funds can be allocated.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I've had approximately zero exposure to Thunderbirds, but I am all in on rating episodes according to what weird-rear end sci-fi vehicle they most feel like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's an extremely simple system;
5 - Thunderbird 4
4 - Thunderbird 5
3 - Thunderbird 2
2 - Thunderbird 1
1 - Thunderbird 3

What could be an easier system than that